OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

Drumm's class prediction

QB: Caleb Williams

Sooners got five-star and number one overall QB, in the 2021 class, Caleb Williams, to FINALLY announce his commitment to the Sooners at around 9 pm on July 4th. Earlier that day, the Sooners got a commitment from four-star DB Latrell McCutchin. Since then Williams has stated that he has been working the top 2021 and 2022 OU targets. The momentum has started to pick up with the Sooners seemingly leading for several Top 247 players in both classes, and a few have set up announcement dates going forward (more on those throughout the insider note).

Williams was a key for Lincoln Riley and crew for 2021.

That said, did it have an effect on the top overall player in the 2022 class, Quinn Ewers, and his potential decision in the coming months? Yes and no. But I will have more on that come Monday morning, as I spoke with Ewers father, Curtis, for nearly an hour last night (Thursday night). Could Riley be on the verge of landing another elite QB to add to an already crazy talented QB room in Spencer Rattler, Tanner Mordecai, Chandler Morris, and soon-to-be on the roster, Caleb Williams? All are considered four-star and top tier players/QBs in their classes.

With Williams, however, it's not just his football and throwing skills, but the willingness and ability to lead on and off the field. In particular, the recruiting trail. That alone makes the commitment of CW that much bigger as the Sooners look to close out the LincUP21 class over the next few months.

RB: Camar Wheaton

(Photo: Andrew Hattersley, 247Sports)
There has been some chatter about Camar Wheaton and the Sooners over the last few weeks or so. I still contend that despite how good some may feel about the Sooners chances, that no one really has a solid feel for what Wheaton is going to do. I have had a couple of sources basically tell me, "No one knows, not even those closest to him, what Wheaton will do." Sill, the Sooners really don't seem to be pushing hard for others, so that leads me to believe the Sooners are in a good spot for Wheaton. Texas, SMU, and others are also very much in this one, but if I am to pick to a RB in this class it is Wheaton at this time.

I do get a feeling (cause no knows, as stated above) that Wheaton could announce by mid-August. Again, just guessing like everyone else with him.

I also think OU will go with one RB in this class and two in 2022 class, as they seem to feel very good about where they stand with 2022 elite RB's Raleek Brown and Gavin Sawchuk. That said, names in 2021 to watch are LJ Johnson and Donovan Edwards. Edwards took his virtual visit to OU several weeks ago, and it looks like the Sooners are in a battle with Michigan, Michigan State, and Georgia. Edwards has 87.5 % crystal ball picks to Michigan. Also, Johnson seems to be leaning heavily toward A&M but did take his virtual visit to OU several weeks ago. Sounds like things went well, according to a few people I spoke with about it. Oklahoma has a lot of work to do if they want to stop the four-star RB from choosing Texas A&M soon, but people I talk to feel confident in LJ landing in College Station and signing with A&M in the end.

WR: Cody Jackson, Mario Williams, Jalil Farooq, (Emeka Egbuka is always a take).

(Photo: Brandon Huffman, 247Sports)

Jalil Farooq was vocal with me and others about his affinity for the Sooners. He also talks about how his favorite player is CeeDee Lamb and more when it comes to OU. I also was around Farooq during Caleb Williams -- who is a very, very close friend of Farooq's -- commitment party. We didn't discuss his recruitment much, being that it was about Caleb that night, but when we did you got a very good feel for where the Sooners stood with Farooq. That standing has only grown since his close friend, and five-star QB committed to OU.

So, when will Farooq announce? That date has changed quite a bit, but it's gone from mid-July to late-July, to August and now I am hearing September for his mother's bday. Farooq tells me, "I want to make it special, so my mom's bday would be a special day to announce."

Still, even with the date of the announcement up the air, I get the feeling from sources around Norman, and Farooq, that the Sooners will be very, very hard to beat going forward. Why I have a crystal ball in for the Sooners and at a high confidence level, as we sit here today.

Lastly, five-star WR Emeka Egbuka is a target that talks with OU a lot and is tight with OU commit Mario Williams and Sooners five-star QB target Caleb Williams. He discussed his relationship with five-star QB Caleb Williams when talking with our national recruiting analyst Brandon Huffman, saying, "They're on a roll recruiting and I love the coaching staff, coach (Dennis) Simmons, coach (Lincoln) Riley. They do a great job developing receivers and they're on a roll. It will be big for them if they could get Caleb Williams, having someone like him would be a game-changer. I love coach Riley, he's a great guy and he's very genuine."

I also spoke to some other sources up in the Pacific Northwest. Here are some of their thoughts, that somewhat change week-by-week...

Ohio State is the leader, according to a few sources, but OU has made quite a move in the last few weeks -- especially with CW on board -- with the Sooners making the top four when no one thought they would. A source that is well-connected and close to Egbuka's recruitment says Ohio State is the leader, but the source also tells me, "The Buckeyes will be very tough to beat once his dad finally gets to campus," the source noted. "OU is gaining fast, though. I don't know that it will be enough to ever jump the Buckeyes, but no one thought OU would be in the top four, either..."

"With OU landing Williams, it has really opened things up a bit and allowed Caleb and Mario Williams to put on their recruiting hats. They have built a very good and solid relationship with Egbuka. They have also been able to piggyback off the work Dennis Simmons and Lincoln Riley did before the momentum was built in the Sooners favor. Simmons was relentless showing up as much as he was allowed during the evaluation period. Add that Oklahoma took the spot most thought Oregon was going to be in, though I still think the Ducks are quietly lurking, and people very close Egbuka say it's Ohio State and OU at one and two for Emeka right now. Some even think OU is even with the Buckeyes and may have jumped them, but I am not there on that belief just yet."

The source continued, "Washington is always going to be there and could win out if no official visit ever gets made to any other school. They are a steady team and also the one team that his dad has seen in-person. Clemson seems to have fallen off a lot, but Egbuka getting his dad to campus there could help a lot, much like the other schools, too."

Buckeyes seemed locked in at the top spot for the five-star WR right now, but that looks to not be as cut and dry as it once was. Because of that, you gotta give Dennis Simmons credit for making OU a player here.

Mario Williams committed to OU. There are only two spots left at WR with him and Cody Jackson committed to OU. If Farooq hops on board, as I believe will happen, the Sooners will be in Egbuka or bust mode. If OU is unable to pull off Egbuka, they will move the number to the 2022 class where they feel they are in a GREAT position for several of the top 10 to 15 WR in the nation.

OL: Cullen Montgomery, Bryce Foster and toss-up for final two spots.

Cullen Montgomery, Bryce Foster and now it sounds like two more takes is the plan for the Sooners at offensive line. A name that I have heard a lot with offensive line is Noah Pulealii. The California OL continues to talk about OU a lot and is having to reschedule his official that was set in June. The Sooners also made his top schools list that was put out of the last few weeks.

(Photo: Bryce Foster Twitter, 247Sports)
There is a lot of movement with Duncanville (TX) four-star OL Savion Byrd. Some might even say that OU has taken the lead with Byrd after he began reaching out to the Sooners and making it known his interest in Oklahoma has really piqued over the last month or so. One source tells me that Byrd and the Sooners spoke over three times this past week and have kept in constant contact recently. That is something that matters with Byrd because he can be quite difficult to get ahold of, according to a few soruces.

Also, with Caleb Williams on board, the Sooners have used the fact he could be blocking for the elite QB. Add that there are a few people close to him that would like him in Norman as it is, and the Sooners seem to have a lot going for them. If the Sooners can beat out SMU I think Oklahoma and Bill Bedenbaugh can be the pick for the DFW four-star OL. He is another I am watching over the next month or so, though some don't think he is close to deciding.

Lastly, with Caleb Williams in the #LincUp21 class, I have said OU gets one or two shocking players. I think if there is going to be a surprising big-name target choosing OU, it will be at OL, WR, LB, or DB.

In this case, I will go with OL and choose five-star OL Tristan Leigh. I am not as confident as I once was, BUT... People around Caleb Williams camp continue to be confident in OU chances with Caleb choosing the Sooners a few weeks ago. Some think LSU may lead as it is right now. Williams and Leigh have been talking a lot, and I am told OU speaks with Tristan and his mother almost daily. Add the solid virtual visit, and it gives some background for my pick.

That said, there is some time to go with Leigh looking to announce his top-5 soon. A solid source tells me that OU and LSU are assuredly going to be on that list. I think so, as well, but until the quiet 5-star OL announces his list there is always a bit of question. Especially, since he was supposed to announce a top-6 instead, but changed it Thursday night.

Sooners commitment Cullen Montgomery talked to me recently about a group chat that has several stars in it, including Tristan Leigh. This chat is one that has had Sooners fans chomping at the bit for this summer and now it seems to be coming to fruition with Caleb Williams and Latrell McCutchin committing. Leigh seems to have a solid relationship with a bunch of the top Sooners targets and commits. It can never hurt if you're OU.

Also, over the last few weeks, Oklahoma had Leigh, Foster, and Byrd on a ZOOM meeting with Sooners OL coach Bill Bedenbaugh, OU offensive line commitment Cullen Montgomery and OU All-American Creed Humphrey. Stuff that like that has people giving the Sooners more of a chance than first thought. I am told Leigh reaches out and facetime Lincoln Riley and OU quite often. One source said there has been several weeks that Leigh "calls OU two or three times a week."

After all of that, I still think OU is right up there with LSU and the sources in the DMV and Norman all feel like OU is making progress for the elite OL.

Four-star OL Bryce Foster seems to have OU in the lead with A&M always there because he is a legacy. Foster has visited the Sooners a bunch of times and his last unofficial visit before the shutdown was Oklahoma. Foster really liked that visit because it was the first time he got to see a college track team practice and train on a visit. He says that it still stands out to him. Oklahoma has been in constant contact with Foster and he really has a strong relationship with the Sooners staff and track staff, too. In my opinion, if he was to pick today it would be the Sooners, but Oklahoma has a ton of work to do if they want to hold off the family university in Texas A&M. He also says that he wants to wait until his birthday in December to announce his decision, but I don't know how set in stone he is with that. Something to watch and something I will look into a bit.

DL/DE: Ethan Downs, Kelvin Gilliam/Marcus Burris, Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge, Isaiah Coe (J.T. Tuimoloau is a take all day for Sooners... more below)

(Photo: Jeremy Werner, 247Sports)

Right after I wrote this piece a few weeks ago, the Sooners got a commitment from one of the top JUCO players in the nation with defensive lineman Isaiah Coe committing to the Sooners. I am unsure how this plays out in the end, but right now Coe is in the Sooners 2021 class. I still think it will be hard to turn away David Abiara (more later on him), Kelvin Gilliam, and Marcus Burris. Just have to see how all of this plays out as the Sooners work to fill out their LincUp21 class. Needless to say, it's a great spot to be in to have that many elite targets to POTENTIALLY choose from at a position like the defensive line. Not long ago that was a position that OU struggled to recruit. The last 3-4 classes have been pretty good, though. If OU takes David Abiara (who I see less likely by the day), Burris, or Gilliam it would be two of three, in my opinion. Especially with it looking like Coe is a take right now in the LincUp21 class. How OU handles that is going to be huge, in my opinion.

With the Sooners landing a highly rated Texarkana (TX) edge rusher in four-star OLB Clayton Smith. Four-star DL Marcus Burris could be soon to follow his friend to OU. We have talked about it at length, and no matter who I talk to about Burris, it always seems to lead to Norman. We have thought that Burris was going to announce soon, but he hasn't yet and his timeline is something I am working on nailing down. It could be by August 1st or it could be by the beginning of the season. That is just a guess, though, off of what the quiet DL has previously stated to the media and me. I like where OU stands, and I have put in a crystal ball for him. So has several other 247sports experts/analysts, but watch out for A&M as there has been some strong chatter about the Aggies with Burris as of late.

Abiara and OU seem to be a thing still, but he has also gotten a Texas offer and had a big virtual Zoom meeting with the Longhorns staff recently. Oklahoma still seems to be in a good spot and still hoping to make moves over the Irish, who Abiara is still committed to right now. So, when do we think anything will happen with Abiara? We still don't know. It's in Abiara's hands. Right now, I hear one thing one day and something different on another. I tend to think the staff may be looking to move on a bit with them feeling confident about Burris and Gilliam.

Four-star DL Kelvin Gilliam is a guy I talked to very recently (vlog dropping tonight), and the last few times we have spoken he was very, very high on the Sooners. He also is very open about his relationship with OU five-star QB commit Caleb Williams. There is a lot of momentum with OU here with OU landing his friend Caleb Williams and being a major player, and believed leader, for teammate three-star DB Damond Harmon, so I like where they stand. I also have put a crystal ball in for the four-star DL. It does sound like OU, Penn State and South Carolina are pushing him the hardest. He is set to decide on August 22nd, according to what he told me and other reporters. I would guess that Penn State is the Sooners stiffest competition for Gilliam, but I cannot discount the Gamecocks as they have made a strong push, as of late.

Oklahoma could also get an official from five-star JT Tuimoloau. Tuimoloau took his virtual to OU and the Sooners hit a home run.

There was once a thought OU was a bit of a longshot for JT, but now it looks like OU is in the top three, for sure, and maybe top two. That jump has a lot to do with the surge in recruiting due to Caleb Williams commitment, Egbuka really liking OU and some other variables that have yet to play out yet (we touched on the moving rumors the other day). Regardless, Oklahoma being in the top 3 for a Pacific Northwest defensive lineman, and the top DL, is new territory and shows the continued growth on that side of the ball that Alex Grinch has helped create. Add the hiring of DE/OLB coach Jamar Cain, who has strong connections up that way, and you have a very good recruiting staff on the defensive side of the ball in Norman.

Lastly, all of the DL can be inside/outside guys in Grinch's system what he wants in DL/DE types. I am told that Downs, Abiara, Gilliam, and Burris are inside/five-tech/4-I defensive lineman in Grinch's system. Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge is the lone DE for the Sooners right now. He committed to OU and will look to play football and basketball when he arrives in Norman.

Almost everyone I talk with seems to feel like NRK is a star in the making with a very, very high ceiling. The four-star DE has only played one year of football in high school, and in that year he showed how raw, but yet how talented he was as an edge rusher. You have to credit Sooners DE/OLB coach Jamar Cain and his recruiting acumen here. Cain has also already landed top 100 and four-star OLB Clayton Smith, so Cain has been huge for the Sooners in just a few short months on the recruiting trail.

Sooners four-star and top 100 DE/DL Ethan Downs is locked into the Sooners. He has been working hard and even looked really good, though he had some rust, at an OL/DL showcase camp in the DFW area a few weeks ago. Downs is 6-4 242 right now and has the frame to hold 275 pretty easily. Downs has a great burst off the line but also needs to play in a defensive system that will accentuate that skillset. Currently, he plays so many positions for Weatherford that he sometimes doesn't get to show what can be off the edge. That could change this year. Downs was a huge get in the 2021 class and great for Oklahoma to keep top OKPreps stars instate.

OLB/ILB: Danny Stutsman, Kendal Daniels (ATH/OLB/DB), Clayton Smith (OLB), Prince Kollie (LB)

Clayton Smith
(Photo: 247Sports)
Sooners got Stutsman to commit. He looks to be headed to four-star territory soon. Also, little known fact, Stutsman's father played on the same team as current Sooners TE Austin Stogner's father in college. I am told they were Baylor Bears together, and both were really good players. I just found that fact pretty interesting. Can confirm that the Stogner's played a role in OU getting Stutsman. Players and their families are the program's best recruiters. I will believe that till proven otherwise.

Four-star OLB Clayton Smith has been vocally recruiting for OU since he committed a few weeks ago. Smith is pushing for fellow big-time Texarkana (TX), DL Marcus Burris. Nothing has happened just yet, but OU is in a good spot for Burris.

Four-star Kendal Daniels is a guy I think grows into an OLB/Edge rusher, BUT he is a guy that OU will recruit as a "rover" type to start and let him figure things out. That figuring out will be him likely playing safety to start and then, potentially, moving to the LB spots/nickel/rover once he adds weight, etch. He could also grow into a stellar ILB. He is also so athletic that he can be an Isaiah Simmons type of guy for OU. I spoke with Daniels and his mother Carmelita recently. They were very complimentary in the Sooners staff, and I came away thinking OU was the leader with Texas A&M and Clemson really the other players, along with LSU (also in his top 4). Sooners LB coach Brian Odom has been very active in recruiting Daniels, and the location of Beggs seems to be working in the Sooners favor. However, Daniels is slated to make a decision on August first, so the real question is if Daniels is okay playing a rover type that floats everywhere and plays a lot of LB if he adds the weight needed to that? Much like OU, Clemson is recruiting Daniels to do the same thing, I am told, but they are playing it off as more of a nickel/safety than the OLB spot Isaiah Simmons was listed at during his time at Clemson when he played for the Tigers.

Texas A&M likes him at safety and Daniels seems to feel comfortable there. Their staff has done a GREAT job recruiting Daniels and if things turn on OU, I could see Daniels playing in College Station. It's that close, in my opinion.

Still, I like OU here and have a CB in for Oklahoma, but I am not 100% sold on it like I once was. He is another that has gotten close to Caleb Williams, so the five-stars relationship with Daniels could play a role in the end, but how much is the question? We will soon find out.

So, why is my confidence fading on in-state four-star LB Collin Oliver ever getting a look -- even way down the line? Well, the Sooners are still in it with four-star LB Prince Kollie. He took his virtual visit to OU in the last month or so, and both came away amazed at how specific and personal the visits were. That virtual, and the Sooners making his dwindled down top schools list, makes Kollie a shockingly realistic, according to his coaches. We had a full update HERE on Kollie a few weeks ago. After talking to his coaching staff, I came away pretty amazed at how real the Sooners were in Kollie's recruitment. I said OU would get a few surprise players, and LB was one of those positions I predicted that potentially happening at, so with that, I picked Kollie as part of the LincUp21 class. I am not at all confident in that pick, but OU will get a few least expected guys. Kollie could be one of them and he could be the guy OU gets for 2021 that joins fast-rising Danny Stutsman at ILB and four-star OLB Clayton Smith.

DB: Jordan Mukes, Latrell McCutchin, Damond Harmon, Daymon David , Caleb Johnson

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Is this guy basically middleclass man's Overshown?

Yes. 100%. He's more slender/slight in frame, but yes. Super similar. 

He's a really good player with excellent instincts and a good ability to cover a lot of ground. It's hard to get a read for how good he could be because he's so much better than his level of competition. 

Much like Overshown, he seems VERY unwilling to be an OLB and wants to be a S. It appears that aggy will let him (surprise) and that Clemson is entertaining it and that OU has been recruiting him as a "Rover" but his primary recruiter is Brian Odom (OU LB coach) which has been pointed out by other schools and well... that may have been a miscalculation. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Yes. 100%. He's more slender/slight in frame, but yes. Super similar. 

He's a really good player with excellent instincts and a good ability to cover a lot of ground. It's hard to get a read for how good he could be because he's so much better than his level of competition. 

Much like Overshown, he seems VERY unwilling to be an OLB and wants to be a S. It appears that aggy will let him (surprise) and that Clemson is entertaining it and that OU has been recruiting him as a "Rover" but his primary recruiter is Brian Odom (OU LB coach) which has been pointed out by other schools and well... that may have been a miscalculation. 

Losing the best defensive prospect in the state has become a tradition for Oklahoma (2018, 2019, 2020).

For Daniels, the strange thing would be losing him to A&M. He has apparently committable offers to national powers with good defensive histories. Of course OU wants him, but the saving grace for the Sooners would be that Mukes basically has the same physical profile.

• Like 1

Just now, Fud said:

Drumm is waiving the white flag on Daniels. Seems like OU and Clemson like Daniels at linebacker, while A&M is telling him he can play safety 

Yep. 4 years in a row that the top defensive player heads OOS. Kind of interesting development for a team trying to build a defense. 

9 hours ago, golfclap said:

It's the 4th year in a row, I think... 

Daniels. Slusher. Hill. Proctor. 

All true. The situation was different with Slusher. OU apparently never offered (OU's 2020 DB class was really good early on, had decommittments, but still turned out OK especially at S).

Daniels appears to be simply suffering from confirmation bias that A&M is supporting. Historically, OU has sometimes been able to circle back successfully in these situations, and they should try to here because because they don't have many great LB options in this class. This is coming on the heels of 2020 when they only took 2 LBs and 2019 when they only took 1 (who already transferred).

Do you guys know if LSU was looking at Daniels as a big nickel/rover/LB or as a more classic safety?

Edited by quigley

Drumm with some Looch/Hamm::

You seem to be all star ratings and not film. Clemson won their first Natty without a top 10 class. Averaged around 15. 

Watch film. I repeated to you all what SEC area folks think. Also, see who has offered him early on. He has an injury that kept him from getting seen. 

Literally, to a man, SEC area sources seem to think he is star that just needs to be seen.

If You Say So Ok GIF by Bounce

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Drumm with some Looch/Hamm::

You seem to be all star ratings and not film. Clemson won their first Natty without a top 10 class. Averaged around 15. 

Watch film. I repeated to you all what SEC area folks think. Also, see who has offered him early on. He has an injury that kept him from getting seen. 

Literally, to a man, SEC area sources seem to think he is star that just needs to be seen.

If You Say So Ok GIF by Bounce

It's not that difficult to fact check shit before you post, Drumm you tard 

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Best offer is New Mexico, but based on Roach and the aggy guys he's looked good at camps

Looks a little soft on tape, not anything in the game package that shows him doing linebacker things. It's basically plays when he's unblocked, minus a few when he scrapes over very small guards. He has verified track times but a 23.89 200m and 18" 3.5' long jump ain't doing it for me. 

3 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Kelvin Gilliam just got Fonged to Penn State with a confidence level of 7

Oh fuck. Time to go hit the Drumm hate fest ...  isn't Gilliam teammates with Damond Harmon? Oof. 

Edited by golfclap

Anon5368610 ::

Gilliam acknowledges the crystal ball in his instagram story

whitewolf7 ::

Probably didn't want to play safety

soonersonly ::

Lead insider on TOS just put in a prediction for him to OU. Very strange for the two top insiders to be in disagreement like this on the same day.

Blankstun ::

Kinda doubtful that he has a solid source at this point to put in a CB. Everyone besides him says OU at this point in time. I’m gonna go with everyone else until they start switching to PSU

DLB4ever (he's their ALC) ::

Yup Williams is killing it on the recruiting trail. Uh, honest question on our BOMB July? Who has He brought? Ship is going down faster than Jenna Jamison

Fong ::

Highland Springs (Va.) High Top247 2021 defensive tackle Kelvin Gilliam will make his college decision on Aug. 22.

Talking to various people with knowledge of the recruitment, I like Penn State's position as things stand now. The Nittany Lions offered back in May of 2019 and had a great visit with him and his family in January. The relationship with James Franklin, John Scott and JaJuan Seider is strong.

Gilliam dropped a recent top 10 that included Penn State alongside Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Virginia Tech, LSU, South Carolina, Cal, Minnesota and Kentucky.

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Gilliam is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 7 weak-side defensive end and No. 104 prospect overall.

Penn State currently has the nation's No. 25 recruiting class. Gilliam is a top remaining target regardless of position.

7 minutes ago, Atlfan714 said:

Could you imagine if we lost two instate legacies?? Phew

Oh, you have no concern there. No one that makes it out of that shithole, goes back to raise their kids in a trailer park. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oh, you have no concern there. No one that makes it out of that shithole, goes back to raise their kids in a trailer park. 

Imagine having all the built in advantages in the world... and be Texas football the last 10 years. It sounds like the Brockermeyers share the same sentiment. 

• Fuck You 24

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

Looks like OU has offered a realistic Daniels replacement (not Kollie) from GA. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevin-Wallace-46101045/

I don't know why they aren't interested in Collin Oliver (Ok St commit) from OKC suburb.

https://247sports.com/Player/Collin-Oliver-46084719/

Alternatively, I'd be scouting middling teams that play good defense (Cal, eg) for options.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, quigley said:

I don't know why they aren't interested in Collin Oliver (Ok St commit) from OKC suburb.

https://247sports.com/Player/Collin-Oliver-46084719/

Alternatively, I'd be scouting middling teams that play good defense (Cal, eg) for options.

You might know better than I do but it seems like  a lot of kids from Santa Fe end up at OSU. Maybe the coaching staff has a bias? (Like North Shore/LSU). 

I agree that Oliver seems like a really good player . We’ve all talked about it here but I love to see a Utah eval and offer on any defender (or RB, honestly) 

21 minutes ago, quigley said:

Sooners need to get Gilliam or Burris. Both would be OK, neither isn't a good option.

I’ve been surprised that OU hasn’t offered Ike Iwunnah (he’s teammates with Camar Wheaton and Oyetade). I hope everyone keeps ignoring him and he ends up at Texas. HUGE upside with an incredible frame, imo. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ikechukwu-Iwunnah-46078805/

I don’t know where OU would go if they missed both, but would assume Iwunnah would be very high on the next round of targets. Coe has become an important piece to the class, honestly. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I’ve been surprised that OU hasn’t offered Ike Iwunnah (he’s teammates with Camar Wheaton and Oyetade). I hope everyone keeps ignoring him and he ends up at Texas. HUGE upside with an incredible frame, imo. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ikechukwu-Iwunnah-46078805/

I don’t know where OU would go if they missed both, but would assume Iwunnah would be very high on the next round of targets. Coe has become an important piece to the class, honestly. 

Yeah, good call on tracking Utah also.

I think there will be a lot of variance in this class because of lack of spring football, camps, and of course actual fall high school football. These are the places you get to see if Iwunnah is good enough that you-wunnah offer. (sorry)

He looks like a tremendous athlete.

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

You mean like when Thompson signed with Texas?

Yea it’s almost like OU signed a better qb that class AND had Kyler Murray. Let me know when you sign someone better than Tommy Brockermeyer. 

You really thought you did something bringing up a quarterback recruit with ou didn’t you haha?

• Fuck You 21

9 minutes ago, Atlfan714 said:

Yea it’s almost like OU signed a better qb that class AND had Kyler Murray. Let me know when you sign someone better than Tommy Brockermeyer. 

You really thought you did something bringing up a quarterback recruit with ou didn’t you haha?

I predict your time here will be brief.   

1 hour ago, Atlfan714 said:

You said nothing about the quality of the recruit. You said in state legacies. Now you are moving the goalposts. Besides we signed Thompson after flipping your preferred QB commit at the time. You got left with Mordecai.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You said nothing about the quality of the recruit. You said in state legacies. Now you are moving the goalposts. Besides we signed Thompson after flipping your preferred QB commit at the time. You got left with Mordecai.

I mean I guess youre right. We could technically offer every male offspring regardless of talent if we want. Yes once again are you trying to make yourself look foolish by trying to make a point about Oklahoma qbs?

• Fuck You 13

2 minutes ago, Atlfan714 said:

I mean I guess youre right. We could technically offer every male offspring regardless of talent if we want. Yes once again are you trying to make yourself look foolish by trying to make a point about Oklahoma qbs?

The fuck are you crowing about? Did said Texas legacy choose chokelahoma? Riding on Bama's coattails is aggy's gig, not yours. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Atlfan714 said:

Your point was we missed on a legacy. The counterpoint was that so have y’all, and to us no less. Fin.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The fuck are you crowing about? Did said Texas legacy choose chokelahoma? Riding on Bama's coattails is aggy's gig, not yours. 

Find me a post where I mentioned Bama Einstein. But hey congrats on Casey Thompson. That’s working out swimmingly. He definitely would’ve started at ou these past 2 years. 

• Fuck You 14