MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

18 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

first impression is at least the rookie and 2nd year ladies choices are reasonably good looking on the eyes for the most part.

that being said, not sure how many of them could last more than 2-3 episodes (other than Lolo & Kaycee). 

At this point I think Nicole is only playing so she can find a date. 

I know this is an unpopular opinion but........................I like Nicole.  Here voice cracks me up, she's kind of a badass as comps, and she'll probably convert a straight girl for a night or two this season.  Sounds like a solid all around Challenger to me.   

• Hook 'Em 1

absolutely stunned none of the champion guys picked Lolo,  I did laugh at CT giving Kam the shoulder, and as usual she gets pissed at the slight.... biiiitch you aint won shit...  you made 1 final and didnt win.  

Smashley wasnt a horrible pick for him, but damn, I think he and Lolo would have only been taken down by a puzzle challenge

also, please don't let this season even approach being as woke as this last season of BB was. just stick the format that has already worked for so long. i tune in to The Challenge to watch Z list celebrities (and Lolo Jones) compete, drink, talk shit, cry, fight, back stab, and so on, not to have talks about the struggles of minority women in this country. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Good first episode and the format seems interesting. A couple of interesting rookies like Lola and Natalie. The vet lineup is fairly solid.  I hope this doesn't turn into the Kam Show because she annoys the shit out of me. 

I agree... but there is zero chance they dont keep putting a hella annoying screaming female front and center as long as shes still playing... see Hurricane Camilla for more proof.

This feels like the strongest format the Challenge has run since Free Agents or Cutthroat. Normally not a fan of pair seasons, but the twist is good, and learning from their mistakes of unlimited skulls to run the final is good. There's a great incentive to win the weekly not just to give yourself a chance to go get a skull, but ditch shitty partners.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Will be interesting to see what they do with the extra guy next week. 

I guess for one week, CT will be flying solo.  Next week will be the guy's elimination, so that will work itself out.  But I'm still confused by how they will do the Challenge.  Will there be male and female winner and the two winners will decide who goes in to the elimination?  That would make sense to me.  If say Fessy and Lolo are the two winners and Lolo wanted to dump her partner (which she shouldn't), then maybe she could throw him in the elimination.  The only problem with that is, what is the point of partners if they aren't competing together?  So in other words, I have no idea.  Damn, when I started that, I thought I was on to something.  

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

2 oldie but goodie Challenge seasons dropped on Netflix today, Inferno II and the Duel. The production value is primitive in comparison to today but the cast is stacked with legends. 

Lol saw that today.  Funny to see how much it has changed and not changed.  Watched Inferno 2 for few mins and human wheelbarrow race on beach was the first. And they have instructors talkin shit to them and saying “get off my beach you’re eliminated”. More of a boot camp. Young ass CT, Derek, Derrick, Miz. Forgot about Brad and Landon. 

Voting people into elimination was easy. Each side just picked someone from each team and that was it. BUT there is a challenge before the elimination where you can win the LIFE SHIELD to get out of the elimination. 

Love that they offered gifts at each challenge like a Dell MP3 player. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Haha, Kyle busting up Fessy was the highlight. 

Almost as good as Josh’s face when he got infiltrated and whined. Literally laughed my ass off.  And looks like he tries to start a fight again next week(s).  What an idiot. 

Kam is overrated in a cold environment where water is going to be involved.   

Glad there are limited skulls  it’s gona get weird later with strategies to get that skull. You have to time it right so it’s a male/female week when you wana go in, etc.  I’m sure there will be some twists in rules to allow more...or stealing a skull.

I thought that was a pretty good ep.  Glad to see Wes advance & Kyle beat down that rook.

Fessy bitched out and will continue to do so.  Couldn't believe the shit in that challenge though that all the teams just let Fessy/Aneesa win.

There is A LOT of people left to only have 8 gold skulls left to hand out.  Hopefully this turns up the drama, preview next week looked like Josh melts down again...lol

I think everyone is gonna start doing the skull math very quickly.  And I am guessing the Producers dont stop and go right to the final the moment 10 people have a skull. 

by my math assuming no one quits/ gets DQd, etc there will be no more than 20 people left when the 10th skull is given out, and I would guess that someone with a skull is gonna go in several times. 

that being said... the producers can really torch it up a notch with basically old-school backstabbing being encouraged where folks that have a skull really are blind sided and put into elimination.... they could keep that up for the last 7-10 eliminations... reminding me of the early season challenges when the stars got blindsided at the last minute. 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Is Darrell the last brotha to be worth a shit? We fucking certainly know it ain’t Leroy. 

Even though he’s kind of an idiot, hasn’t Nelson been to like 2 finals? 

And if Lolo wasn’t there I think Kam would be one the better female competitors at everything but swimming. But yeah, Kyle.  Gotta take the fucking Olympic athlete. Don’t over think it lol. 

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

They're staying away from Lolo because she's batshit insane and at some point will derail her own game. 

True, plus I think his thought process was pick the best female competitor who is well-connected politically in the house.  So I imagine it was down to Kam or Tori.  Kaycee would have probably been the perfect pick, but Kam isn't bad.  The problem is, since your partner is not in any danger if it's a guy's elimination week, I'm not sure how helpful that would be.  Hell, Big T was a factor in her and Joseph going in because she wanted to get rid of her partner and get a new one.  Nice trade up, by the way.  So I don't imagine that's going to be Kyle's last trip into the "whatever they call the elimination arena this season".  

The awesome solution to that would be to start with 10 envelopes that either say "Guy's Elimination" or "Girl's Elimination" inside it.  At the beginning of the first elimination, the team voted in randomly draws out an envelope and that's who is in danger that week.  I'm not sure if you would do it before the double agents make their choice or after.  Damn, that seems like a really good idea.  One of you assholes is going to come along and think of a snag that I'm not thinking about though.  At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm a fucking genius.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

The awesome solution to that would be to start with 10 envelopes that either say "Guy's Elimination" or "Girl's Elimination" inside it.  At the beginning of the first elimination, the team voted in randomly draws out an envelope and that's who is in danger that week.  I'm not sure if you would do it before the double agents make their choice or after.  Damn, that seems like a really good idea.  One of you assholes is going to come along and think of a snag that I'm not thinking about though.  At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm a fucking genius.  

1 minute ago, Angry Gorilla said:

That is a great idea. It would be much better if they didn’t know which gender was in the chopping block.

agreed, fantastic idea, no idea why the hell they didnt think of that before you.   i guess the only slight downside would be if somehow the gender was overpicked in the first 6 or 7 eps, meaning all remaning eps would be the other gender... but not that terrible I guess, since as it is now, the gender rotation is set. 

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Oooh. I hope so. And I hope they don’t tell them in advance.

one of those moments where TJ asks whoevers gender should go in that day.... and the double agent accepts to enter the challenge..... only to discover they just volunteered their partner into a challenge.... holy shit that would be epic

On 12/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Haha, Kyle busting up Fessy was the highlight. 

One of the recap sites put it in text. 

“Shut up,” said Kyle. “You always say that but you never come down. You knew it was physical, didn’t you? Come on. What’s here? There’s nothing at all here—of course it was fucking physical. It was gonna be a headbanger. You pussied out and you didn’t come down.”

So fucking good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Sonofjorel76 said:

Well... slavery

Damn, black people are still slaves. That’s crazy. All my black friends growing up were slaves. I should have demanded the ball more in high school. 

My point was I don’t understand how there are so many black people who are millennials that still can’t swim. Half of my old teammates couldn’t swim. From as young as I can remember having any memories, I’ve been able to swim. 

I was actually being sarcastic... but if you must know:

1. Access to pools, public & private are not as plentiful in urban communities.

2. Generational fears being passed down. I am 40, (and was a lifeguard) and I had a grandmother who was terrified of water. Her grandmother was a slave. She was told tales of drownings while escaping, as well as drowning via lynching.

You might not want to believe it, but It’s not some crazy coincidence

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, 4th&Five said:

They're staying away from Lolo because she's batshit insane and at some point will derail her own game. 

Saw her instagram post where she and Nicole (who pulled Laurel before..smh) are hanging out in PJs with their dogs around someone's xmas tree...lotta comments asking if more than friends etc.