Google assistance

Catpfish

Is there anyone on the Surl that can help with getting some information removed from a google search?  When this search is typed, a phone number comes up that is pulled from several websites that are no longer active.  I've tried to reach out to the web sites to get the information removed, but no response.  It's an issue because this number gets called by people who are almost always going through a period of extreme personal loss (death of a loved one) and all we can do is offer condolences and send them to another phone number/business.

This probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I can go into further detail in a DM.

no answer but i'm curious on this. goolge's algorithm pulls responses from websites. short of the website owners correcting the source info, google would have to code to omit those search results. i'm sure google gets 1000s of these requests probably per day. wondering what hoops and how many ounces of blood you'll have to give to get this done.

This?

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

Remove outdated content tool
Remove snippets and cached content for pages that you don't own
Use this tool to have Google update search results for pages that no longer exist, or have significant changes on them (removal of specific content).

If your request is approved:

Google will remove the snippet and cached copy from Search results.
If the page is no longer available, it will no longer appear in Search results.
If the page is still available but changed, it will remove the snippet and cached copy from Search results, but both will be refreshed the next time Google's crawler visits the page. Until that time, the page can still appear in Search results.

• Hook 'Em 2

This?

Remove outdated content tool
Remove snippets and cached content for pages that you don't own
Use this tool to have Google update search results for pages that no longer exist, or have significant changes on them (removal of specific content).
If your request is approved:
Google will remove the snippet and cached copy from Search results.
If the page is no longer available, it will no longer appear in Search results.
If the page is still available but changed, it will remove the snippet and cached copy from Search results, but both will be refreshed the next time Google's crawler visits the page. Until that time, the page can still appear in Search results.
I've tried to fill out the form showing the search results page, but they allow that input. It comes up in the Google search results without linking to any other pages. I'm guessing it's pulling from the old pages but not linking them, so I can't give them specific pages to pull it from...if that makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

I've tried to fill out the form showing the search results page, but they allow that input. It comes up in the Google search results without linking to any other pages. I'm guessing it's pulling from the old pages but not linking them, so I can't give them specific pages to pull it from...if that makes sense.

the link above is for that too

there's a page that google cached that had the info, grab the url from the page the search result points to and enter it at link above

Yeah, I've tried that page.  I have tried copy and pasting the URL from when you get the initial google search results (where the cemetery is the first listed) and then I have tried the URL from clicking on the cemetery link.  Both times, that removal page comes back and says that it isn't a correct URL.    Since there isn't a page that it links to, I'm not sure what they are looking for.  The google search links to a google review page.

Of course, there is a higher probability that I don't know what I'm doing than Texas missing a tackle on Saturday (is such a thing even possible?), so there is that.

Edited by Catpfish