#9 CINCY @ #16 SMU, 8pm ESPN2

Beau Vine

horrible game all around by SMU pretty much all around the D might be the only spot of light (not super bright)

Shane looks off, receivers dropping balls left and right, missed field goals, the fuck up to end the half, poor play calling, poor coach decision making

it was like they walked into this game expecting to get hammered and had no clue what to do when their D stepped up and popped some turnover bottles and they did jack shit with that

I can't remember if there were untimely penalties, but I think there were

and really on that last drive they should have kicked a field goal because fuck then they could win the damn game with two TDs and PATs

you pussed out and kicked it to get down by 15 why not go down by 12 and then fucking 14 gets you a win......it was like Sonny borrowed tom's tablet with fucked up decision making on it for this game

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

horrible game all around by SMU pretty much all around the D might be the only spot of light (not super bright)

Shane looks off, receivers dropping balls left and right, missed field goals, the fuck up to end the half, poor play calling, poor coach decision making

it was like they walked into this game expecting to get hammered and had no clue what to do when their D stepped up and popped some turnover bottles and they did jack shit with that

I can't remember if there were untimely penalties, but I think there were

and really on that last drive they should have kicked a field goal because fuck then they could win the damn game with two TDs and PATs

you pussed out and kicked it to get down by 15 why not go down by 12 and then fucking 14 gets you a win......it was like Sonny borrowed tom's tablet with fucked up decision making on it for this game

Um. Okay. Game isn't over yet. 

What the hell are they reviewing?

Just now, ztejas said:

Um. Okay. Game isn't over yet. 

What the hell are they reviewing?

hey I would love to see SMU win as much as anyone, but this is still a horrible game

just like the win by Texas over Baylor earlier today was a pretty horrible game

sure winning matters the most, but that does not mean there can not be ugly wins or horrible games where you find a way to win

what the fuck this year I have seen more completed plays that suddenly "did not happen" because of phantom reviews that seemed to be buzzed to the field after the prior play

and now they are just admitting they fucked up because the play actually was a play

holly shit Shane B. almost made the catch of the year right there

That one hurt.

Too many dropped balls. Also, not to be "that guy" but it bears mentioning that this was our 6th game and Cincy's 4th, and in our 4th game we lost our best WR (by far) and starting RB entering the year. But obviously this season was going to be fucky when it came to stuff like that.

Really we just aren't deep or talented enough yet to get away with a lackadaisical performance against a really good team like that. We still played hard and had our chances. Should still control our own destiny for the AAC title game.

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

SMU's defense decided to quit in the 4th quarter. That's embarrassing 

Um, what? What fucking game were you watching? 

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

SMU misses their NFL caliber receivers. They have none this year on their roster and it shows

Well we HAD one and he tore his ACL. And Rashee Rice may get a look in a couple years if he keeps it up - but he's obviously not there yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Um, what? What fucking game were you watching? 

Well we HAD one and he tore his ACL. And Rashee Rice may get a look in a couple years if he keeps it up - but he's obviously not there yet.

After the first 2 Cinci drives, SMU's defense settled in and did fairly well for the next 3 quarters. 

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

After the first 2 Cinci drives, SMU's defense settled in and did fairly well for the next 3 quarters. 

We had 3 straight stops in the 4th quarter to give our O multiple chances at making a comeback. If you're going to blame the D for Cincy running up the score on some broken rushes then okay, but I'm guessing they are absolutely gassed. This isn't Clemson - we barely have 15 guys that can play to a competent level.