Citizens are orders of magnitude more criminal than undocumented immigrants

Rimbo

According to a new and vast University of Wisconsin study

Crime rates among undocumented immigrants are just a fraction of those of their U.S.-born neighbors, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis of Texas arrest and conviction records.

Compared to undocumented immigrants, U.S. citizens were twice as likely to be arrested for violent felonies in Texas from 2012 to 2018, two-and-a-half times more likely to be arrested for felony drug crimes, and over four times more likely to be arrested for felony property crimes, according to a study published by University of Wisconsin–Madison researchers today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Other than the fact that 100% of undocumented immigrants (assuming that’s a polite way of saying illegal) broke the law in how they entered, or continue to stay in, the country. 

That said, I do believe that legal immigration should be easy enough that nobody other than violent criminals feel compelled to come here illegally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Other than the fact that 100% of undocumented immigrants (assuming that’s a polite way of saying illegal) broke the law in how they entered, or continue to stay in, the country. 

That said, I do believe that legal immigration should be easy enough that nobody other than violent criminals feel compelled to come here illegally. 

Your first point is off by whatever percentage of these folks were here prior to 1986.. And our government’s culpability for violating international law covering treatment of asylum seekers needs to be part of the discussion.

I do agree with your second point.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Your first point is off by whatever percentage of these folks were here prior to 1986.. And our government’s culpability for violating international law covering treatment of asylum seekers needs to be part of the discussion.

I do agree with your second point.

And it’s not just the treatment of the asylum seekers, it’s the involvement that invariably led to the creation of same.

Ă—
Ă—