Bucs @ Packers: NFC Championship Game

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Wade said:

The coaches thinking was that they needed 8 and even if the get the TD there and fail the conversion, they still need a score anyway.  Terrible logic.

• Kick the FG and you still need a TD to win.
  • Go for it and fail and you have four time outs and TB inside their own ten.
  • Go for it and get the TD and conversion, game is tied.
  • Go for it, get the TD and fail the conversion, you still need  a score to win, but it's a FG, something that can be feasibly accomplished with 30 seconds on the clock

This all day.  Kicking the FG is one of all time worse calls ever.  Green Bay deserved to lose after that bone head call.

• Hook 'Em 3

But the strange thing to me is that if I’m Rodgers and I am confident I have 4 downs, I’m gonna try to get closer to the goal line with a run mixed in there at some point.  Say I am at the 3 or 4 yardline after 2nd down.  Opens playbook to a run or pass. The way Rodgers threw the ball into the end zone instead of running makes me think maybe he knew he only had 3 downs.  What did Rodgers say when asked if he knew he only had 3 downs?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Horn80 said:

This all day.  Kicking the FG is one of all time worse calls ever.  Green Bay deserved to lose after that bone head call.

Yep. When will coaches learn playing pussy ball like this is not a winning formula? If there was a lot more time left, then sure. Take the points and keep playing. But to take the ball out of Rodgers hands and asks their defense to make a stop. And still needing a TD to win. And now, you will have no timeouts left at all and will be much further out. 

The same with Buffalo last night with settling for FGs all night. Or Tomlin a few weeks ago deciding to punt instead of going for it down 12 and at midfield. You play scared, it will bite you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. When will coaches learn playing pussy ball like this is not a winning formula? If there was a lot more time left, then sure. Take the points and keep playing. But to take the ball out of Rodgers hands and asks their defense to make a stop. And still needing a TD to win. And now, you will have no timeouts left at all and will be much further out. 

The same with Buffalo last night with settling for FGs all night. Or Tomlin a few weeks ago deciding to punt instead of going for it down 12 and at midfield. You play scared, it will bite you.

LaFleur just hung a dead fish around his neck that will stink for a long time.  He should be called Reek from now on.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

But the strange thing to me is that if I’m Rodgers and I am confident I have 4 downs, I’m gonna try to get closer to the goal line with a run mixed in there at some point.  Say I am at the 3 or 4 yardline after 2nd down.  Opens playbook to a run or pass. The way Rodgers threw the ball into the end zone instead of running makes me think maybe he knew he only had 3 downs.  What did Rodgers say when asked if he knew he only had 3 downs?

You have obviously never had Aaron Jones on your fantasy team. 

• Rage+1 1