Bucs @ Packers: NFC Championship Game

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

He chokes over and over in these games. He had it all in front of him all 4th qtr. Brady and the offense turned into a disaster. The last 3 drives netted them 3 points total. Tampa scored 6pts since going up 18 and Rodgers had it on a silver platter to take the lead. Couldn't. 

Even Brady going full Jameis and Rodgers still fucked it up. Fuck him and his whiny ass Cal bs, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm running every scenario through my head and I still can't figure out under what zero-chance hypothetical kicking the FG there makes sense. 

Pretty simple: at that point, they had absolutely no fear of Brady. They figured they'd force a 3 and out, get the ball back, and win it in regulation. If King could have kept his hands to himself, it may have turned out to be smart.

Not saying I agree with the decision (I don't), but their thought process was pretty clear.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, that's beyond absurd. Glad this Brady or Belichick nonsense is over, too. 

What nonsense?  They are both the best of all time at their respective jobs.  The Patriots leveraged their future to go win 3 Super Bowls over the last 5 years and that is the price you pay in the NFL with a salary cap.  Tom went to a team that was pretty stacked with talent so of course they were good.  I think Tampa got lucky that Brees had his lung knocked out because he couldn’t throw the ball last week.

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

lulz at that late flag

21 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

The correct call, but it's bullshit that the NFL refs turn into the NBA in the playoffs.  Obviously the NFL expects Brady to get better SB ratings.

Never forgot that Jerry Jones, when head of the rules committee, admitted that bad calls are better for TV ratings.  

Enough time lapsed for the refs to check their instagram.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

What nonsense?  They are both the best of all time at their respective jobs.  The Patriots leveraged their future to go win 3 Super Bowls over the last 5 years and that is the price you pay in the NFL with a salary cap.  Tom went to a team that was pretty stacked with talent so of course they were good.  I think Tampa got lucky that Brees had his lung knocked out because he couldn’t throw the ball last week.

Just the whole does Brady need Belichick to win, and vice versa. They're both great, but Tom proved he can win without Bel. It's nice to see, especially when it's your team. I have no doubt coach B will be back sooner rather than later. And it proves Tom isn't just a system qb 

• Hook 'Em 4

Not a big fan of going for 2 until near the end of the game. Being down 8 might have contributed to the stupid fucking coach's decision to kick a field goal. Had Rogers failed on 4th. He probably figured what are the odds. Tampa would have had first down at their own 10. GB all their time outs.

Even at 8 down, he should have gone for it.

Fuck the defender for the obvious fucking hold (just like all those other motherfuckers were doing every damn play of the game.

Fuck the referees for "letting them play", a euphemism for just being chickenshit referees afraid to make a fucking call

Fuck Rogers for not running it in on third down on a wide open field

Fuck the coach for being a coward

In short, Fuck Green Bay

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Feel like the Celtics, Sox, and Patriots were all playing for titles around 07-08. Maybe not same calendar year.

Red Sox won the WS in October 2007, Pats played in the SB in February 2008, Celtics won the NBA Finals in June 2008.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

But remember, the real goat is Rodgers who appeared in a Super Bowl 10 years ago and is 1-4 in NFC title games lmao

He has no one to blame on this one, not even King. Best team he's ever had, best individual statistical season of his career, a coach he likes, arguably the best WR in football, home field, Brady playing like ass in the 2nd half with 3 picks...and his last 3 drives went:

3 and out

3 and out

Field goal after 1st and Goal

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The problem I have with this kind of stuff is it's factoring in every team but every team is completely different with their quarterbacks and personnel. With a quarterback the caliber of Rogers you definitely go for it because you have the guy that has a much better chance of making it than if Kirk Cousins, Gardner Minshew, or Jameis Winston were the quarterback. That's why stats and analytics are helpful but are pimped up by fans way way way too much. The only stats that should matter that much is if it's that particular team's stats but many times the sample size will be to small in a season to take it too seriously. The personnel you have and the quality of QB makes a much bigger difference in decision making than what the average of every team in the league does. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He has no one to blame on this one, not even King. Best team he's ever had, best individual statistical season of his career, a coach he likes, arguably the best WR in football, home field, Brady playing like ass in the 2nd half with 3 picks...and his last four drives went:

3 and out

3 and out

3 and out

Field goal after 1st and Goal

Don't worry. He will be let off the hook for tonight and we will just hear about the refs on that 3rd down. It's the Rodgers' narrative. Nothing is ever his fault. He will forever be the "what if goat". What if GB stops that play and he gets the ball back. What if this and what if that...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The problem I have with this kind of stuff is it's factoring in every team but every team is completely different with their quarterbacks and personnel. With a quarterback the caliber of Rogers you definitely go for it because you have the guy that has a much better chance of making it than if Kirk Cousins, Gardner Minshew, or Jameis Winston were the quarterback. That's why stats and analytics are helpful but are pimped up by fans way way way too much. The only stats that should matter that much is if it's that particular team's stats but many times the sample size will be to small in a season to take it too seriously. The personnel you have and the quality of QB makes a much bigger difference in decision making than what the average of every team in the league does. 

Don't analytics get skewed even more as time goes on as coaches refer to the manual?  If on game 1 the manual says to do "X" 60% of the time so you do it.  Game 2 rolls around and then the percentage is 65% of the time you should do "X".  So you do it again.  The percentage continues to grow or do enough coaches go against the manual to keep things in check?