Nonfungible Tokens (NFT’s)

DonkeyCigars

6 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

those of you with topshot, how do you typically sell your moment?  I had a low serial jaylen brown that i sold for $600 but it was random as hell that it finally sold.  I used that to buy a handful of other low serial moments.  do you leave them up at one price or try to time it based on player performance or drops?

I buy moments to raise my collector score in hopes of securing legendary drops in the future. And since collector score is based on what you have at the moment, I'm not selling much. I'm looking at Top Shot as a long term play but I don't see any problem in selling quickly.

I'm looking for some help on getting on the Whitelist for a project and need 3 successful invites if anyone wants to help me out:

https://discord.gg/avdu6MCy28

I think this project has some potential if anyone is looking for an early intro into a more artblocks type deal.

Edited by The Royal We

30 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I'm looking for some help on getting on the Whitelist for a project and need 3 successful invites if anyone wants to help me out:

https://discord.gg/avdu6MCy28

I think this project has some potential if anyone is looking for an early intro into a more artblocks type deal.

tried to sign up but was rejected by discord. sad.

@The Royal We try to get a fresh link.  i had this issue happen earlier this morning with their discord

also, nfa, but might want to keep these on the radar:  https://tinypawnft.com/ public sale in 4.5 hours.  the 900 unit presale flew.  i don't have any, but might mint later on.  floor is .11 right now for the  unrevealed. https://opensea.io/collection/tinypaws?search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

something is up with discord invites across the space this morning.  seen on several sites that there are issues.  

these whales have been trying out these floor sweeper bots and scooping up old stalled projects where the floor is under mint.  it optimizes the eth spent for mass purchases or something.  seen a lot of dead ass projects jumpstarted, but beware the dump for sure.

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

@The Royal We try to get a fresh link.  i had this issue happen earlier this morning with their discord

also, nfa, but might want to keep these on the radar:  https://tinypawnft.com/ public sale in 4.5 hours.  the 900 unit presale flew.  i don't have any, but might mint later on.  floor is .11 right now for the  unrevealed. https://opensea.io/collection/tinypaws?search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

this sold out in like 3 seconds.  thought i had a few but took the L

16 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

PSA - these will be yuge.  https://themekaverse.com/  you can enter your wallet for a shot at getting a mint slot.  200K in their discord so there's jim carey.gif chance of getting a slot, but you never know.

Do you simple connect your metamask to the site? I did that but the discord is full.

4 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Well damn. I guess I might try and steal one on OS after they get minted.

I hope you've got a lot of ETH built up for that...

There's only one listed right now and it's currently got a 13 ETH bid sitting there:

https://opensea.io/assets/0x18fa2dca20f7157f748c0306a6e70676d39d8e02/1

I think this is the most hyped NFT drop in history.  I registered for two raffles, but it's basically lotto ticket type odds to get one.

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

I hope you've got a lot of ETH built up for that...

There's only one listed right now and it's currently got a 13 ETH bid sitting there:

https://opensea.io/assets/0x18fa2dca20f7157f748c0306a6e70676d39d8e02/1

I think this is the most hyped NFT drop in history.  I registered for two raffles, but it's basically lotto ticket type odds to get one.

Damn, I was hoping the initial price cut would get below 1 ETH. If it does i'll buy one. Not sure I'd be willing to drop more than 2 ETH on this.

if they deliver on a playable mech in a mmpog, then it will be epic.  that IF is grand canyon sized though.  

other than ogling the twitter and discord numbers, i have not dug into the project much to see about actual development.  I am sure this sale will the seed money to work on the bulk of the project.  that's how most of the games are going these days.  proof of concept, sell the nft, then most of the dev work happens.   no one can deliver a quality game right up front with out funding.  if they do it's a scam or they are using cheap or free open source gaming code.  

I have to think that one of these projects will eventually partner with an established game to bring the nft characters into that game. Or the game themselves launch an NFT on opensea.

I can’t imagine a nft-only project creating that great of a game that is only played with 10k players. Not that they’re limited to 10k but it’s the standard now. 

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have to think that one of these projects will eventually partner with an established game to bring the nft characters into that game. Or the game themselves launch an NFT on opensea.

I can’t imagine a nft-only project creating that great of a game that is only played with 10k players. Not that they’re limited to 10k but it’s the standard now. 

The big guys like EA sports are going to have to see the light before they let the players own the game.

And the solution to the 10k genesis chars is to open up some sort of breeding mechanism.  It's not like Axie infinity is limited by 10k chars or something...

Infinity Revenue, Infinity Possibilities - by Packy McCormick - Not Boring by Packy McCormick

How's everyone's projects going?

Top Shot has been taking off for since they announced their collector score requirements for an upcoming Run It Back series. The people behind Top Shot have discovered how to create demand by holding onto a large collection by giving access (not free) for new packs/moments.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

@The Royal We congratz, dude!!!!

TRW, snagged 2 mekas!  floor is 6e right now

Yea, I got lucky af last week.  I won the raffle and was able to mint two Mekas for .46 including gas.  I sold one of them that night for 5.75 and am still holding the other one.  The floor got up to almost 9eth over the weekend but is now back down below 7.  And the damn things haven't even revealed yet!  I'm going to hold my other one through reveal to see if I can win the rare lotto, but I'm pretty sure lightning isn't going to strike me twice.

My BYOP and ApeGang bags pumped pretty nicely over the weekend too @Nice Guy Eddie

https://opensea.io/collection/byopills?search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

I'm still holding two of these that I minted for .03 - current floor is .45

https://opensea.io/collection/ape-gang?collectionSlug=ape-gang&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

The ApeGang pumped up to a .7 floor - still holding two of these - one that I bought for .094 and the other I bought for .33.  I'll sell one of them if they get above 1eth.

NFA, but if anyone is looking for a decent chance at a flyer, I think the Bettys are due for another run soon:

https://opensea.io/collection/alphabetty-doodles

I'm holding 2 of these that I minted, but just bought another one for .071 this morning.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

@The Royal We congratz, dude!!!!

TRW, snagged 2 mekas!  floor is 6e right now

Whew, 6 ETH... I'm not sure I'm ready to go that deep on this.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How's everyone's projects going?

Top Shot has been taking off for since they announced their collector score requirements for an upcoming Run It Back series. The people behind Top Shot have discovered how to create demand by holding onto a large collection by giving access (not free) for new packs/moments.

Just logged back on and see TS going up... that's great. I'm eligible the the Priority 2 queue for RIB so maybe I will give it a shot.

My Topps MLB S1 is holding ok but MLB ditched WAX and moved S2 onto a new platform Maybe I'll just hold and see if they make an ETH bridge or perhaps find a way to get it on OpenSea. I think being the first NFT ever will eventually be desirable but right now Topps is doing all the wrong things and then they lose the baseball license in a few years so who knows.

Panini NFTs are meh... the super stars I bought seem to have gone up and are holding value but I'm just hoping they become the new wave of trading cards as the market is not very liquid. I did buy a few baseball ones too but I don't like that Panini doesn't have the team license.

Veve is still going super strong, if they open up withdraw or the bridge to OS that will be huge but for now just hold a few things that I bought.

The Bears I bought were a scam/bust.

14 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yea, I got lucky af last week.  I won the raffle and was able to mint two Mekas for .46 including gas.  I sold one of them that night for 5.75 and am still holding the other one.  The floor got up to almost 9eth over the weekend but is now back down below 7.  And the damn things haven't even revealed yet!  I'm going to hold my other one through reveal to see if I can win the rare lotto, but I'm pretty sure lightning isn't going to strike me twice.

Wow, that's awesome. It's was a super slim chance to win correct? I got on the discord but was too late to enter the raffle so I guess I'll just watch from the sideline on this one.

9 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Wow, that's awesome. It's was a super slim chance to win correct? I got on the discord but was too late to enter the raffle so I guess I'll just watch from the sideline on this one.

Yes, I can't remember the exact numbers, but there were something like 300k+ people/wallets trying to get 4,444 spots to mint 2 each.  You had to have .4 eth in the wallet registered for the raffle to be eligible and there were so many people moving eth around and sitting on it that it pulled the whole NFT market down some.  Good projects with strong floors were slipping 15-20% because people were undercutting to sell and get eth for the raffle.  Crazy stuff.

3 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Just logged back on and see TS going up... that's great. I'm eligible the the Priority 2 queue for RIB so maybe I will give it a shot.

Right now there are a max of 8800 accounts eligible for Priority 1 with 6000 packs.  assuming that grows to 10K accounts by Thursday, it's a decent chance for larger collectors to get a pack.

I've gotten a decent collector score because I've completed some team collections that create a multiplier effect. As they release these new rare RIB and common Season 3 packs, it forces a collector to buy the new moments to retain the multiplier. For people that want to collect and get priority queues, they have to continue their collection. TS has build a very good economic model.

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Yes, I can't remember the exact numbers, but there were something like 300k+ people/wallets trying to get 4,444 spots to mint 2 each.  You had to have .4 eth in the wallet registered for the raffle to be eligible and there were so many people moving eth around and sitting on it that it pulled the whole NFT market down some.  Good projects with strong floors were slipping 15-20% because people were undercutting to sell and get eth for the raffle.  Crazy stuff.

The Lazy Lions community spoke a lot about this situation. Some of them are thinking the recent Lion drop will rebound as Mekaverse completes their reveal but I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Giant news that Coinbase is going to join the NFT space. A guy joined the lazy lions discord channel and from all appearances works for Coinbase on their NFT platform. He could have been lying but seemed to want to engage with the community people. Sounded like they're planning to launch by the end of 2021.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Giant news that Coinbase is going to join the NFT space. A guy joined the lazy lions discord channel and from all appearances works for Coinbase on their NFT platform. He could have been lying but seemed to want to engage with the community people. Sounded like they're planning to launch by the end of 2021.

Agreed that it should be huge for NFTs.  It should make the USD->ETH->NFTs process much easier than it is currently.  I know I had to do some serious reading/fumbling around when I first got a metamask wallet and funded it.

I sold my other Meka for 6eth this morning pre-reveal.  Not including gas or OS fees or anything it was .4eth -> 11.75eth in 5 days.  And I probably left a little meat on the bone on both sales. 

I'm not sure I'll ever have another trade of any kind with that kind of return.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I got on the waiting list. Would be great to see something other than OS and this would be a massive bridge to the NFT world over what exists now. I'd love some way to open up my Topps Baseball NFTs to a broader market.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I got on the waiting list. Would be great to see something other than OS and this would be a massive bridge to the NFT world over what exists now. I'd love some way to open up my Topps Baseball NFTs to a broader market.

i just joined and am in the 1.3 millions on the list lol

Top Shot's Run it Back priority queue 1 has 6,000 packs for sale. I'm #6,006 in the queue.  :(   Hopefully 6 people fail to buy.

EDIT: I was able to secure a pack. And the run it back moment was Danny Granger from his rookie season/first game. Also a bad serial #. Not exactly what I was hoping for: low serial # with AI, Shaq or McGrady.  Still Granger was in the last run it back, and those are selling for $500+.   I was also able to get a few archive moments with the pack. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Top Shot's Run it Back priority queue 1 has 6,000 packs for sale. I'm #6,006 in the queue.  :(   Hopefully 6 people fail to buy.

EDIT: I was able to secure a pack. And the run it back moment was Danny Granger from his rookie season/first game. Also a bad serial #. Not exactly what I was hoping for: low serial # with AI, Shaq or McGrady.  Still Granger was in the last run it back, and those are selling for $500+.   I was also able to get a few archive moments with the pack. 

I was going to jump in the PQ2 but I guess there was technical challenges so it's been postponed until probably tomorrow. Reminds me of TS circa March/April

39 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

high serial ray allen.  not good, not terrible.

High serial Kirilenko, awful. My buddy got a Lebron and had another guy I know get a 2 digit Nash.

But even the shitty WNBA ones have a $150 floor so I should at least be able to sell for more than the pack.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

80% of buyers for an NTF drop are looking to quick flip imo.  maybe 10% will hold no matter 'cause they believe in the project and 10% just stumbled in and wonder why they are underwater 30 minutes after reveal.  what the team does after the reveal dump shows if they will make it or not.  some of the pfp catch on either through work the devs put in prior to launch with shilling, influencers, or some utility (daos have been the buzz the last month).  

I have liquidated some stuff and am even looking to sell some more at a loss to get liquidity for taxes and buying opportunities that should present itself in the coming months.  nfa, but I think eth may go on a run and then might further drive down prices on nfts.  it's encouraging to see crypto advertised heavily during cfb and the baseball playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

it's encouraging to see crypto advertised heavily during cfb and the baseball playoffs.

agree. I like how the ads for FTX are not so much what are crypto exchange services but rather we should be your exchange.

I was out at a bar watching the astros on saturday and heard people talking about people they know who've done well with crypto. And these were not people that normally talk finances at all. 

57 minutes ago, NoName said:

topshot down for like 8+ hours for "unexpected maintenance" without any updates the night before opening night of the NBA season is a bad look

Damn. So I had created a TS account for my son so he had a few early moments to sit on but I've just triggered the Identity check. Since he's not 18 he can't technically have an account but it's now locked. If I add my identity i'm guessing it would deny it since I already have my own account. Any ideas on how to get around this?

41 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Damn. So I had created a TS account for my son so he had a few early moments to sit on but I've just triggered the Identity check. Since he's not 18 he can't technically have an account but it's now locked. If I add my identity i'm guessing it would deny it since I already have my own account. Any ideas on how to get around this?

wife is the easy answer