Nonfungible Tokens (NFT’s)

DonkeyCigars

42 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

New NFT dropping this week called Bossy Bear Club. They all look like they are copying each other but join the discord if you are interested. I think they mint tomorrow so could be an opportunity to get in on the ground floor:

https://discord.gg/t7BMRCqp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like there is a premint, but you have to sign up and then shill for the discord and maybe post a bunch in the discord.  I joined via your link, so hopefully you get credit.

real mint is 2pm CST tomorrow.  

14 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

looks like there is a premint, but you have to sign up and then shill for the discord and maybe post a bunch in the discord.  I joined via your link, so hopefully you get credit.

real mint is 2pm CST tomorrow.  

Yea, I tried reading through all the premint instructions and honestly got a bit lost. I figure worst case I might just buy one early tomorrow and roll the dice to see if this project takes off like some of the others. Also figures with ETH being pretty high right now, it might be a good opportunity to buy a few things.

Between gas prices and over saturation of new projects, I wonder how much daily new money is required in the open sea nft market just to keep it steady much less grow.

the eth price increase can also have a negative impact as current nft owners are tempted to sell as the nft is worth more in $. Also if a new buyer comes along, it could cost them more $ to buy eth, assuming they don’t already have eth.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Between gas prices and over saturation of new projects, I wonder how much daily new money is required in the open sea nft market just to keep it steady much less grow.

the eth price increase can also have a negative impact as current nft owners are tempted to sell as the nft is worth more in $. Also if a new buyer comes along, it could cost them more $ to buy eth, assuming they don’t already have eth.

tend to agree but i got into all this when ETH was $4K.  just depends what your risk tolerance is and how much of a starting war chest you want.  but people who want to only dabble with < $1000 will be turned off by high cost entry + high gas cost.

I will throw this out as something to watch.  https://opensea.io/collection/gen-dot-art?collectionSlug=gen-dot-art&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

it's basically a membership to an art group where you can get free mints and access to paid drops from various generative artist.  This token is what grants you access.  The price is very volatile but there was a free mint this morning and that is selling for .49 or so but the token might drop in value throughout the day as people get the free mint and then want to dump the membership token.  I bought one at .8 about a week ago but they have swung up to 2eth and then back down to 1 eth due to small # of listings (250 out of 5K) at any given time.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

tend to agree but i got into all this when ETH was $4K.  just depends what your risk tolerance is and how much of a starting war chest you want.  but people who want to only dabble with < $1000 will be turned off by high cost entry + high gas cost.

I will throw this out as something to watch.  https://opensea.io/collection/gen-dot-art?collectionSlug=gen-dot-art&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

it's basically a membership to an art group where you can get free mints and access to paid drops from various generative artist.  This token is what grants you access.  The price is very volatile but there was a free mint this morning and that is selling for .49 or so but the token might drop in value throughout the day as people get the free mint and then want to dump the membership token.  I bought one at .8 about a week ago but they have swung up to 2eth and then back down to 1 eth due to small # of listings (250 out of 5K) at any given time.

Membership with benefits is a great use case for NFTs. I imagine there could legal issues if an NFT starts to securitize an asset or somehow implies ownership but I can only guess where this space will be in a few years as entrepreneurs get busy. 

crap like concert tickets where you get the fans to buy/possess the nft from the band then the website checks you wallet before letting you purchase the tickets.  I mean eventually people would probably sell the nft to scalpers but then no one can bitch about it since they had the chance to keep the token and get access to all concerts at face value.  also a good source of revenue for the band for royalty fees with each sale.  I could see popular bands' tokens commanding very high prices on the open market.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

crap like concert tickets where you get the fans to buy/possess the nft from the band then the website checks you wallet before letting you purchase the tickets.  I mean eventually people would probably sell the nft to scalpers but then no one can bitch about it since they had the chance to keep the token and get access to all concerts at face value.  also a good source of revenue for the band for royalty fees with each sale.  I could see popular bands' tokens commanding very high prices on the open market.

Think about how people hold onto event tickets for the memories. Now you have a non-destructible item that proves you have a ticket from a previous concert. Most of my old event tickets are lost or trashed but I would love to have had a digital memory for each. Even the physical ones I have are mostly faded. Not to mention that its a flex. Let me show people how many sports events or concerts I've attended.

And why wouldn't a band continue to offer additional value to previous concert goers (or the person that holds the NFT.) I'm not saying to give them a free item worth any real money but as a marketing tool to get them to buy something else.

10 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Lol. Reese witherspoon just tweeted about buying some eth.

Athletes and some musicians have gotten into NFTs initially because of Top Shot. Or that is my impression. You can't tell me that other celebrities won't do likewise.

And for celebrities that like to flex their wealth, NFTs could be the ultimate flex. Take Floyd Mayweather who has tweeted out bet receipts in the past. $250K on Alabama or whatever. Floyd - if you're so rich why not create a ETH wallet and buy a $1m cryptopunk. Buy serial # 1. Spend a million on a 8-bit pixel JPEG. You're wealthy when you can do that. The others are pretenders.

47 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yup. Only grabbed one. Gas was too high for me to get more since my wallet's a little light. Might grab another if that comes down a bit. Looks like they're at about 12% sold in 30 minutes. Not sure if that's good or not

The Lions NFT that I'm in, has seen volume drastically dry up over the past 3 days. Surprisingly the floor price has been steady if not risen a bit. And there are still buyers for >2x the floor price. But there just aren't many buyers. 

My worry is that some owners will see low volume as FUD and dump. I'm not confident enough in the market and project to sweep up many "deals."

I'm anxious to see if volume picks up over the weekend but it's also Labor Day weekend.

Yup. Only grabbed one. Gas was too high for me to get more since my wallet's a little light. Might grab another if that comes down a bit. Looks like they're at about 12% sold in 30 minutes. Not sure if that's good or not

It’s an interesting project as holders of the token get some share on ongoing royalties. I have not read up on it much but figured I could roll the dice on this one since I just sat back and missed out on the BAYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone used this new bridge? https://bridge.umbria.network/bridge/

supposed to be a lot faster than the Pos Ether bridge on the polygon website.  I was messing around and it would not let me move .5 ETH of poly.  Had to lower it to .3 and then fee was going to be .0255 (~$80).  Thought it would be a lot cheaper.

upon further review, it's really cheap to send from Eth mainnet to poly, but not i guess not the other way around.  Was hoping for a cheap way to take ZED and Crypto Raider earnings back to the ETH mainnet.  

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

anyone used this new bridge? https://bridge.umbria.network/bridge/

supposed to be a lot faster than the Pos Ether bridge on the polygon website.  I was messing around and it would not let me move .5 ETH of poly.  Had to lower it to .3 and then fee was going to be .0255 (~$80).  Thought it would be a lot cheaper.

upon further review, it's really cheap to send from Eth mainnet to poly, but not i guess not the other way around.  Was hoping for a cheap way to take ZED and Crypto Raider earnings back to the ETH mainnet.  

I'd seen it on Twitter but had not used it yet.  The blurb I saw was that it was less than $10 per txn - far f'n cry from $80 to move .3!

My lazy lion nfts are supposed to pay their dividend this weekend. They’re not calling it a dividend but it should work out up to $40 per nft.  Since they’re going for $2100, I could handle $40 per month. But it’s all based on fees which is a factor of average price and volume. Who knows what that will be. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My lazy lion nfts are supposed to pay their dividend this weekend. They’re not calling it a dividend but it should work out up to $40 per nft.  Since they’re going for $2100, I could handle $40 per month. But it’s all based on fees which is a factor of average price and volume. Who knows what that will be. 

What was the original price on those and how long did it take for them to sell out? The Bossy Bear I just bought went for .04 ETH but they are still less than 25% minted so the floor on OS is trading at a loss right now.

They did say the original minter of each NFT would get 50% of proceeds going forward which is interesting.

what is the royalty % for the bossybear?  That's pretty interesting dynamic that the devs are giving up a portion of the royalty.

only selling 2K out of 11K is not great but you never know when something can take off.  

if you want passive type income, check out my crypto raider post from earlier or these art.gen passes that are hot right now https://opensea.io/collection/gen-dot-art?collectionSlug=gen-dot-art&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW 

- They have just released their 2nd free art piece in about a month.  I sold the first piece for .24 this morning but missed the peak of .3 by a little.  probably should have just held it but i'll take $800.  going to wait on the 2nd piece and see how it all settles, but ones like the variety I have are going for .35-.55 right now.  That would almost cover my initial buy in on the pass.  Sure wish i would have seen these when they minted at .1 but i took the plunge and bought in at .85 a few weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

What was the original price on those and how long did it take for them to sell out? The Bossy Bear I just bought went for .04 ETH but they are still less than 25% minted so the floor on OS is trading at a loss right now.

They did say the original minter of each NFT would get 50% of proceeds going forward which is interesting.

No idea. I bought a few weeks in. Lions are basically 50% of the transactions as well.  4% sales fee for the overall project and half of it goes to the owners. And for owners that don’t register their NFT with the the project website, their share goes to a community wallet. No decision on how it will be spent.

to be clear, the current owner gets 50% not the minter. That’s nuts if the minter gets the fees forever. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

https://www.influenceth.io/sale#purchase

this looks pretty cool.  minting today and the small asteroids are really cheap (and gas is low now).  no idea what it is, but some sort of game that would offer passive income from mining asteroids or something.  I picked up a few.

Thanks for posting. NFTs games have a future but I'm not sure I fully understand this one.

i aped pretty hard and bought 8 small and 3 med ones for 1.3eth or so.  you got a free crew member nft for each one you bought today and free upgrade chance to increase rarity of asteroid.  it sold out fairly quickly.  does not seem like a flip opportunity unless you got a rare and want to sell now.  i'm holding mine for now.

I think they are going to move to L2 poly later so gas should be eliminated like on ZED or crypto raiders.  but this was more seeing people i trust buying in and wanting to get in ground floor on this.  who knows.  the interface was very slick and the attention to detail was incredible with showing the orbits and everything.

so read through the Influenceth stuff last night.  it's aiming to be an MMO where players own everything (land, resources etc...).  it's free to play in that you will be able to sign up and then basically sharecrop from someone who owns the asteroid, or just straight up pay 'rent' in eth and keep what you mine or something like that.  ship/structure building will drive the need to mine the roids.

• Hook 'Em 1

nfa, but this is getting a lot of hype.  100% auction style drop spread over 3 days that apparently has a ton of hype/traction in the crypto/defi trading community

https://metadrop.com/loomlock

you can see everyone's bid and # nfts requested.  people can change their bid to go up or change their # of items to go up or down (but must keep same total cost).  

-  kicker is you sign your eth over.  If you don't win anything in day 1, it rolls to Day 2 etc...  eth returned after day 3 if you don't win anything.  3K nfts per day

anyway, in the (Very) limited stuff i have looked at online, everyone seems to think this will run, but this auction style is not ideal for flipping unless the demand is insane. 

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

NFTs are addicting especially in a rising market

Yes indeed.

You still holding your Lions?  Those have been running hard.

I bought another Animeta and another Roboto yesterday.  I've been spooked off of minting new stuff and have been more trying to swing trade more established projects.

I'm also following one of the OG traders - Zeneca as he's trying to build turn 1 ETH into a warchest to see if he can do it again.  His first buy was one of these, so I scooped one off the floor today too:  https://opensea.io/collection/the-sevens-official?collectionSlug=the-sevens-official&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Yes indeed.

You still holding your Lions?  Those have been running hard.

I bought another Animeta and another Roboto yesterday.  I've been spooked off of minting new stuff and have been more trying to swing trade more established projects.

I'm also following one of the OG traders - Zeneca as he's trying to build turn 1 ETH into a warchest to see if he can do it again.  His first buy was one of these, so I scooped one off the floor today too:  https://opensea.io/collection/the-sevens-official?collectionSlug=the-sevens-official&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE&search[toggles][0]=BUY_NOW

I’m boring and lazy so lions only.

i am currently way low on liquidity.  too many higher value (for me at least) buys lately that are longer term holds.  

https://opensea.io/collection/888innercircle  and bought 2.6eth of those wassies today.  wassies i hope to flip when they are released hopefully monday.

congrats on the Lions run @Nice Guy Eddie and @The Royal We !

i kinda want one of those new gutter cat species.  may try to free up some more eth to get a pass to mint one.

just a PSA.  get and use a hardware wallet for your high value stuff.  had a member of our discord get hacked and lost 26eth and another $100K in nfts yesterday.  i see post on twitter like this once a week at least.

there is a lot of speculation around these 'free' nfts that just randomly appear in you wallet.  don't sell them, don't burn them, don't move them to another wallet.  I think hiding them in your OS account is fine.  some people claim that interacting with them can cause a vulnerability. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Nifty Horns said:

Heard about this thread elsewhere on surly, thought y'all would be interested

I'd be interested to hear your feedback as people that are in tune with the NFT world 

so it's not on Eth blockchain?

looks cool and it's about time we embraced this an an NIL staple with the players.  more and more athletes are getting into NFTs.  

Edited by gyroprotagonist

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so it's not on Eth blockchain?

looks cool and it's about time we embraced this an an NIL staple with the players.  more and more athletes are getting into NFTs.  

Correct, we're building on Flow rather than using an ethereum marketplace. It's just a lot more scalable 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

How do you sell an NFT later after you buy one?

For example, let's say I buy one of these new Bijan NFTs from Candy. In a few years when he's a superstar, how do I sell it? Is there a site with a marketplace?

i am not familiar with TopShot stuff.  that seems like a closed marketplace?  but i am sure others here are way more dialed in.

for stuff on eitherium chain, you could sell it on opensea.io, which is like ebay for nfts.  there are other sites like this, but OS is the biggest right now.  you could also do private sales or trades.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, gyroprotagonist said:

nfa, but this is getting a lot of hype.  100% auction style drop spread over 3 days that apparently has a ton of hype/traction in the crypto/defi trading community

https://metadrop.com/loomlock

you can see everyone's bid and # nfts requested.  people can change their bid to go up or change their # of items to go up or down (but must keep same total cost).  

-  kicker is you sign your eth over.  If you don't win anything in day 1, it rolls to Day 2 etc...  eth returned after day 3 if you don't win anything.  3K nfts per day

anyway, in the (Very) limited stuff i have looked at online, everyone seems to think this will run, but this auction style is not ideal for flipping unless the demand is insane. 

i ended up fomo'ing in to this.  i hate this format, great for the dev and great for extracting top dollar from the buyer.  the fomo was insane during the auction.  during the last hour they picked a number between 1 and 50 and the auction did not end until an rng hit that number.  so bids kept going up and up because the end was not known.

the first day of bids, the winning floor we .47, Day 2 was .87 and day 3 was .84.  I actually bid .87 (for 3 of them) on day 2, but was to far down on the list to get 1 of the 3K wassies.  So i was planning on just getting my money back after the auction on day 3.  but the bid carried over and hit on day 3.  so now my eth locked up for another 3 days.  very stressful.

ended up being ok.  sold 2 of them right after we got them for 1.9 and 1.4.  i thought these would take off so held the last one, but they started stalling so dumped the last one for .75.  they may rise again, but I am glad to be out and liquid again.

congrats to @The Royal We and anyone else that still has a roboto.  those soared past 1eth today.

• Hook 'Em 1

those of you with topshot, how do you typically sell your moment?  I had a low serial jaylen brown that i sold for $600 but it was random as hell that it finally sold.  I used that to buy a handful of other low serial moments.  do you leave them up at one price or try to time it based on player performance or drops?

On 9/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

i am not familiar with TopShot stuff.  that seems like a closed marketplace?  but i am sure others here are way more dialed in.

for stuff on eitherium chain, you could sell it on opensea.io, which is like ebay for nfts.  there are other sites like this, but OS is the biggest right now.  you could also do private sales or trades.

https://opensea.io/assets?search[query]=bijan core&search[sortAscending]=true&search[sortBy]=PRICE

Bijan Core's are listed with a low of like $42 right now on opensea