2018 Texas Women's Soccer

texasstrong12

The Big 12 tournament is going to be wild because 7 of 8 teams are going to be NCAA tournament teams and all are capable of making round of 16 type runs. 

This conference is no joke in soccer. 

Our round of 64 and 32 games in the NCAA tournament will likely be easier than any team we play in the Big 12 tournamanent. 

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Goal for Tech with 4 minutes to play. I saw this coming. Must win game for Tech and they've wanted this more all night. 

Every team will want it more in the tournament. I hate that excuse. You play to win every match 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Every team will want it more in the tournament. I hate that excuse. You play to win every match 

Texas played to win but Tech was a step quicker to the ball as you would expect in these type games. 

There's just a different type juice when your tournament life is on the line. Just see Texas vs WV in the last regular season game in basketball last year where nobody gave them a chance without Bamba. It wasn't shocking at all that Texas won that game and had more juice than they had all regular season. 

It's not an "excuse" as much as it it's a reality. In these type games you have to have more technical ability because when your tournament life is on the line the other team is going to throw everything at the wall. Much like Tech did tonight. It's why I'm not surprised at all that Tech won. 

Edited by texasstrong12

This match is the perfect example of why all the teams should have somebody that follows RPI/resumes/and so on. 

There's no reason Hintzen should have been playing tonight with a bum leg because Texas had absolutely nothing to gain from a result tonight. 

1) We weren't going to win the Big 12 with any type of result tonight. 

2) We likely are going to host the first round in the NCAA tournament and have to travel for the round of 32/16 matches. Nothing tonight would have changed that. 

Hintzen should have be resting and we should be getting healthy for the Big 12/NCAA tournament. All we were doing tonight was playing for seeding in the Big 12 tournament which means absolutely nothing because every team we play in the Big 12 tournament is good. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I haven't checked out the RPI since Friday but Baylor was #4, Texas #11, WV #13. 

Tech is a tournament team and beat #20 RPI TCU today. 

The Big 12 semis is like playing the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament. 2 really good teams (Kansas and TCU) already lost and both those teams will be a tough out in the NCAA tournament. 

Edited by texasstrong12

After thinking about the PK selections some more I'm pretty sure the coaching staff had a read on this keeper. I need to go back and see if Surpris took the PK with her left or right foot. 

But Dollas, Jett and Hintzen all took PKs with their left foot to the left corner. Surpris went to the left corner too but not sure if she took it with her right or left foot. 

But they had some type of read on this keeper. She was either showing too early off the line or they had some type of statistical evidence that she guessed right more than she guessed left. 

Edited by texasstrong12

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

WVU will be very tough to shutout. We’re going to have to get a score or two in regulation to win. Need to end this 200+ minute streak of not scoring 

I'm so confused by this scheduling by the conference.

Thursday night - play Tech

(2 full days off)

Sunday night - Big 12 quarterfinals

(4 full days off)

Friday night - Big 12 semifinals

(1 full day off)

Sunday afternoon - Big 12 finals

Why? Are we going home for the week and then back up to KC?  This makes no sense.  We'd have been away from home and the team out of actual classes for over a week.

Looking back at the season so far we are a really tough team to break down and score on. We've only give up more than 1 goal in 2 games (2 goals against WV and 2 goals against OU). We were missing Grosso and Regan in both of those games. 

We should be really good defensively next year with Curry returning in goal and Jett, Regan, Mshana, Brooks all returning. Brooks might be the most talented of the bunch once she figures out the pace/style of the college game. 

Edited by texasstrong12

When do they usually announce the bracket?  Can't wait to take my daughter to Myers stadium to see a match (start time dependent).  

Any chance we host the second weekend?  

WV beat Baylor 3-0 in the championship. They're the most talented and best team in the conference when things are clicking. Their issue all year has been finishing but they're good enough to make a final 4 run if they can finish in front of goal. 

They dominated two top 15 type teams this weekend. 

This is why I'm a fan of how Kelly is recruiting now. Keep going after these Canadians and internationals. WV's roster is loaded with internationals and Canadians. 

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-women/d1/2018

4 seed, open with Virginia Tech - Friday at 7pm. Face winner of Arky-UALR.  Matched up against 1-seed NC.

Kansas is on the opposite side of the NC 2nd round game.

Baylor got a 2 seed

Tech is the opposite side of the 3 seed Virginia 2nd round game

WV got a 2 seed as well

TCU is the opposite of the 3 seed A&M 2nd round game