2021 F Jaylon Tyson

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Seems a little quick to pull the trigger for a guy who committed to Beard at 2 different schools.  At least play out the season and work on your game in practice so you are better prepared for early PT at your next stop.

Not shocked at all by this. Not that I can blame either side. Tyson isn't worse than any guard on our roster, yet is still out of shape and unathletic.

Edited by HtownHorn

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Tyson will probably be a good shooter eventually, which is worth something especially since he has size, but he’s not as athletic or skilled as I expected based on his recruiting ranking.   I see potential for him to be good for somebody, but his path to playing time here wasn’t looking very good.  Beard clearly wasn’t terribly concerned with keeping him engaged, either, based on our rotations in most games.

In the 3 games we've played against teams with a pulse (Stanford, Seton Hall, and Gonzaga) Tyson only played 1 total minute. 

My guess is he wasn't going to be in the rotation at all moving forward. At least this season that is. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

In the 3 games we've played against teams with a pulse (Stanford, Seton Hall, and Gonzaga) Tyson only played 1 total minute. 

My guess is he wasn't going to be in the rotation at all moving forward. At least this season that is. 

And yet he would rather have zero organized practice and coaching and zero minutes against the remaining cupcakes.  Dumb. 

22 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

And yet he would rather have zero organized practice and coaching and zero minutes against the remaining cupcakes.  Dumb. 

He can pick a school before spring semester starts. He's eligible to practice with that team, just can't play in the games. 

Hate that he's bailing so soon. But it's how things go today. 

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

As expected, it was playing time. 

I have a feeling that Beard knew what he was doing when not playing him.

1) Sending the message that you’re behind all of these other guys and I need to figure out a team by conference play.

2) Letting you know that if you’re not willing to work, improve, and wait for your opportunity in the coming years, then the door is over there and we wish you all the best…

3)…and we will also replace you with someone even better and/or a better fit (is willing to spend time working while waiting their turn).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...