Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Konate is a Rolls Royce

Disagree, slightly. That’s if you consider VVD a RR. If so, I’d say he’s a Lincoln or Cadillac at this point.  Really good, but VVD is much better. 

Edit - Not a criticism, just in comparison, not many are at VVD’s level. 

Edited by pied06

9 minutes ago, pied06 said:

Disagree, slightly. That’s if you consider VVD a RR. If so, I’d say he’s a Lincoln or Cadillac at this point.  Really good, but VVD is much better. 

Edit - Not a criticism, just in comparison, not many are at VVD’s level. 

Bentley?

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

best all around performance since his injury by a mile. Glad to his pace coming back. 

Echo Ratings for the back four. 

Joe Gomez 8

Kept busy by Johnson in early stages but soon began pushing forward and tested Forest goalkeeper Horvath on two occasions. Very decent showing. Booked.

Ibrahima Konate 8

Little bit nervy as Forest began strongly but physicality came to fore longer the game progressed. Enjoyed tussle with Davis and great tackle on Mighten late on.

Virgil van Dijk 8

Saw off Spence in one fierce tussle on the flank first half and stepped in when required. Almost effortless in some of his defending.

Kostas Tsimikas 6

Didn’t get much out of Spence going forward, deliveries inconsistent and tough time defensively. Then curled in right-foot cross to set up the winner.

16 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Weird. I thought Tsimi was really good

Agreed. Not sure how they rate him a 6/10, especially when he put in the ball for the winner.

Overall we were pretty poor and that was almost as hard to watch as an NCAA basketball game. Good to get it out of our system and not have to play Mane or Salah, who are both off to Africa for a two-legged WCQ against each other. 

Helluva run of fixtures in April:

image.thumb.png.5b0971a92459cd3e7ec6c4ec7b31ae45.png

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Thiago is the most technically gifted midfielder I’ve ever seen wear the red shirt. What a joy to watch. 

The things he sees is AMAZING. 

We have a great view from above and he sees stuff that just isn’t there. 

• Hook 'Em 1