Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

6 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

We look so much better in there with Havertz instead of Lukaku. 

Also in a proper shape. Think we lined up in a 3-3-4 against CP with Pulisic hidden in the midfield. 

It's why I said I like this lineup. Pulisic and Ziyech are in dangerous spots. We have actual wingbacks on the edge. And Kai is just straight up more versatile than Rom. 

(And we have two of the best CMs in the world behind them)

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Also in a proper shape. Think we lined up in a 3-3-4 against CP with Pulisic hidden in the midfield. 

It's why I said I like this lineup. Pulisic and Ziyech are in dangerous spots. We have actual wingbacks on the edge. And Kai is just straight up more versatile than Rom. 

(And we have two of the best CMs in the world behind them)

I really want to see Werner come in for Puli around the 65th minute.  He and Kai work really well together with their off the ball movement and now that Ziyech is playing better I imagine they could create a lot of chances.  

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I really want to see Werner come in for Puli around the 65th minute.  He and Kai work really well together with their off the ball movement and now that Ziyech is playing better I imagine they could create a lot of chances.  

Agreed. It's the most obvious sub on the pitch. (Save Kante for Jorg or Saul). 

Granted Puli has been great today - but I think he went 90 over the weekend. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Assuming you mean when he's off ball and in the box? 

When he's receiving the ball down the line.  He's usually good at getting position and controlling the ball or taking the foul when a defender goes through him, but he wasn't doing that the last 20 minutes or so and it was resulting in a lot of lost balls.  

2 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

When he's receiving the ball down the line.  He's usually good at getting position and controlling the ball or taking the foul when a defender goes through him, but he wasn't doing that the last 20 minutes or so and it was resulting in a lot of lost balls.  

I saw one ball Alonso tried to play to him through a tight window that was lost out of bounds. I may have missed some. I didn't see Pulisic turn the ball over once after he had a clean touch - I thought it was a really good half from him. 

You're of course welcome to ask more of him- he's young and can improve. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I was about to question whatever the fuck formation we're in. 

Kante to Pulisic - net. 2-0 bitches!!!

It's difficult to tell b/c of how much movement we have, but it looks like a 3-5-2 with RLC at the base of the three and Saul and Kante farther forward.  Saul is pressing really high up the field when we don't have the ball.  

Just now, Longhornfan1024 said:

It's difficult to tell b/c of how much movement we have, but it looks like a 3-5-2 with RLC at the base of the three and Saul and Kante farther forward.  Saul is pressing really high up the field when we don't have the ball.  

Yeah it's a 3-5-2/5-3-2 - by question I meant I didn't like the look at first. Shows what I know.

I have to say I love seeing Saul playing assertively.  He was so lost when he came here, but now he's playing like he knows where he should be and he's confident he can execute the plan.  It shows how much of a professional he is that he didn't give up and how good of a coach Tuchel is that he didn't give up on Saul.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Really like that we don't seem content to dribble out a 2-0.

Agreed.  But what I like more is that despite that we're up 2-0, despite that he scores a goal, Puli was sprinting back to make that tackle on Sanchez to ensure that we keep the shut out.  Those are the most impressive plays a player can make.  

• Hook 'Em 2