Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

10 point lead at the half for Texas. This is where we were against Tennessee and then we shit the bed late and lost. Good opportunity for us to turn a corner

Maybe but I think the big issue in that game was lack of depth. Tired legs in the 4th. 

Probably going to have the same issue in this game as Gaston and Ebo are having to play almost all the minutes at the 4/5 right now. Schaefer's full court system/"40 minutes of hell" means you need a ton of bodies to play this way. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe but I think the big issue in that game was lack of depth. Tired legs in the 4th. 

Probably going to have the same issue in this game as Gaston and Ebo are having to play almost all the minutes at the 4/5 right now. 

I mean, I think its unrealistic at this point to expect all scholarship players to be healthy at once. All teams go through injuries, and just look at what happened with Bueckers at U-Conn today. Tennessee was down their leading scorer when we played them. Being healthy is a huge advantage but difficult to count on.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I mean, I think its unrealistic at this point to expect all scholarship players to be healthy at once. All teams go through injuries, and just look at what happened with Bueckers at U-Conn today. Tennessee was down their leading scorer when we played them. Being healthy is a huge advantage but difficult to count on.

They mentioned a lot of ankle injuries. Are we running too hard in practice? 

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah, but being down 3 players (2 of which would play huge minutes) is a major problem in Schaefer's system. 

He runs full court press almost all game which means you need 9 to 10 players. Injuries exacerbate problems in Schaefer's system because you need so many bodies to play this way. 

Edited by texasstrong12