Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

@Js1 is something medically wrong with Blair? 

I saw him shaking a few times on the sidelines with water and holding the boots Schaefer gave him. Just old age? I can't stand aggy but I've always been a huge Blair fan. I hope he's healthy. 

I don’t know his health. He is old 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

@Js1 is something medically wrong with Blair? 

I saw him shaking a few times on the sidelines with water and holding the boots Schaefer gave him. Just old age? I can't stand aggy but I've always been a huge Blair fan. I hope he's healthy. 

Hope not also. Coach Blair is a good solid man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Played little league baseball with my dad.  They keep in touch.  If there was something real serious going on there I would’ve probably heard about it.

Maybe he was shaking with emotion as 7100 aggy faithful tried to will them to victory against Texas and the traitor Vic 🤣

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

From what I've heard, aggy is going to promote Bond-White when Blair retires. 

I guess aggy is just going to say fuck the other sports while they back the brinks truck up for 8-4 Jimbo. 

If we learned anything from Miss St, that’s the right call. I don’t fault them.  

Just now, Js1 said:

If we learned anything from Miss St, that’s the right call. I don’t fault them.  

Maybe but aggy can hire a much better coach than Mississippi State. 

Mississippi State hired a tier 2 or 3 coach instead of just making an internal hire of a great assistant. aggy has the money to money whip a top tier coach but they seem to only care about 8-4 Jimbo these days. 

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Mississippi State hired a tier 2 or 3 coach instead of just making an internal hire of a great assistant. aggy has the money to money whip a top tier coach but they seem to only care about 8-4 Jimbo these days. 

I don’t even know who you money whip. I think Bond-White is a fine hire; the coach after the legend has the hardest job. Ask Coach G

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe all their money is being dumped into the football program, on and off books money, and there’s nothing left for big money hires in small rev sports. 

JAT and Warren both with 30+ minutes and 4 points apiece, not their game offensively.  That turnover differential is unreal, especially against a ranked opponent in their house, however our free throw percentage is poor, 58% for the game and 64% for the year. Get that up in the 80s and get our three girls back and we’ll be running with the big dogs.

Really happy with this team.

ag2.jpg

ag3.jpg

• Like 1

This roster is interesting because you have veterans that defend like Schaefer wants but are very limited offensively (Warren and Allen-Taylor). 

Then you have some younger players that can get a bucket but have defensive breakdowns (Matharu, Hunter and Harmon). Matharu isn’t that young but I’m still putting her in this group because of regression under the last Miss State coach. 

The ceiling is much higher for this team if those young players can start pleasing Schaefer on the defensive end because we can be one of the best offensive teams in the country with that trio of guards playing big minutes (I.e Matharu, Harmon and Hunter). 

I’m really not sure why Rickea Jackson didn’t transfer. Miss St is terrible. They lost by 30 to an average OU team the other day. 

Look at how much Matharu has improved after rejoining Schaefer. 

I think she will be an option again next year as a transfer but she’s burned 2 years now sticking with Miss State. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

JAT and Warren both with 30+ minutes and 4 points apiece, not their game offensively.  That turnover differential is unreal, especially against a ranked opponent in their house, however our free throw percentage is poor, 58% for the game and 64% for the year. Get that up in the 80s and get our three girls back and we’ll be running with the big dogs.

Really happy with this team.

ag2.jpg

ag3.jpg

JAT had 0 turnovers in 36 min. Warren had 9 boards (5 offensive rebounds) in 33 min and took several charges. They both do the little things that win games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

They also threw money at Schloss.

Also of note, Jessika Carter is taking time away from the Miss State program. She could be another transfer candidate and was 2nd team All-SEC as Sophomore under Schaefer. 

Carter would definitely start at the 5 if she was on the roster.

Miss State really fucked this up about as badly as you could possibly fuck this up. That roster was legit that Schaefer left behind as we are already seeing with Matharu. 

Not sure about Ms Carter.

"STARKVILLE — Mississippi State women’s basketball forward Jessika Carter is still with the program but is “taking some time away” from the team, interim head coach Doug Novak said Thursday, as she works through “some personal matters.”

Carter was arrested last month on a simple assault charge, stemming from an Aug. 28 incident in which the 6-foot-5 forward allegedly struck another woman in the face, according to a criminal affidavit acquired via a public records request.

Novak said he hopes “to have her back soon.” When asked if he had a more specific timetable for Carter’s return, Novak said, “I don’t. That’s the best I can do at this time.”"

"STARKVILLE — Mississippi State women’s basketball player Jessika Carter was arrested on a simple assault charge Wednesday, stemming from an incident on Aug. 28 in which Carter allegedly struck another woman in the face, according to a criminal affidavit acquired through a public records request.

According to the affidavit, which was sworn to the Justice Court of Oktibbeha County on Sept. 2, Carter hit Mississippi State student Angel Williams, causing the woman’s nose to bleed while also giving her a black eye. Williams alleges that Carter snuck up behind her before hitting Williams in the face.

In a phone interview with the Clarion Ledger, Williams echoed the affidavit, before explaining she and Carter “had some stuff going on that happened six months ago.”

“We just had a miscommunication about something,” said Williams, a 19-year-old sophomore. “And after that, she just stopped liking me.”

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2021/09/09/jessika-carter-mississippi-state-womens-basketball-arrested-after-hitting-woman-face/8264573002/

I haven't looked at scholarship numbers for next season but I'm starting to think Chevalier's days are numbered at Texas. She's not getting hardly any minutes and most our guards will be back next season outside of JAT. 

2 of Aston's recruits from the '20 class have already been processed. I will say I think Chevalier can be a good player for a smaller school. 

Edited by texasstrong12

43 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Is there a reason we are showing the Oklahoma Baptist game for the 800th time this week? I mean we have had some good wins on networks owned by ESPN. Last night for example. 

Yesterdays game was on the SEC network so they won't show it on LHN. Part of the Big12 SEC challenge. Yeah, I saw they were playing that game to death, they do have other options. I wish they would post the whole A&M game on YouTube but so far only 10 minutes of highlights.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I haven't looked at scholarship numbers for next season but I'm starting to think Chevalier's days are numbered at Texas. She's not getting hardly any minutes and most our guards will be back next season outside of JAT. 

2 of Aston's recruits from the '20 class have already been processed. I will say I think Chevalier can be a good player for a smaller school. 

Chevalier seems to be averaging about 16-22 minutes in the easy games and much less in the more difficult contests. The two minutes yesterday made me think she was injured but I didn’t hear anything. Still a valuable player if Rori or JAT get in foul trouble. As a sophomore this year she may start exploring her options if Vic continues to keep her numbers low. I don’t know if we have other point guards coming in. (?)

Texas is #5 in the NET rankings.  Likely on the strength of having wins over #9 Tree, #17 A&M and having played #13 Tennessee.  3 top 17 opponents in 7 games. 

We still have #7 Arizona and #20 Princeton on the non-conf schedule.   The fact that all of those games are on the road or neutral sites will be resume-stuffing results in the NET rankings at the end of the year. 

Current Big 12 teams:

Texas 5
KSU 10
Iowa State 11
Baylor 16
Kansas 27
OU 37
WVU 50
Texas Tech 91
Oklahoma State 102
TCU 156

The Big 12 looks like a strong ass WBB conference again and could see 7 teams in the field. 

Edited by Js1

18 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

34 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Prophetic.

Sad to hear, we need her for depth. All the Rori love and 2 minutes at A&M must have been discouraging.

It was going to happen eventually.  This does open up a scholarship for a transfer.  I do wonder if Vic has heard back channels from any other former MSU players. 

JAT started at PG and Rori was able to watch the flow of the game for a few min before coming in and taking over.   Matharu can also handle the ball as well.  

Edited by Js1

With already having stud freshman point guard in Rori I would think it would be harder to get another point guard to transfer. I guess Hunter played with Rori the whole time in HS so she didn't have to handle the ball as much. (speculation).

Those two minutes at A&M must have done it. I wish this had been an at the end of the season decision, and she might still remove her name, but like you folks have said it was probably going to happen eventually.

13 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

With already having stud freshman point guard in Rori I would think it would be harder to get another point guard to transfer. I guess Hunter played with Rori the whole time in HS so she didn't have to handle the ball as much. (speculation).

Those two minutes at A&M must have done it. I wish this had been an at the end of the season decision, and she might still remove her name, but like you folks have said it was probably going to happen eventually.

Vic won't go into 2022 with one full time PG and Matharu and Hunter.  With JAT graduating, my guess is someone can be found.  There's always minutes - bad shooting nights, foul trouble, injuries.