Hook 'em

ztejas

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's Wednesday. We play Rice Saturday. 

I wasn't raised a Longhorn fan to be a bitch when things weren't falling right. 

These kids need our buy in. Maybe Sark is the right guy maybe he ain't - that doesn't change the fact that dozens of student athletes from this university bust their asses out there for us every week. 

Show up and be loud and instill your own decades of frustration into the product on the field. 

Let's kick the shit out of a poor regional program and move forward. Fat lady hasn't sung yet.

paradise-pd-ball.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

These kids need our buy in. Maybe Sark is the right guy maybe he ain't - that doesn't change the fact that dozens of student athletes from this university bust their asses out there for us every week. 

Show up and be loud and instill your own decades of frustration into the product on the field. 

Let's kick the shit out of a poor regional program and move forward. Fat lady hasn't sung yet.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Amen, they need to bounce back...Some of Mack's best teams had devastating losses to OU, even the 2004 team..They were called soft, and they came back and won a title in 2005.....The leaders on the team need to step up and get vocal, and the coaches need to make some adjustments.  Second game with a new offense and defense.  There was bound to be growing pains...The next few games will prove if this staff is any good or not...

In the famous words of VY, I hope they let their nuts hang this next few weeks and put this loss way behind them...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

Amen, they need to bounce back...Some of Mack's best teams had devastating losses to OU, even the 2004 team..They were called soft, and they came back and won a title in 2005.....The leaders on the team need to step up and get vocal, and the coaches need to make some adjustments.  Second game with a new offense and defense.  There was bound to be growing pains...The next few games will prove if this staff is any good or not...

In the famous words of VY, I hope they let their nuts hang this next few weeks and put this loss way behind them...

Yeah, but we were all-too-familiar with the OU ass-beatings in the Mack years. Only a handful of guys didn’t seem to enjoy them. 

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, but we were all-too-familiar with the OU ass-beatings in the Mack years. Only a handful of guys didn’t seem to enjoy them. 

I never understood Mack's attitude about calling the OU game "just another game" back then.  I lived in Oklahoma at the time some of those crushing defeats happened, and I guarantee you Stoops never let his teams think about that game in terms of it being just a game like any other game on the schedule.  He ate, slept, and breathed thinking about putting an ass beating on Texas...He knew what OU fans expected and you could just hear it in his voice every interview they had with him on talk radio in Oklahoma...

I hope Sark learned that lesson about Texas rivals after facing Arky and taking them lightly  because if they go into the OU game with the same attitude, they will get a half a hundred hung on them..