Temple @ Cincinatti - ESPN

ztejas

Fickell needs to focus on fit. Cincy is going to continue to be good. He can wait out the best Midwest jobs. 

That said, he could be waiting a long time for Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State. 

I do think Wisconsin would can Chryst to hire Fickell. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fickell needs to focus on fit. Cincy is going to continue to be good. He can wait out the best Midwest jobs. 

That said, he could be waiting a long time for Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State. 

I do think Wisconsin would can Chryst to hire Fickell. 

The general thoughts are that Luke would leave Cincy for tOSU, ND, or PSU. I have a hard time seeing him leave for Michigan. Bo Schembechler coached for the Buckeyes. Luke played for them. And coached for them, obviously. But I’m not sure his psyche would allow it. And Harbaugh’s seat might be cooling off a little right now. Wisconsin? They won’t shell out the money for an elite staff.

James Laurinaitis offers his opinions on his local radio show. He talks about how happy Luke’s wife is in Cincinnati and how they like their church. He says he’d never ask Luke about his plans or Luke would punch him through the phone. And who knows? Maybe the move to the Big 12 will give him an incentive to stick around awhile longer. But one thing I’m sure of is that Luke won’t consider any future options until this season is over. That’s just not in his character. He’ll stay laser focused on the job at hand.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The general thoughts are that Luke would leave Cincy for tOSU, ND, or PSU. I have a hard time seeing him leave for Michigan. Bo Schembechler coached for the Buckeyes. Luke played for them. And coached for them, obviously. But I’m not sure his psyche would allow it. And Harbaugh’s seat might be cooling off a little right now. Wisconsin? They won’t shell out the money for an elite staff.

James Laurinaitis offers his opinions on his local radio show. He talks about how happy Luke’s wife is in Cincinnati and how they like their church. He says he’d never ask Luke about his plans or Luke would punch him through the phone. And who knows? Maybe the move to the Big 12 will give him an incentive to stick around awhile longer. But one thing I’m sure of is that Luke won’t consider any future options until this season is over. That’s just not in his character. He’ll stay laser focused on the job at hand.

This surprised me.  Had to look it up.

Then again, Darrell Royal was a Sooner.

51 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This surprised me.  Had to look it up.

Then again, Darrell Royal was a Sooner.

Bo played for Woody at Miami. Despite the “Ten Year War,” they cared very much for each other.

You might consider watching this whole documentary sometime. Obviously this probably isn’t the time. But it’s a good doc. Coincidentally, HBO shot it in 2006 when tOSU and Michigan met as #1 vs. #2. Bo died the day before the game. HBO interviewed him the day before that. We both lost a good man and one of our own.

This will take you to the relevant part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqM7BHhlKc&t=49m39s

Well, shoot  I guess I’ll also embed it just so there’s a preview.

Edited by WhatTheBuck