Win out in conference play

The Earl of Texas

4 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

^ This.  I still think this is the path.  OU made the right decision (for them at least) to take out Spencer.  Otherwise we win, and they have 4 turnovers not counting any ref crap.  Right after our 1st TD I told my wife Rattler was good for 2-4 turnovers, and there would be 35 points in the 1st quarter alone.  Had no idea 28 of them would be for us.  Sad part is I also told her after Rattler was pulled for the freshman that if he came back in he would make even more mistakes trying too hard to keep his job.  He did not take that benching well at all.

Plus, we had the misfortune of having to face the freshman first.  First *real* game action so no college film, and didn't play HS last year due to covid stuff so no real recent film on him at all.  If we win out and face OU again we won't be facing an unknown.

20211009_235227.thumb.jpg.5212c30f0ef790c68fd56ca862e896f8.jpg

3 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I watched the Baylor ground game today just slam through a pretty good West Virginia defense. If their passing attack remains even half as good as it was today they'll be next to impossible to stop, especially with our defense. Playing them in Koresh Memorial Stadium also helps them.

I think that'll be our toughest game from this point out.

Well, if Baylor turns out to really be that good, we’ll just need to quickly go up by 21 early on and . . . 

Sorry, too soon.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I'd say 10%.  as usual we are underestimating how bad our defense is...I think Sark can scheme around the OL deficiencies.  don't think PK has that ability and its harder to do in general anyway.

Can he?? He literally did not do jack shit today when the wheels were falling off drive after drive. We did nothing to counter their blitzing. Where was the screens, delayed runs, quick passes? They left the whole middle of the field open. But nope, we kept calling deep step drop back passes. Unless he is a coach that can't adjust at all during the game and needs to wait until the between the weeks leading up to a game. Because that is not good at all. Simple adjustments today would have made this game today an easy win.

We still have a chance to finish with 10 wins and get a rematch in Arlington. There’s nobody else on the schedule with an offense that can light us up like that. A lot of the older sooner alumni that I talked to at the fair after the game today think the same thing. Plus, I would love to get that rematch so we can do to them what they did to us in 2018. Will take the big 12 championship trophy, they can keep the golden hat as a consolation prize.

Edited by Longboard Horn
Fuck today, revenge on our minds

We still have a chance to finish with 10 wins and get a rematch in Arlington. There’s nobody else on the schedule with an offense that can light us up like that. A lot of the older sooner alumni that I talked to at the fair after the game today think the same thing. Plus, I would love to get that rematch so we can do to them what they did to us in 2018. Will take the big 12 championship trophy, they can keep the golden hat as a consolation prize.

Every offense in the Big 12 not named Kansas can absolutely light Texas up like that. This defense is terrible. Texas can win out, sure. They can also end up 7-5, and the most likely outcome is somewhere in the middle