Pink Floyd

Bogeywon

Does the OP realize that’s not Pink Floyd playing in the video?   I mean, if Nick Mason were there, we would happily award partial credit.  But that’s not Pink Floyd.  

when Robert Plant sings “Black Dog” With Alison Krause, we don’t say “watch Led Zeppelin play their iconic song “

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Does the OP realize that’s not Pink Floyd playing in the video?   I mean, if Nick Mason were there, we would happily award partial credit.  But that’s not Pink Floyd.  

when Robert Plant sings “Black Dog” With Alison Krause, we don’t say “watch Led Zeppelin play their iconic song “

It’s David fucking Gilmore that’s pink god dammit !!

• Hook 'Em 1

What the hell is this thread rambling on about...

I expected a new Pink Floyd thread to be about the official live recordings from '71 and '72 that were released a week ago.   

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pink-floyd-surprise-live-albums-1272350/

On Spotify:  https://open.spotify.com/search/pink floyd live

The recordings are live gigs in the period before just after Atom Heart Mother release, and before and after Meddle, and then just before Dark Side of the Moon came out. 

The earliest recording (Feb '70)  has a setlist with all stuff off Atom (Careful with that Axe, Set the Controls, Saucerful, etc.), then they start mixing in songs that will be on Meddle, and then ones that will be on DSotM.     You can hear the band evolving and getting tighter.

Also, anyone who doesn't think the chick on Great Gig deserves a co-writing credit, just listen to the version on "Live, Lyon 12 June 1971, Tokyo 16 Mar 1972".

That girl made that song.

• Drool 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:00 AM, Lobo said:

oh, by the way, which one's Pink?