RNC says no to longstanding nonpartisan debate tradition

sasquatch69

17 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The people basing their votes on debate performance were the people putting the least amount of thought into their vote, not the most.

The least? Not too sure about that one chief. I wasn't talking about people deciding their vote entirely based on the debates, but even in that case, I'm sure there are a great many more people who make their decision based on dumb shit like physical appearance or Facebook memes. 

How about a Twitter debate.  Feed in a list of topics into a bot that randomly selects just the topic and then each candidate spits out 280 characters on "national security."  Whoever gets the most likes and RTs is the winner.  Better yet, no topics and we just let the candidates take turns tweeting whatever bullshit they want, with bonus points for beefing with Kristen Stewart. 

I’ve always wanted to see a YES/NO debate.

Your mic is instantly silenced if you attempt to answer with anything more than a YES or a NO.

Are you pro abortion?
Do Black Lives Matter?
Do you believe immigrants improve America?
Do you believe everyone should have equal access to voting?
Should the rich pay more taxes than the lower classes?
Is the environment worth protecting?
Etc.

Having them hooked up to a polygraph at the same time with those results on screen but hidden from them would be perfect.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bravo said:

So do they not want to debate or more concerned who runs it? Have any of y'all seen the controversy with leftist screwing up the integrity of the debate? Be honest, dont make me quote stories. BTW why are the controversies only involving the left trying to influene the debate? Let the 2 candidates negotiate it out. Debates will happen the Rs just want it to be fair and not for instance a Clinton communications director running it. Can even the CR cabal with a straight face say the commission is square? 

Sure let Tucker Carlson mediate

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Woland said:

i don't know where the despair belongs: at the complete deterioration of the integrity of the republican party, or that i was fooled into thinking they had any to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1