Have you contracted Covid-19 (Jan'22 Omicron Edition)

0xdeadbeef

Have you contracted Covid-19 (Jan'22 Omicron Edition)  

166 members have voted

1. 1. It's mid-January 2022 and all the cool kids are getting Covid-19.

• Yes, I've had it.
    • No, not that I know of.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/25/22 at 08:35 AM

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I asked on the stats thread, but interested in any other "scientific" takes now that last week has passed.  

My antigen/PCR/rapid tests came back over the weekend.  The clinics where they do the long swab, then the finger prick, then the short swab.  

Been there a few times over the last 18 months after close contact reports and all that.  I can read the Antigen and PCR just fine obviously.  But this is my question:

my IgM was always Negative on all tests, but my IgG went from Negative in previous tests to Positive now.  I know I'm not asking correctly, but what exactly causes that flip in terms of timeframe?  Doesn't quite match up with the timeframe we figured in our family, but what the hell do we know after this long?  I'm fully vacc'd (March) and boosted (November).  Thanks 

damn dude sounds like you had it rough (your previous posts)

for what its worth the wife unit has some nausea as well for almost a week (omicron). but no projectile chernobyl vomit. 

no clue on the tests. the CRON seems to really react and sit differently with people. i've heard all kinds of first hand stories or people testing different almost daily. 

Not complaining, was "just asking questions."  Felt crappy, but no problems breathing, never felt like needed to take up a hospital bed.  Just can't imagine there's a version of this that's orders of magnitude worse.  Had family members that went through much worse with this, including death.  I know many of y'all went through much worse.  So I am thankful and wanted to do my part to not exhaust the already exhausted medical community.  

Just needed somewhere to vent about the vomit/dehydration.  I was confused as shit, and a bit scared as far as the dehydration.  Didn't wanna let on to my wife how bad it was.  She spent 48 hours like an old Jewish mother, "Lobo, eat something.  You'll feel better.  Eat, you'll wither away!"  So I had to vent on here.  I tried to tell her I couldn't even hold in water, but she was just insisting, "Nah, all you need is a nice fully cooked rotisserie chicken and then follow it up with water."  There was one point late in the first day, I took a swig of water and it immediately shot back up and I just wrapped my cheeks and lips around it and played it off like the guy in a Zombie movie who gets bit but doesn't wanna let the rest of the group know.  Slowly walked into the bathroom and heaved it along with some bile.  And that just went on and on for 48 hours.  At the start of the 3rd day, I finally had to tell her and said if I can't hold in liquids by this afternoon, I have to go somewhere to get an IV.  And the heaving is so intense, it feels like it's shooting up into my sinus cavity.  That can't be good.  

Anyway, oldest one just tested positive so her quarantine begins today.  She's tough like her mom, but of course---I'm worried for her.  We don't live in fear of anything in this house, but we do have to acknowledge that she's a sassy know-it-all who won't listen to her mother try to help her take better care of herself and rest.  I'm not so much worried about Covid with her, as her just acting like a lunatic and yelling at her mom to take her to school later this week to see her friends.  

Didn't realize there was a "new" thread for this.  Posted this in the "old" thread. 

Just tested positive this morning.  Triple vaxxed so we'll see if that shit works.  Was grilling chicken and having a beer Saturday evening and all of a sudden started feeling very tired with chills.  It was 28 degrees so went inside a felt a bit better and thought nothing of it.  A couple hours later started getting a cough.  Wound up sleeping on the couch that night because my daughter has commandeered the guest bedroom, and her bed is too small for me.  Still only had a cough Sunday morning. Still felt a bit tired, but I attributed that to sharing a cough with a 90 lb dog and a puppy who can only be still in 5 minute intervals.

Cough got a bit worse last night. My throat only hurts when I cough, and the only other symptoms are occasional body aches and a temp of 99 (usual is around 97.5).  My wife made an appointment for me this morning thinking it was just what everyone up here calls "the crud" and that they'd give me something for the symptoms and on my way I'd be.  Nope.....positive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Finally tested positive today.  Body aches seem to mostly be gone.  I never lost my sense of taste, and fever is finally letting up. First 24 hours was rough, but after 48 I think I’m through the worst of it. Still a lot of congestion and my throat feels like it’s coated in congealed bacon grease though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Around 1 in the morning the bacon grease turned into battery acid.  Throat and sinuses are on fire now, but the stuff is finally moving. Downside is I’m coughing more, so my throat is getting raw. Energy is the highest it’s been since the onset, I actually got out of bed at a normal time without feeling like I got my ass whipped.  Biggest advice I can give anyone is to go all out to control fever for the first 48 hours. We alternated NyQuil/Thera flu and Motrin non stop and I got through it better than my wife. She kept trying to stop the meds to see if her fever was over and that let it creep back up.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Checking in, had a 99.5 fever yesterday with night sweats so I tested and had a negative test. This morning woke up feeling great but was congested so I got dressed for work and tested again, positive this time. Been congested all day but no other symptoms. Let’s see what tonight has to offer.

• Hook 'Em 1

The boy (currently living in Germany) felt "off" on Monday, tested positive.  Confirmed with a PCR test, but just barely -- came back with a viral load of ct=25, and at ct=24 or below, you're considered non-infectious.

His symptoms have been a runny nose, slight cough, and being a little tired/achy, but not much.  And he says that today, he really feels fine.  He's double vaxxed and boosted (Pfizer), and he's 18.  He's in good health, although he did have a helluva bout with long mono a coupla years ago, so we worry about his immune system.  But it all seems to be doing its job thus far.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:44 AM, TXSG8R said:

Around 1 in the morning the bacon grease turned into battery acid.  Throat and sinuses are on fire now, but the stuff is finally moving. Downside is I’m coughing more, so my throat is getting raw. Energy is the highest it’s been since the onset, I actually got out of bed at a normal time without feeling like I got my ass whipped.  Biggest advice I can give anyone is to go all out to control fever for the first 48 hours. We alternated NyQuil/Thera flu and Motrin non stop and I got through it better than my wife. She kept trying to stop the meds to see if her fever was over and that let it creep back up.  

This was all my kids and wife a few weeks ago, I just got fever and achey.  Lost taste/smell on about day 5 (after I felt fine for several days)  Just not getting smell back, taste is still "off" a bit, but mostly fine.  Worst part I had was I couldn't get my brain right.  Trying to work was lol no for several days.  When the "fog" finally cleared, I would hit a wall about 1500 and have to rest, then get back after it.  That lasted for about a week as well.  Finally feeling 100% this week.   

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Worst part I had was I couldn't get my brain right.  Trying to work was lol no for several days.  When the "fog" finally cleared, I would hit a wall about 1500 and have to rest,

Happened to me,  Happened to a lot of people I've talked to.  Was on a ZOOM call with a vendor.  Always has his camera on, but not this time? Guy up north got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and straight up fainted/passed out.  Hit his head and had a HELL of a shiner.  Could have been catastrophic (ala Saget).  Dude's damn lucky.  Another guy said his wife got temporarily lost near their house while driving.  Scary stuff.  Sounded like Dementia or something....but short term.