Have you contracted Covid-19 (Jan'22 Omicron Edition)

0xdeadbeef

Have you contracted Covid-19 (Jan'22 Omicron Edition)  

166 members have voted

1. 1. It's mid-January 2022 and all the cool kids are getting Covid-19.

• Yes, I've had it.
    • No, not that I know of.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/25/22 at 08:35 AM

Mrs Brown is feeling like shit all of a sudden tonight. She’s double vaxxed but not boosted yet because she had a breakthrough COVID infection 2 1/2 months ago and since she had the regeron treatment then, she has to wait until after mid January to get her booster shot. She s trying to find a test for tomorrow.

Don't think so. Got boosted 2 weeks before Christmas, but btw traveling around the world and seeing a shitload of patients since my return, I have to have been exposed. Luck, good timing on the booster, and good PPE and hygiene practices probably played a role.

Knock on wood, not yet.  No alpha.  No beta.  No  Delta.  No cron as far as I know.  Last UT Cares draw was in early December and no priors.

Wife was sick with something two weeks back, but tested negative for COVID.

Both pfizer vaxxed (Part 2) on 01/18/21.  Boosted 09/21. 

Edited by dcbc

36 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Still in the hospital?

Nah...

Got stuck in the ER for 36 hrs because they couldn't get anyone to get me some home O2.  Finally got some delivered at 0100 Saturday so I got to sleep in my own bed that night.

Just taking steroids and O2.  I feel mostly fine...until I start moving around and then I get tired REALLY quick.

Tested positive Friday night (along with 11 yr old daughter). My symptoms started Wednesday. In a world without COVID I would have just chalked it up to allergies. Very relieved that it seems to have been mild for us. Wife tested negative but she has same symptoms. Read that false negatives are much more common so probably going to have her retest soon.

Kids got sent home from daycare on 12-30-2021 because they had an exposure.  I tested positive for the first time on 12-31-2021. Vax’d but not boosted.  Wife and both kids got it too but not as bad as me.

Got over most symptoms like cough/fever in 3 days with some meds but I’m still having the fatigue, dizziness, vertigo bullshit 2 weeks later though it’s been slowly getting better each day.  Feels like in drunk when I lay down and the room spins around me.

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wife and daughter have had it for a week. Me and the boy are still negative thanks to my superior genetics. The girls have had nothing more than a sore throat. I'm hoping this means Covid will soon be just another cold/flu we have to deal with each year from now on.

Oh ftr, I was double vaxxed in March but no booster yet. 

Wife was dbl vaxxed in January last year and boosted this November. 

Daughter was dbl vaxxed in November. 

Boy is 2 so no shots at all. 

I got my first J&J vax in mid December because I saw the omicron writing on the wall. I don’t see how anyone is going to avoid this one. With people able to carry and spread it for up to TWO WEEKS before they are symptomatic or testing positive, coupled with vaccines not protecting you from acquiring it, is just a recipe for it to spread like wildfire.

My first symptoms started around 5 am on Thursday. Was mostly fine until about 4 that afternoon. I basically had very minor symptoms with the exception of being physically lethargic, like barely moving at all for 36 hours. Never lost taste/smell, minor fever (99.4), very minor sore throat and that’s really about all.

By 5 pm on Saturday I was done with meds and up and doing shit. By this morning I was 100% done with it.

My GF started her symptoms last night about 11. She’s fully vaxxed and boosted. She is doing better than me in the tiredness/lethargy, but she is having more headache, more coughing. It’s been less than 24 hours since her onset, but she doesn’t feel like she has peaked yet.

Stay safe, degenerates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No positive test yet this entire pandemic but I feel my circle is closing ever so smaller with people I’m around almost daily Are getting it.

Test sites are swamped and my wife ordered at home tests so I’ll take one of when that gets here

Just FYI those home rapid tests are pretty shitty. Wife took 1 the day of her PCR test and 1 the day after and both were negative. PCR came back the next day positive. 

Not a big deal if you don't have symptoms. But if you think you might have it try to schedule a PCR. 

Pfizer 2 in April, delta breakthrough in July, booster in December. So far, so good for omicron.

My breakthrough was about 3 days of mild sinus infection-like symptoms, maybe a week of no smell, and one or two days where I got winded really easily. I never really had a cough except for dealing with the post-nasal drip.

I have had some strange and mostly minor health issues that have popped up post-COVID, and I wonder if they are lingering effects.

Had it in Jan 2021. Double vaxxed in April 2021 and not boosted. Tested negative before Christmas from PCR but felt like shit. I’m assuming it was the cron and just had a false negative test. If I had to choose, I’d rather catch omicron than the next variant as this one is pretty mild based on the available data. Give me all the natural immunity.

Came down with it last Sunday. Moderna'd in April and boosted 2nd week of December.

It is pretty stout. Symptoms started early Sunday with a scratchy throat, general stuffiness and headache. I took one of our home kit rapid tests and was negative. Overnight Sunday the shit hit the fan - cold chills, extreme body aches and hot flashy. Woke up with a low grade fever. I went straight to an urgent care and tested positive via PCR. Spent last week surfing the couch like a hacky, achy bum. Very moderate-to-severe flu like experience.

My 11 year old daughter then tested positive on Friday in the same exact manner and with the same symptoms (vaxxed in November). Negative with a rapid test but confirmed via PCR. Common threads:

- When the unexplained body aches start, hold onto your butts.

- Rapid tests are not reliable for this strain. Call around and find someone who does PCR.

13 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Anyone going to get Pfizer's new vaccine that is supposed to be effective against Omicron?

Feel like it's wayyyyyyyyyy to early to say on that. Would want to see:

1) efficacy

2) if Omicron is still a thing come March. If not, how does it work against the next variant

3) if the improvement is that much over being boosted

50/50 so far on the poll.

I had Delta. When expanded to my household, 66% of us have had it. When expanded to another family household that we're regularly in contact with throughout this (and who also is fairly careful of the risks), 75% have had it. None of us had it before Delta. Most didn't have it until Omicron.

Nope, or if I have I've never shown any symptoms and I've never tested positive.

It's pretty surprising to me as well. I teach in a public school that is currently getting slammed with it. I know I've had 10-15 kids in my room that have had it. I have coworkers that I interact with daily get it. My wife is also a teacher.

I have been booster jabbed, and I try to keep to myself as much as possible. So far the jabs plus my veteran teacher immunity has held up.

11 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Nah...

Got stuck in the ER for 36 hrs because they couldn't get anyone to get me some home O2.  Finally got some delivered at 0100 Saturday so I got to sleep in my own bed that night.

Just taking steroids and O2.  I feel mostly fine...until I start moving around and then I get tired REALLY quick.

Damn that sucks dude.  Are vaccinated at all?

5 hours ago, Bookman said:

I had it last week. Vaxxed/boosted with Pfizer. Was sick for two days. The phlegm tasted funny. The worse thing, by far, was the "brain fog." I never want to get that again.

I noticed that the drainage and phlegm had a very distinct taste too. Also a certain smell in my nostrils.

I had it 2 weeks ago. Symptoms started 4 days after my Pfizer booster. All my kids got it to. Ex's family decided to still have their Christmas party and new years eve party. It spread from there. Luckily her unvaxxed parents didn't get it. Wasn't to bad for any of us. 2 days of what I always call crud, just felt like shit like I do with allergies. Kids are vaxxed and older and in shape so they had a sore throat and sniffles.

12 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Tested positive Friday night (along with 11 yr old daughter). My symptoms started Wednesday. In a world without COVID I would have just chalked it up to allergies. Very relieved that it seems to have been mild for us. Wife tested negative but she has same symptoms. Read that false negatives are much more common so probably going to have her retest soon.

About to get tested. In same boat that I would normally chalk this up to allergies, but that’s how about 50% of the cases at work started. 

Pretty sure I had a late case of Delta in December....Double Pfizer vaxed, no booster. EXTREME lethargy, cough, odd sore throat combined with cough -- it was like the infection was confined to the bottom of my throat and the tops of my lungs. Also all kinds of sinus mayhem. Never had much of a fever, but the shortness of breath was a bitch. I am still not 100 percent.

Don’t think I’ve had it. Only had one PCR test in December of 2020 when I had a couple days of extreme fatigue but it was negative. Had a minor head cold before Thanksgiving but that was before Omicron got here. Other then that I haven’t been sick during the pandemic.

I did go to four restaurants this past weekend, so maybe it’ll finally get me.

my personal timeline.

2020: no issues thankfully.

2021: moderna 1 in march, moderna 2 in april; wife got j&j in april.

Early September 2021: 9 year old daughter got delta from classmate.  brutal week.  sucked shit.  she was miserable.  high fever, bad aches everywhere...miserable.  recovered after a week and a half.

Mid to Late October 2021: I got delta on a trip to Minneapolis.  Slightly scratchy throat for two days.  Absolutely no other symptoms.  Felt completely normal the whole time. Worked full days and just hung out outside.  Didn't test positive until Wednesday despite symptoms starting Monday.  Banged my wife twice in between, she never got it.  Crazy.

This past Saturday: 7 year old daughter sounded scratchy in the afternoon so i tested her and she was positive (presumably with cron).  pretty sure she got it from her 1st grade teacher but basically everyone we know has it so who the fuck knows.  anyway, very little in the way of symptoms so far thankfully...just a low fever and slight scratchiness in throat so far.  fingers crossed.

wife is actively trying to contract it from my 7 year old so she can just get it on her own terms during a good time for her to be "out" for a week.  can't seem to catch it.

• Like 1