Texas Primary March 1, Early voting Feb 14-25

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Steven Hotze sent me a mailer with a sample ballot so I just brought it with me and voted against all those people. Nice when someone else does the work for you.

Yep.  I have these neighbors two houses down who are huge trumpers (made their own sign that said "We believe in Trump and the truth" that they hung on their house last year).   I "research" election candidates simply by noting whose signs are in their yard, and then voting for whomever's running against those people.

10 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

Pretty shocked (guess I shouldn't be) that Tim O'Hare trounced Betsy Price in the R primary for Tarrant County judge.  O'Hare is toxic - he pushed a lot of anti-Hispanic measures as mayor of Farmers Branch, and when he ultimately failed there he moved to Southlake and reinvented himself as founder of the PAC that caused all the issues for Carroll ISD there (well documented in the 'Southlake' podcast).  He sent out mailers touting his support of Trump and painting Price as a flaming liberal (which is far from the truth) - and it clearly worked.  Given his support in Colleyville/Southlake/etc I doubt his D challenger will be able to beat him despite her support in Fort Worth.

This is a dangerous sign.  A solid/real/rational conservative (Betsy Price) is trounced by a party activist who plays out the CRT tropes and fellates Trump and Cruz.  None of his issues are the purvey of the county judge, but he doesn't care.  He has no clue how to govern