Texas Primary March 1, Early voting Feb 14-25

StassneyHorn

First time I’ve voted in a Republican since I was a child in my 30s.   Was weird, and I knew the volunteer and she looked at me funny when I requested a Republican ballot.  Will have to tell her why sometime.  

Was chuckling to myself when I voted for Huffines and George P.   

Probably not indicative of anything meaningful state-wide, but I’m standing in line to vote in District 2 and there have probably been over 100 voters in the democratic primary either voting or waiting, and maybe 10 on the Republican side. I’ve been waiting 20 minutes and Republicans are in and out with zero wait. 

On 2/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, Player said:

3) innocents being “murr-durred”.

Bush and Cockeye have both started airing negative ads against her.

When does the mud-slinging against Paxton begin?

I guess they're conceding that Paxton will make the runoff and see the race being for 2nd place?

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

First time I’ve voted in a Republican since I was a child in my 30s.   Was weird, and I knew the volunteer and she looked at me funny when I requested a Republican ballot.  Will have to tell her why sometime.  

if huffers becomes our governor i am going to be so pissed. 

With this wide of a gap, I think Huffines breaks off immediately and goes third party.  I thought he's save more face than this.  

Rep in the troll under-bridge community is very important to their kind. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

With this wide of a gap, I think Huffines breaks off immediately and goes third party.  I thought he's save more face than this.  

Please, please, please let this happen. Beto needs all the help he can get.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Same…..only time I’d ever vote for huffines or guzman is if it was a troll vote like I did during early voting.

14 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Can someone explain why this is good?  Is the rio grande valley really that progressive?

I just want to keep this seat blue if we can.

Add us up some turnout.

I'm too tired to fuck with it.

https://www.ksat.com/vote-2022/2022/03/01/election-results-2022-congress-us-rep-28-democrat-and-republican-primaries/

50 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That would be a neat trick. He's losing by over 50 points. 

I was listening to the Michael Berry show the other day and was surprised how anti-Abbott he has become and said he was supporting Huffines. I’m guessing neither Huffines nor any other of the challengers can get past Abbott’s name recognition and institutional support in the state. Lot of machine politics in this state on both sides. 

44 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Can someone explain why this is good?  Is the rio grande valley really that progressive?

I just want to keep this seat blue if we can.

District 28 only covers a small western piece of the RGV. The rest of it is districts 15 & 34. But to answer your question no, it’s not progressive at all. 

38 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just saw Matthew Dowd say that Trump endorsed 33 races in TX and all 33 people he endorsed will win or be the leader in their run off.  It shows Trump’s hold on the Republican Party in TX and I am sure it’s the same everywhere.

Didn't he endorse both George P and Paxton?

48 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just saw Matthew Dowd say that Trump endorsed 33 races in TX and all 33 people he endorsed will win or be the leader in their run off.  It shows Trump’s hold on the Republican Party in TX and I am sure it’s the same everywhere.

they were winning, with or without his endorsement 

• Hook 'Em 1

So Paxton and Bush in a run off. Any idea how that falls?

Seems like Bush, Guzman, and Gohmert all got sizable chunks of the vote. Will the Guzman/Gohmert vote go to Bush?

I figure the Gohmert vote would go over to Paxton given their mutual love of Trump? 

Yep.  Bush campaign is counting on Guzman voters coming over there plus the tiny tiny bit of Texans that will suddenly come out for Republican runoff.  Action will obviously hold his camp but the race will run on to cruxes.  Where will Gohmert voters go and will Paxton finally have a concrete indictment against him.  There is also the issue that he failed to properly launder money for drug cartels   Those folks aren’t always as patient as we voters are during a runoff session

So can somebody explain this to me.   Campaigns are not supposed to be able to campaign inside voting centers and give away stuff to voters.

There were tables with a bunch of tiny condoms on them.

How the hell was the Don Huffines campaign able to give those things away to people waiting to vote? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So can somebody explain this to me.   Campaigns are not supposed to be able to campaign inside voting centers and give away stuff to voters.

There were tables with a bunch of tiny condoms on them.

How the hell was the Don Huffines campaign able to give those things away to people waiting to vote? 

It’s not a condom if technically speaking, Huffines considers it a ‘Magnum’

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

Calling Abbott of all people a Marxist didn't work?

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So Paxton and Bush in a run off. Any idea how that falls?

Seems like Bush, Guzman, and Gohmert all got sizable chunks of the vote. Will the Guzman/Gohmert vote go to Bush?

I figure the Gohmert vote would go over to Paxton given their mutual love of Trump? 

No clue where the Rs will vote in the runoff.  I do think the most qualified candidate failed to make the cut, but I just didn't see the Rs voting for someone named Eva Guzman.

I'll be casting a very meh vote for George P.

Dallas County commissioner race got really interesting. I was expecting Andrew Sommerman to win but he got edged out by Michelle Ocker and they'll both move to a run off. Philip Kingston who was widely considered the favorite on name recognition got 17% of the vote. Looks like his popularity doesn't extend beyond his old city council district. 

Pretty shocked (guess I shouldn't be) that Tim O'Hare trounced Betsy Price in the R primary for Tarrant County judge.  O'Hare is toxic - he pushed a lot of anti-Hispanic measures as mayor of Farmers Branch, and when he ultimately failed there he moved to Southlake and reinvented himself as founder of the PAC that caused all the issues for Carroll ISD there (well documented in the 'Southlake' podcast).  He sent out mailers touting his support of Trump and painting Price as a flaming liberal (which is far from the truth) - and it clearly worked.  Given his support in Colleyville/Southlake/etc I doubt his D challenger will be able to beat him despite her support in Fort Worth.