Texas Primary March 1, Early voting Feb 14-25

StassneyHorn

In re: to Paxton, I’d prefer to take an incumbent out as quickly as possible. Especially him. But the thought of all that happening afterwards gives me something to look forward to and hype up and be disappointed in when it doesn’t happen

Edited by StassneyHorn

22 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Robert Morrow’s responses to the League of Women Voters guide are awesome.  Never before seen “watermelon sized titties” in the guide before.

And he was great on "Northern Exposure", but I absolutely love him on "Billions" 

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Robert Morrow’s responses to the League of Women Voters guide are awesome.  Never before seen “watermelon sized titties” in the guide before.

DISTRICT 5 Robert Morrow (R)

Qualifications: There is no candidate for Texas State Board of Education who cares more about watermelon-sized titties than does presidential historian Robert Morrow. I also am the president of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Institute for the Study of Presidential Crime.

Charter Schools: I don’t know that that impact is, you tell me? Whatever it is, I am completely opposed to charter schools. However I do support Texas high schools having “hot teacher” bikini contests every spring as a way of improving morale among the students. Charter school funding should go to supporting that. Pole dancing and twerking should be worked into the curriculum. Inclusive

Education: Candidate’s response did not meet the criteria as listed in this Voters Guide.

Recovery: Wish them well. Tell them “good luck” in the future. I have a plan to let the University of Alabama have a recruiting station embedded into every 6A high school in Texas. As for Texas A&M they should be forced to start transsexual, lactating linebackers in the spirit of “diversity, equity and inclusion.”

STEM program: I support teaching kids how to fart in Morse Code.

Other Issues: Sex education is a big one for me. It should scientifically based and age appropriate.I have a plan to let teenage mothers to have their babies in 9th grade biology class or the school auditorium, subject to a parental waiver. Teenage boys should be warned about the horrific dangers of masturbating with Elmer’s glue. As for the boobies, I love them soooooooo much! Campaign Website: http://www.facebook.com/Robert .Morrow.888/ 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

there's a good chance he'll be deemed ineligible for the runoff.  

Then wouldn't it be better there were no runoff?  I thought I read somewhere that if he makes the general and gets convicted or otherwise becomes ineligible the R's won't be able to renominate someone else (and this is why Gohmert is running).

16 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Then wouldn't it be better there were no runoff?  I thought I read somewhere that if he makes the general and gets convicted or otherwise becomes ineligible the R's won't be able to renominate someone else (and this is why Gohmert is running).

Actually I think I heard Gohmert himself say it on one of the local Sunday morning political shows.

From The Texan (I just was googling and found it; have never heard of the website before):

“From what we saw before I got in, it looked like [Paxton] might even be able to win without a runoff,” said Gohmert, adding that he is concerned the FBI “will probably wait until after the primary” and then indict Paxton because of an ongoing investigation.

In such a scenario, Gohmert argues that it would be too late to replace Paxton with a new nominee for attorney general, increasing the likelihood that Democrats win in the November general election.

Gohmert's argument appears to be that if the feds indict Paxton after the primary the R's won't have enough time to nominate a new candidate before the general election, and Paxton might lose if under the cloud of a federal indictment.

I had recalled him saying something stronger, i.e., that the R's would be prohibited from submitting a new nominee after having already nominated one.  Anyway....

Edited by DDD Dad

On 2/15/2022 at 3:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

Somehow, there are no Propositions on the Dem primary ballot.

But the GOP:

image.thumb.png.9284948911c44b22fedc20fc717ae20f.png

image.thumb.png.fe86cd63ec2694b44007b4dd313e73d2.png

The word coming down on Dems not having propositions this year was a decision based on the prediction more people would be forced to vote in person (due to voter suppression on VBM) and longer lines at polling places (due to voter suppression on limiting polling places and hours).  So not having props to sort through hopefully speeds up the process and shortens line length.     Also, as seen above, the Republicans have pretty much made a mockery out of any type of fair and balanced propositions aimed at serving everyone.  

If you are voting red, vote for that woman running for land commissioner.  She probably has the biggest Achille's heel.    I'd love to see Michael Lange or Jinny Suh debate that airhead.  Suh is pretty awesome.  I've had occasion to visit with her several times, and she is impressive.

https://www.jinnysuhfortexas.com/

On 2/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, DDD Dad said:

Actually I think I heard Gohmert himself say it on one of the local Sunday morning political shows.

From The Texan (I just was googling and found it; have never heard of the website before):

Gohmert's argument appears to be that if the feds indict Paxton after the primary the R's won't have enough time to nominate a new candidate before the general election, and Paxton might lose if under the cloud of a federal indictment.

I had recalled him saying something stronger, i.e., that the R's would be prohibited from submitting a new nominee after having already nominated one.  Anyway....

Of course Louie Gohmert is too stupid to understand that a federal indictment would be viewed as a badge of honor by Republican voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

LOL at Prop 2. 

Voting against all their waterhead props is a satisfying counterbalance to holding my nose and voting in the R primary

Same. I don’t believe for a second that my gop votes will alter their results but it always feels nice voting against their leaders.

I also believe that the new voting machines in Harris county are going to lead to wait times of hours in Harris county for presidential general elections. Not to mention that since the machines are printers, you know that will create jams and pc load errors.

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Same. I don’t believe for a second that my gop votes will alter their results but it always feels nice voting against their leaders.

I also believe that the new voting machines in Harris county are going to lead to wait times of hours in Harris county for presidential general elections. Not to mention that since the machines are printers, you know that will create jams and pc load errors.

I was so mad when I saw Harris County's voting machines last year. Travis County's new ones are great, but we get stuck with the only technology that hasn't advanced in a generation. Cool.

Any Houston area law folks have judges they want to stan?

Make families terrified of college for their children.  That's a really strong educational flex.  Next thing you know, high school is too big and scary too...'cept for football...right?

I dunno but I voted against all 10 of those ghastly props, For tits Mcgee, cuz tits and cray, and the Mogwai to hopefully get him to peal off 3rd party independents and start eating other gop people literally in is after midnight ads. Just straight chaos.

And against all incumbents not insane, and against that freak Jennifer Fleck. See you on the corner of Lohmans with your flag wierdo...

Felt less gross than I thought.
The rest of this cycle is going to suck

• Hook 'Em 1

Zapata County, with 2 days left of early voting and Election day still to go, has had more people vote in the Democratic primary than they had show up for the 2020 general election for Biden. Texas SOS website showing 1,864 have participated in the Dem primary, Biden only got 1,826 votes in the 2020 general. Only 34 people have participated in the Republican primary so far, after 2,033 showed up for Trump in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Zapata County, with 2 days left of early voting and Election day still to go, has had more people vote in the Democratic primary than they had show up for the 2020 general election for Biden. Texas SOS website showing 1,864 have participated in the Dem primary, Biden only got 1,826 votes in the 2020 general. Only 34 people have participated in the Republican primary so far, after 2,033 showed up for Trump in 2020.

Great news. Is there any other good news for dems across the state?

Makes you wonder if there was some shenanigans in ‘20 for Trump to take the Valley. Maybe a test run for state wide fraud in ‘24.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Makes you wonder if there was some shenanigans in ‘20 for Trump to take the Valley. Maybe a test run for state wide fraud in ‘24.

If shenanigans were to be had, the valley would be the place for it. 

And Guzman can eat a bag. I've never been impressed with her in any way, and I work in the courts. And this display... there used to be an idea that you'd run for office because you had convictions and ideals (lol I know) 

• Hook 'Em 1

We delayed and mucked about because of indecision over which primary ballot to select. I swore I wouldn't vote R again but we've been stymied by living in an overwhelmingly red district and finally decided to see if we can vote strategically. So, there will be several votes today going for hold your nose candidates so that we can swap in the general. As we were researching candidates, there is a lot of crazy up and down the ballot from local to statewide. Yuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, StassneyHorn said:

See there were machines switching votes in 2020 from Biden to Trump.

But seriously the messaging there must have been horrible for Biden for there to have been that much of a shift.

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Damn, expected better from Guzman than having to wait for Bush to answer emphatically. For as much as Bush went after Trump's endorsement that was surprising to see.

After her performance during my oral argument in front of her back in 2016 I'm not surprised.  She's probably the best option among those three, but what a Hobson's choice.

10 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

If shenanigans were to be had, the valley would be the place for it. 

And Guzman can eat a bag. I've never been impressed with her in any way, and I work in the courts. And this display... there used to be an idea that you'd run for office because you had convictions and ideals (lol I know) 

I've seen some of her answers and ads and her convictions are 1) I'm descendant of legal immigrants and 2) my husband...

Edited by TexasEd

I've seen some of her answers and ads and her convictions are 1) I'm descendant of legal immigrants and 2) my husband...

3) innocents being “murr-durred”.

Bush and Cockeye have both started airing negative ads against her.

When does the mud-slinging against Paxton begin?

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:
I missed early voting due to being uninformed, any non-subscription links to references for the GOP primary. I'm mostly interested in sabotage, but some local elections are probably too important to not have more information.
Dallas County
City of Garland

Dallas League Of Women Voters Guide

https://www.lwvdallas.org/

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Damn, expected better from Guzman than having to wait for Bush to answer emphatically. For as much as Bush went after Trump's endorsement that was surprising to see.

Why were you expecting better?  She mentions the fucking border wall in every single one of her mailers.