Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

2 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Disappointing result, obviously, but they demonstrated they could break through and at least get shots on goal. Overall, a fun match to watch.

This could have easily been a 3-3 draw, or just a 3-2 loss.

Gotta let it go and take care of business on Saturday.

Agreed. We go again. 

Fuck, it's been so long since we lost. Forgot what it feels like. 

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:
Lose ball
fall down
whistle blows

Quite a change from first half when they didnt whistle shit

Yeah, that's always going to be a sore spot for most of us because of how soft those fouls, or non-fouls for that matter, are.

Then you factor in guys like Keita getting scissored without issue and it just ruins the enjoyment. It's garbage.

Worse yet, us Stars fans get to likely endure another round of soft penalties and flops from STL tonight, while our boys get gutted.

Edited by LonghornJudas
  • Like 1

Crazy game...fun to watch...we needed bobby on earlier but we can still pull off miracle

The misses killed us but like stated above we know we can score on them and barca has collapsed before in 2nd leg

Lets crush them at anfield and........

GO LEICESTER!!!

• Like 1

Lol@ that ridiculous write up on espn...milner pissed messi off trying to get revenge from city v barca 4 years ago...and then we paid the price of angry messi...lmao what a crock

Dude buried phenomenal freekick and got a rebound to bounce right to him...good thing he was so mad about milner

We don't need a CB unless you plan on getting rid of one, and there's no need for that. 

I'd like to see an upgrade on a backup fullback other than Moreno. I've heard rumors Camacho might want to go but hopefully he can be a better backup to TAA this upcoming season.

We've been linked with some MFs. I can see us bringing in another attacking type. 

I'd like a better striker off the bench than what we currently have. There were a lot of links to Timo Werner a few weeks ago. Haven't heard much since about him. I've only watched him a little. Is he a good option to spell any of the front 3? Can he play striker and winger? I don't know.

If you're expecting a lot of moves this summer, I think you're going to be pretty disappointed. There will be several players that leave. 

5 minutes ago, Jograves said:

We don't need a CB unless you plan on getting rid of one, and there's no need for that. 

I'd like to see an upgrade on a backup fullback other than Moreno. I've heard rumors Camacho might want to go but hopefully he can be a better backup to TAA this upcoming season.

We've been linked with some MFs. I can see us bringing in another attacking type. 

I'd like a better striker off the bench than what we currently have. There were a lot of links to Timo Werner a few weeks ago. Haven't heard much since about him. I've only watched him a little. Is he a good option to spell any of the front 3? Can he play striker and winger? I don't know.

If you're expecting a lot of moves this summer, I think you're going to be pretty disappointed. There will be several players that leave. 

I'm assuming we'll be replacing some people. I'd like an upgrade over Lovren, certainly. Matip has shown enough this year that I'd like to see him stick around. Moreno will be gone, certainly - how long is Milner's contract for? I feel like he's getting phased out except in cases of injury or rest at this point. Ox will be back which puts more #'s in front of him in MF. I've seen us linked with both Werner and Brandt (who has a super affordable buyout apparently). Sturridge will be out and perhaps Origi, as well?

Edited by Bodowned

I don't see Lovren leaving unless he wants to. He's a serviceable 4th CB, if he's not injured. His wages are high but the club is raking it in right now. I read an article linking him to an Italian club not long ago. 

Moreno is gone. He'll go back to Spain would be my guess. 

Transfermarkt says Milner's contract expires this summer. I can see him resigning at lower wages. He provides a lot of cover.

I think both Daniel and Divock are gone. Sturridge's contract is up this summer too. He'll go to West Ham or a similar level club probably. Divock's deal is up next summer but there's probably a little return they can get for him. 

Harry Wilson had a nice year for Derby County. 14 goals in 37 appearances. I don't know if LFC thinks he's good enough, but he could be some cover. Grujic also had a nice season in Germany. I don't know what they'll do with him. Klopp clearly values Rhiann Brewster too. He could a 3rd choice striker option. 

We'll need a backup keeper too. Just thought of that. Migs is likely gone. 

Everyone is talking about Messi's free kick but this is how he got it. Haven't seen  Liverpool fans bring it up.

Thanks for pointing this out. Was watching on my phone at work and thought it looked like he ran into and created the contact.

Just when it was all clicking for Keita. Sucks. 

I saw the FSG is giving Ox an additional year on his contract since he missed the time due to his injury. A nice gesture from them. 

Edited by mdmost

22 minutes ago, pied said:

He punched Fabinho, but Fabinho just got in his way to prevent the run.  That gets called every time (almost).

Yeah. Truth.

I think we are all just salty from the rolling around / non calls on Barca. Let's face it, they are Barca. They are going to get calls.

43 minutes ago, pied said:

He punched Fabinho, but Fabinho just got in his way to prevent the run.  That gets called every time (almost).

Come on Fabinho obviously head butted Messi's fist the video evidence is right there for all to see. 

21 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah. Truth.

I think we are all just salty from the rolling around / non calls on Barca. Let's face it, they are Barca. They are going to get calls.

Yep if it ended 3-3 or pretty much anything other than 3-0 we aren't as salty with what occurred. The only bright spot is knowing as well as we played and having an outside chance of repeating that at home and just finishing those chances we had. The only real kick in the nuts is the away goal tally. D has to be lights out especially on counters.  

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Just when it was all clicking for Keita. Sucks. 

I saw the FSG is giving Ox an additional year on his contract since he missed the time due to his injury. A nice gesture from them. 

3rd injury this year as well which is concerning.

I don't see Lovren leaving unless he wants to. He's a serviceable 4th CB, if he's not injured. His wages are high but the club is raking it in right now. I read an article linking him to an Italian club not long ago. 
Moreno is gone. He'll go back to Spain would be my guess. 
Transfermarkt says Milner's contract expires this summer. I can see him resigning at lower wages. He provides a lot of cover.
I think both Daniel and Divock are gone. Sturridge's contract is up this summer too. He'll go to West Ham or a similar level club probably. Divock's deal is up next summer but there's probably a little return they can get for him. 
Harry Wilson had a nice year for Derby County. 14 goals in 37 appearances. I don't know if LFC thinks he's good enough, but he could be some cover. Grujic also had a nice season in Germany. I don't know what they'll do with him. Klopp clearly values Rhiann Brewster too. He could a 3rd choice striker option. 
We'll need a backup keeper too. Just thought of that. Migs is likely gone. 

Pearce reported Milner's contract find out next summer. Not sure who's right but there's a lot we could do with his wages so I'm hoping 2019.

35 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Pearce reported Milner's contract find out next summer. Not sure who's right but there's a lot we could do with his wages so I'm hoping 2019.

That's weird. I even checked my work on transfermarkt this morning after I cocked it up the other day. I would guess Pearce is right though.

Can the rational Pool fans get a handle on boner21?  He's embarrassing himself in the Champions League thread.  
Its the internet lol...nothing is serious and i like arguing on my hilltop sometimes

Checkout my work in tom brady thread

Worried about the Newcastle game tomorrow. We ran our asses off against Barca and Rafa has Newcastle playing about as well as they can right now. Firmino being banged up and Naby being out are big losses. Also doesnt help that’s barca can play their under-17 team this weekend if they want to. 

Wouldn't shock me to see Ox in the starting lineup given the Keita injury and everyone else having to run their asses off against Barca. But if there was ever a time to not take your eye off the ball, it's with Rafa waiting to unleash something on us. Good thing TAA is rested. Need the defense to be tight. 

Edited by mdmost