Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Klopp needs to use the break to figure why we we're not creating anything on in attack.

a79b0cd94f6cef48b344af13fcd2c965.png

Weird to say it, but our defense has actually carried us this season and has covered up for our mediocre attack. We just aren’t creating a high volume of clear cut chances in open play and really haven’t since the West Ham match to start the year. 

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Lack of Ox?

I'd frame it as a lack of quality in the midfield in general. The trio of Gini/milner/hendo while serviceable isn't going to scare anyone with their ability in possession/going forward. Mane and Firmino continue to drop excessively deep to gather the ball because they aren't getting service. Some of the best attacking opportunities we've had this season have come from the CBs bypassing the midfield altogether. 

Happy to be going into the break without a L and level with Chelsea and City but our lack of attack with the quality of our front 3 is concerning.

18 hours ago, maninblack said:

I'd frame it as a lack of quality in the midfield in general. The trio of Gini/milner/hendo while serviceable isn't going to scare anyone with their ability in possession/going forward. Mane and Firmino continue to drop excessively deep to gather the ball because they aren't getting service. Some of the best attacking opportunities we've had this season have come from the CBs bypassing the midfield altogether. 

Happy to be going into the break without a L and level with Chelsea and City but our lack of attack with the quality of our front 3 is concerning.

100% correct. Our midfield is great against mid table teams but will let us down against the top of the table. Perhaps Klopp needs to consider a formation change.

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

100% correct. Our midfield is great against mid table teams but will let us down against the top of the table. Perhaps Klopp needs to consider a formation change.

You mean like Tottenham, Chelsea, PSG and City? Those mid-table teams?

I think Klopp is stuck between two worlds. He knows Keita should be in there but Keita may just not be ready for it yet. Henderson, Milner and Gini are serviceable. That's the problem. They won't give away a game but they won't make the other team worry. I'm still wondering what we're doing with Fabinho. That's a lot of money to still be a late 80 minute substitution. 

Today is the 3 year anniversary of Klopp coming on as manager. 

Edited by mdmost

I think it boils down to the run of games we've had. It's the toughest run anyone has had to this point and it'll be our toughest all season. He's had a couple of players he's had to bed in and there isn't as many days to train when the team plays twice in a week. Also, mib is right in that this was probably a game too far for Milner. We play the bottom of the table, the worst team in our CL group, and Arsenal over the next month. Hopefully that gets our front 3 firing. 

There's a lot to be positive about, in my mind. We've given up 3 league goals and 1 was the Alisson boner. We're good. 

Re: Fabinho, look at how long it took for Klopp to get Ox and Robertson regular minutes. It's a long, long season, with a crazy 2-3 week period in the middle when you play every 3 days. Fabinho will get his time, likely immediately following this international break.

Keita has been pedestrian so far. I couldn't have been more excited about his signing but he's really struggled out the gate. Not sure what else Klopp could do with our midfield. 

44 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I think it boils down to the run of games we've had. It's the toughest run anyone has had to this point and it'll be our toughest all season. He's had a couple of players he's had to bed in and there isn't as many days to train when the team plays twice in a week. Also, mib is right in that this was probably a game too far for Milner. We play the bottom of the table, the worst team in our CL group, and Arsenal over the next month. Hopefully that gets our front 3 firing. 

There's a lot to be positive about, in my mind. We've given up 3 league goals and 1 was the Alisson boner. We're good. 

No question. That was a heck of a run and we are in a good position. But I'm still hoping that Klopp sees the importance of pushing some matches. Milner/Henderson/Gini are a decent holding midfield, but just aren't giving the service that our front 3 deserve.

1 hour ago, Jograves said:

giphy.gif

On 10/8/2018 at 7:52 AM, 406W30th said:

Re: Fabinho, look at how long it took for Klopp to get Ox and Robertson regular minutes. It's a long, long season, with a crazy 2-3 week period in the middle when you play every 3 days. Fabinho will get his time, likely immediately following this international break.

Keita has been pedestrian so far. I couldn't have been more excited about his signing but he's really struggled out the gate. Not sure what else Klopp could do with our midfield. 

Get out of a flat 3

• Like 1

Obviously don't want Mo to miss any sort of extended time, but given the funk that's currently enveloping the attack, a forced change might not be the worst thing in the world. With both Milner and Salah out, we have to see some fresh faces. 

I can't help but think that Klopp has been targeting these next few weeks for bringing in Fabinho. No idea if he played for Brasil over the break or if he was back at Melwood, but if it's the latter then you have to think we'll see his first PL start before long.

14 hours ago, 406W30th said:

The entire attack is. Maybe Shaqiri and a midfield shakeup can give us a shot in the arm.

6 fewer goals than Man City

Man City goals so far

Liverpool - 0

Brighton- 2

Cardiff- 5

Fullham- 3

Newcastle- 2

Wolves- 1

Huddersfield- 6

Arsenal- 2

Liverpool goals so far-

Man City- 0

Chelsea- 1

Saints- 3

Spurs- 2

LC- 2

Brighton- 1

Crystal- 2

West Ham- 4

Man City has played the bottom four teams on the table and Liverpool hasn't played any of them yet. It's early, the attack will be fine and they will get their goals.