What it Takes to FEED the UT Athletics at the $7.5M TANC Facility (video)

TheMailBox357

Today Sports Dissected is welcomed to Austin, Texas by Assistant AD of Sports Dietitian & Clinical Wellness, Amy Culp, for a tour of the TANC (Texas Athletic Nutrition Center). UT renovated the TANC in 2015 during a time of significant change in the NCAA feeding guidelines that allowed schools to provide unlimited snacks as well as meals incidental to a student-athlete’s participation in athletics. “Every athlete - no matter the sport - gets the same level of care here at the TANC,” Culp says.

Sports Dissected brings you a look at sports from the inside out.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If the food they are serving that day “is not in the ‘flavor profile’ they want.”

I give up.

This is a bit different than when I was eating a Jester as a freshman in 1979. The athletic dining hall didn’t serve breakfast, so - not surprisingly - that was the best meal they served at Jester. Jester also served steak for lunch on Sunday because the athletic dining hall wasn’t open on Sunday.  My sister convinced me that that I would like Jester for one main reason…Sunday steaks. That changed about one month into the fall semester when they immediately stopped serving steaks after the ADH opened for Sunday lunch. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor