2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Minnesota in huge trouble. 

I'll still be happy to see Minnesota gone. Their block with Landfair seems like the type team that would give Texas issues when they're on. 

Either one of these teams was going to be a challenge. 

All I was concerned with was one of them making it to the Elite Eight. I didn't want to face San Diego or Stanford with USC as the best competition we'd faced in our regional. 

All of these regional finals look like wars to me. The Texas regional will be no different.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Londot is playing incredible but a lot of these are very diggable. Minnesota has not played well in this match. 

I never have liked Minnesota's floor defense as much as Ohio State's.

Murr suffering a knee injury and being held out was a huge contributing factor to their 4 match loss streak. She still looked gimpy in their last two matches, but she's looked good here. 

I got crushed early in the year on volleytalk for saying I liked Murr more than Minnesota's McGraw. I mean, people came out of the woodwork to have a go at me, but I stuck to my guns. It's been extremely gratifying to see the mainstream consensus come around to agree with me. 

Okay. So our potential regional final opponent has been determined.

This was a huge win for Ohio State. Oldenburg is only in her third year. They made the Sweet Sixteen her first two years. She scheduled every single one of last year's Elite Eight teams, including Texas twice, in an effort to compete better in the Big 10 and to move on to the Elite Eight. 

I'd like to say that grueling schedule has just paid off. Don't know if that's the case or not, but whatever the reason, they've moved on.

BTW, other than Elliott, Oldenburg is my favorite coach. I love her vibe on the sideline and her attitude in press conferences. So happy to see her have success. 

That said, I hope Texas rips their heart out and shoves it down their throat on Saturday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn... are we really stuck listening to Beth for the Texas match ??

giphy.gif

FUCK...

I don't know how to break it to you, but this is the group for the semifinals and finals as well. If ESPN does its usual thing, it may be for the foreseeable future. 

I should get clarity on who you mean by Beth. It's Courtney Lyle and Holly McPeak.

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't know how to break it to you, but this is the group for the semifinals and finals as well.    I should get clarity on who you mean by Beth. It's Courtney Lyle and Holly McPeak.

Yeah... I was wrong not Beth.

Wow Courtney sounds like she trained listening to Beth...  Wow

Edited by LTtxfan

That is a fact, jack.
The two matches in Austin are on ESPN2. The other matches are on ESPNU. 
I THINK the matches on Saturday are ESPNU, then the semifinals and finals next week are ESPN2. 
I'm getting Baylor and Louisville and it's telling me Texas is on ESPN+

Edit: maybe this is just a highlight show, coming back from lunch so not entirely focused on this app

1 minute ago, elfenix said:
6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:
That is a fact, jack.
The two matches in Austin are on ESPN2. The other matches are on ESPNU. 
I THINK the matches on Saturday are ESPNU, then the semifinals and finals next week are ESPN2. 

I'm getting Baylor and Louisville and it's telling me Texas is on ESPN+

I get that, but I'm telling you every outside citation for this game, from the official Texas website, to the NCAA, to ESPN, to CBS Sports...whatever source you want to go to other than your guide, says ESPN2. I'm counting on it being on ESPN2.

Every match is ALSO going to be shown on ESPN+. They'll also be available after their conclusion, like all ESPN+ content is. 

That said, I am not the producer actually responsible for what shows up on ESPN2, so if the person in charge decides they want something different regardless of what they've communicated to every outlet under the sun, then I have no control over that. 

• Like 1

It ain't on yet. 9 minutes to go. 
Are you guys new to how ESPN does this stuff?
No, just on my phone looking at a small part of the screen and only half paying attention so I can marvel at my boss's route-picking skill while also somewhat participating in whatever inane conversation he's having with me
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1