2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

Just now, Js1 said:

Half of Saturday's teams are through - Texas/Ohio State and Louisville/Oregon

Florida up 2-0 on Pitt.  #2 seeds aren't having a good day - Minny lost, Nebraska lost, Pitt down 0-2

Good. Fuck Minnesota.  I had to read some dope on Twitter every week saying they should be ranked 1. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

What time and channel for Saturday match?

5pm, ESPNU

Louisville Regional Final at 3pm on ESPNU
Texas Regional Final at 5pm on ESPNU
Wisconsin Regional Final at 7pm on ESPNU
Stanford Regional Final at 9pm on ESPNU

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Can someone explain why there’s so many High profile transfer in volleyball. Not complaining as I remember skinner being great at UK and am glad she’s with us

Because most of these girls probably won't go pro (Europe maybe) so you might as well leverage your ability to get a better degree.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Can someone explain why there’s so many High profile transfer in volleyball. Not complaining as I remember skinner being great at UK and am glad she’s with us

Same reasons as any other sport. High profile transfers in all of them.

First you have coaching changes. Then lack of playing time or desire for an increased role. Coaches pushing players out to make room for other ones. Returning home. Higher profile program. Better chance at a championship. Change of scenery. Change in school for academic reasons for grad school. Playing with family. Etc..

It's not completely clear why Skinner wanted to transfer. Kentucky is a top tier program that just won another SEC title. They have a reputation for strong development. They have a good setter in Grome. They just won the national championship a couple of years ago.

But her older sister transferred to Baylor the year before. She allegedly wanted to play the left pin and Kentucky had her on the right. 

It's been documented she had no desire to play in state in general or to go to Texas specifically. Elliott convinced her to simply give Austin/UT a look. Molly Phillips came back from her Christmas vacation to show Skinner around campus, even though there weren't any students. She fell in love with the place and realized she had the wrong impression of what UT was (I don't know what she means by that - don't care). Chose to transfer to Texas right there and then.

Prior to that the rumor was she was strongly favoring UCLA, whose coach just recently resigned after the Bruins missed the tournament entirely, so it looks like a really good move all around. 

I don't think there are too many inexplicable transfers out there, although there are a shit ton in total. I'm curious to see what happens over the next couple of weeks with this next crop.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Same reasons as any other sport. High profile transfers in all of them.

First you have coaching changes. Then lack of playing time or desire for an increased role. Coaches pushing players out to make room for other ones. Returning home. Higher profile program. Better chance at a championship. Change of scenery. Change in school for academic reasons for grad school. Playing with family. Etc..

It's not completely clear why Skinner wanted to transfer. Kentucky is a top tier program that just won another SEC title. They have a reputation for strong development. They have a good setter in Grome. They just won the national championship a couple of years ago.

But her older sister transferred to Baylor the year before. She allegedly wanted to play the left pin and Kentucky had her on the right. 

It's been documented she had no desire to play in state in general or to go to Texas specifically. Elliott convinced her to simply give Austin/UT a look. Molly Phillips came back from her Christmas vacation to show Skinner around campus, even though there weren't any students. She fell in love with the place and realized she had the wrong impression of what UT was (I don't know what she means by that - don't care). Chose to transfer to Texas right there and then.

Prior to that the rumor was she was strongly favoring UCLA, whose coach just recently resigned after the Bruins missed the tournament entirely, so it looks like a really good move all around. 

I don't think there are too many inexplicable transfers out there, although there are a shit ton in total. I'm curious to see what happens over the next couple of weeks with this next crop.

This feels far too informed for this site. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Because most of these girls probably won't go pro (Europe maybe) so you might as well leverage your ability to get a better degree.

Kinda. There are a ton of professional opportunities outside the United States. Doesn't have to be Europe.

Brionne Butler played her first year in Indonesia (she's in Italy now). 

Every one of UT's 5 "seniors" honored on senior night want to go pro, including Ewert (didn't play much) and Caffey (too short for a middle and 25 years old).