LEEDS 2022-23: Marsching On Together

Napoleon

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

Aaronson has a relegation clause in his contract evidently so he’s gone too.

I don’t know if he ran out of gas or what, but he started the season nicely. 

He showed that he could play in the Premier League and then he showed that he couldn’t. 

I can’t imagine that Leeds would even get €20M for him. 

They are going to take a bath on Aaronson. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alincoln said:

Aaronson has a relegation clause in his contract evidently so he’s gone too.

Probably depends on what the clause is at. I doubt they agreed to put a relegation release clause much lower than the ~€32m they paid for him. Seems like the agent floating that out there to try and generate interest.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He showed that he could play in the Premier League and then he showed that he couldn’t. 

His big strength is his running. He fits really well into a pressing side. They went away from that after Marsch.

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.png.5fe6584551637c0c6fa90d23d88597d7.png

Tyler Adams definitely got them relegated.

By not playing. 

Their issue was their back 4. McKennie wasn't great but he was thrown into a bad situation and then had to play under 3 different managers. And they kept starting him so he obviously wasn't that shitty. He'll be fine somewhere else. He had nice stretches with Juve. 

Aaronson was never one of their main issues. I watched him put in a great shift not that long ago. He'll be fine as well - and he's just 21. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

His big strength is his running. He fits really well into a pressing side. They went away from that after Marsch.

Agreed. A-Aron plays with limitless energy. There's some skill, but often not as much as required.

Brenden succeeds through sheer workrate, It's a shotgun approach to scoring and facilitating, i.e., create enough chances and, sooner or later, something will find the back of the net.

He was in the top 90% in the EPL in dribbles and passing but they had no options moving forward once Rodrigo went down. Not saying that’s great or anything but when constant effort leads to no reward it can result in a long season.

Bamford is complete garbage and if the strategy is for Aaronson and Harrison to pass to each other then you can’t expect all that much.

Leeds ownership also seemed to have little clue to what they wanted to do. Leaving the EPL for France would be a good thing for right. Is for him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Their issue was their back 4. McKennie wasn't great but he was thrown into a bad situation and then had to play under 3 different managers. And they kept starting him so he obviously wasn't that shitty. He'll be fine somewhere else. He had nice stretches with Juve. 

He was absolutely that shitty.  One of the worst passers in Europe's Big 5 leagues.  He has been in steady decline since the 2020-2021 season and is running out of chances.  He was clearly playing a role he is incapable of out of necessity due to the Adams injury.  He needs to identify a perfect situation next season where he can play as a marauding 8 surrounded by elite distributors or he is MLS bound.

• Hook 'Em 1