LEEDS 2022-23: Marsching On Together

Napoleon

Supposedly this was the #4 Choice, and by all accounts it would have been an awful choice, because this guy had a horrible record at Ajax… where it is virtually impossible to have an awful record due to the inherent advantages that Ajax has over its Dutch adversaries. 

Leeds likely dodged a bullet. I could see the Three Amigos managing through the end of the season. 

467F8EB1-3243-47D8-9996-D7949175D8F3.thumb.jpeg.1d1c19234ff253e662121cb3bbd6d9b1.jpeg

83D77DD7-1741-4BAB-9F4E-9E641227FCF4.thumb.jpeg.53936405f2afc1e09bed56fad1aab2f0.jpeg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64624062

Sexy Beast is back and on a rant! 😆

Oh, and initially Steven Gerrard wasn’t interested in following Marsch at 17th place Leeds, but was interested in the 20th place Southampton job.

Im guessing that he knew that the players would see what a moron he is in a flash and then they would go down. Taking over a 20th place squad that has fired two managers already this season was probably a safer job.

Well, I've been "lucky" enough to catch the last 3 games all the way through.  Geesh.  If you're watching because of the American players, I guess you're happy because it's just like watching the US National team (lately).

• No clear tactics
  • Hustling, over-their-heads defensive midfield (Weston and Tyler)
  • No offense whatsoever
  • Continue playing a guy at the 9 (*Bamford) that has no business even being on the field
  • In a game that needs a goal, leave one of your truly creative players (Aaronson) on the bench until the 70th minute

*I've only seen bits and pieces of Leeds until these last 3 games.  If this guy has done something to warrant all the playing time before I was able to watch, I apologize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Leeds won after being down 0-1 at home. 

This time last week they were in 14th place. 

Then they lost 3-0 over the weekend and dropped to 18th place. 

Then they won today and the other shitty teams around them lost and they are up to 13th place. Crazy times. 

IMG_0248.thumb.jpeg.3ca4c94a4d9f0bfb09bf2e3e7f15aa31.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Leeds is ever-so-thankful that Nottingham Forest h gave up a goal in the 4th minute of 2nd half stoppage time…

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.3915a7b11079fb48fdc95c2b0b8ad7dd.jpeg

…or the boys from Elland Road would be back in the relegation zone at the end of the day on Monday no matter what the result is between Everton & Leicester.

IMG_1360.thumb.jpeg.5b325c7297e2eed0583627307b4f9302.jpeg

Nottingham conceding late  may just be what saves Leeds in 4 weeks’ time. (If not sooner.)

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Every long throw in by Weston McKennie is an illegal throw in. I’m surprised that the red lets him get away with it every time. The side spin on the ball as it flies through the air tells you all that you need to know. 

Thank you.  I was wondering if I had gone crazy.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

And it's gone

Not much to be done there.  3rd trailer was open.  BTW, did you see how bad the angle was that Ayling just took on that breakaway?  Should have led to the 2nd goal for WH.

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Every long throw in by Weston McKennie is an illegal throw in. I’m surprised that the red lets him get away with it every time. The side spin on the ball as it flies through the air tells you all that you need to know. 

“red” should be “ref”.

4 minutes ago, joe dirt said:

hoping wes sticks around somewhere in PL and adams gets sold somewhere decent too. 

McKennie is only on loan there.  Someone posted a rumor that Brighton want to sign him.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Someone's getting TA for a steal with them getting relegated. 

Yeah, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I think it could be good for AAronson to stay and play full time in the championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's not quite over but the fat lady is warming up.  Leeds has to beat Spurs and have Everton lose to Bournemouth next Sunday.  They also need Leicester to take no more than 3 points from their last 2 games.

Weston was awful at Leeds.  Dude needs to get his head out of his ass or he will be in MLS in two years.  Leeds fans hate him. 

Tyler is on to bigger and better things elsewhere likely in the EPL

Aaronson is going to the Championship.  Awful season for him as well. I

• Hook 'Em 1