LEEDS 2022-23: Marsching On Together

Napoleon

Considering the team manager (Jesse Marsch), the spark plug (Brenden Aaronson), and the defensive general at the 6 (Tyler Adams) are American 🇺🇸 and one of their main offensive threats was developed in the MLS (Jack Harrison 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)…

…there should be a Leeds thread. 

Starting after Leeds pounds Chelsea 3-0 with all goals having MLS involvement:

1-0 : Brenden’s first official Leeds goal on a hustle play after his own turnover.

2-0 Jack Harrison notches an assist from a curling free kick delivery on Rodrigo’s header.

3-0 : Jack Harrison knocks in a rebound as he slides to the ground in front of the goal.

I am not a lifelong Leeds fan by any means, but they are now my favorite team in Europe. 

This season is going to be fun!

image.thumb.png.6f7cd38a1d0766d518c0a993666d1e56.png

image.jpeg.e76efa2312892c811286332b266d256a.jpeg

image.jpeg.70ca88c80ea8f36692ffe4bcccf5b462.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.58b529f7909f611f1c3b5e171775b83e.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, midtown said:

If I hadn't picked my PL team 5 years ago and spent thousands on travel, matches, and merch I'd be all aboard the LEEDS train

You can root for multiple teams. For example: Chelsea, Leeds, whoever is playing either Manchester team, Liverpool or Arsenal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This. I'm always rooting for Leeds, except 2 days out of the year. But I'm a Spurs fan. Leeds is getting my interest. I'm also glad this thread has more posts in 1 day than the Citeh thread will probably have in total (Ok, 1 for every game, so 38 + 6 UCL games and their 1 round KO flameout).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

This. I'm always rooting for Leeds, except 2 days out of the year. But I'm a Spurs fan. Leeds is getting my interest. I'm also glad this thread has more posts in 1 day than the Citeh thread will probably have in total (Ok, 1 for every game, so 38 + 6 UCL games and their 1 round KO flameout).

I mean they were playing Chelsea today and I couldn't even get mad at that Aaronson goal. 

I'm not stoked that we look like a flaming sack of cat diarrhea but that goal was awesome. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

You can root for multiple teams. For example: Chelsea, Leeds, whoever is playing either Manchester team, Liverpool or Arsenal. 

or for example: SOUTHAMPTON, then Leeds, and then rooting for Non Top 6 teams around you to lose (which means you have to bite hard and root for the likes of Man U, Liverpool, City, and Chelsea)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

This game is getting FEISTY! 

Aaronson with an assist to make it 1-1 in the 2nd half. Fights almost breaking out a few times now. 

Gordon deserved the push back on that last issue too.

Aaronson got lucky his turnover did lead to a non-offsides goal.

5 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Harrison should have come off and not Aaronson. 

Thank you.  I was wondering if my lack of knowledge of the team + my love for the Yanks was muddying my opinion.  I mean, it'd be nice if Aaronson got just half of the service he sends to his teammates each game.  

Aaronson plays his ass off virtually every minute he's on the pitch. It's a long season and he's going to get run in the remaining int'l friendlies and especially in Qatar. 

I think he's played about the right amount so far. Marsch doesn't want to run him into a wall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Aaronson plays his ass off virtually every minute he's on the pitch. It's a long season and he's going to get run in the remaining int'l friendlies and especially in Qatar. 

I think he's played about the right amount so far. Marsch doesn't want to run him into a wall. 

Its a fine balance with Brentford and Nottingham Forest coming up. I agree about the minutes, but Leeds had a chance for 3 points and Harrison wasn't going to get that for them. He was bad for the most part all day today. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

image.thumb.png.0a347292a4aa0e13454b34047180b91b.png
She is very talented.

You can tell from all of the alterations that she has made to her appearance that she is really dedicated to the cause. 

And I appreciate her dedication. I feel that her dress may soon be stained  from others showing their appreciation. 

D2049DC6-E4D5-43D4-8043-7C3CECBDC3A1.thumb.jpeg.a9d8fac264451fa19f5cc35afaa4ec53.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

• 4 weeks later...
Marsh in serious trouble. 2 points in the last 8 matches. In the relegation zone.  

liverpool, spurs, city, newcastle- 4 of Leeds opponents in the next 5 matches. 

They need a #9 in the worst way possible. Rodrigo is solid but Bamford is fucking trash. It was though that they were leading for Cody Gakpo at PSV but I think that is gone now too this winter.

6 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

They need a #9 in the worst way possible. Rodrigo is solid but Bamford is fucking trash. It was though that they were leading for Cody Gakpo at PSV but I think that is gone now too this winter.

Funny. Southampton needs a #9 in the worst way too and thought they had Gakpo on the hook as well until it all fell apart on deadline day. 

that ship has sailed for Leeds and Saints though as Gakpo is quality and has played his way into the top 6 clubs’ sights. 

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1