Upcoming Texas Youth Summit

Macanudo

31 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So who went?

I saw one clip of hobgoblin MTG but perhaps they just played the hits so no new racism or xenophobia beyond the standard fare. 

The one guy I know that went told me that it was about half grown ass adults and only half youth.  and it was about half empty.  I don't like fractions so we switched to Texas football.  Appropriate that creepy middle-aged dudes like Gaetz and my buddy were in a hotel with underage girls.  We can all reasonably assume the program's  contents.  He went 'cause he's a political junkie.  But also half creepy.  

He did tell me they were pressing the shit out of this event next month in the RGV.  Said every single speaker almost hyped this event uP:

https://www.texasyouthsummit.com/events  (oct 22 in Weslaco where I still have family).  Stage full of elected officials terrifying 12 year old kids that rapists and murders that look like them, are coming across the border ilegally to get them.  Real nice.  And that if they don't cling to Jesus, Guns, and Trump...there'll be no more America.  

On 8/29/2022 at 5:09 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

We had that on the UT campus as well around 2000 or so. And you know what, it stayed up and those people were allowed to to their disgusting business. Some felt the need to organize an impromptu protest across the street (this setup wasn’t south or west mall, it was on speedway near Gregory.)

nobody attacked them, nobody vandalized their stuff. They weren’t even getting yelled at the time I walked by. 

I was there in the same time period. Those guys were on campus every year without fail. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Crazy how MTG, Boebert and Gaetz have become the defacto top speakers for the conservative movement. And Cawthorn was the 4th until he went crazy.

I guess that in today's world, it doesn't pay to be the well respected (arguably) back bencher that works for your constituents. 

He was always crazy, it's just that they finally unleashed oppo research on him and he lost his primary

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Crazy how MTG, Boebert and Gaetz have become the defacto top speakers for the conservative movement. And Cawthorn was the 4th until he went crazy.

I guess that in today's world, it doesn't pay to be the well respected (arguably) back bencher that works for your constituents. 

Or a lot of saner Republicans don’t want to be associated with the batshittery that MTG, Boebert, and Gaetz are willing to get mired in.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Or a lot of saner Republicans don’t want to be associated with the batshittery that MTG, Boebert, and Gaetz are willing to get mired in.