Upcoming Texas Youth Summit

Macanudo

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

TYS+Event+Graphic+Revised.png+.png?forma

Man, this looks so fuckin' cool. I can't wait.  Too bad Brian Kilmeade can't make it, although I don't know if I could handle that much star power in one place.

6 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The right-wing culture warrior shit has gotten so ridiculous that the basic tenets they teach little kids when they go to school -- "Be kind, respect others who are different, don't discriminate" -- is now woke and therefore the godly way is to be hateful to those who are different. The right is a disease. 

A disease is something you didn’t mean to catch and can in theory do something about.  These people DO NOT WANT TO FIND REALITY. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  I get negged and I'm among the biggest proponents of public schools on here.

Can't call a spade a spade, i guess.  Too threatening... 

Pile on you fucking pussies.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I only piled on because of the lie.  

Former GOP Chair once said "facts have a liberal bias" but he also parted with the party due to the shift to a personality cult along with the embracing of very fine people amongst the neo-nazis.   

17 hours ago, slorch said:

Meh.  The left owns their indoctrination in the schools and universities.

Tis but a BB-gun vs a tank in the grand scheme of things, but let's wring our hands...

Did you suggest, with a straight face, that schools and universities are better at indoctrination than...  Churches?

I mean, maybe at aggy, but absolutely nowhere else is that true.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The right-wing culture warrior shit has gotten so ridiculous that the basic tenets they teach little kids when they go to school -- "Be kind, respect others who are different, don't discriminate" -- is now woke and therefore the godly way is to be hateful to those who are different. The right is a disease. 

I keep coming back to the boomers being to blame.  Way too many of them are just selfish as fuck, up to and including fucking around with retirement ages, Social Security, Medicare, etc. but it only applies to the generations coming behind them.  Way too many are just angry about everything, and they work each other up over social media.  A lot of it has to be fear, that they are feeling vulnerable because most are retired and maybe on fixed incomes, and they think it’s all going to be taken away from them, and/or the politicians have worked them up.  But there is also greed - a shitload of them managed to spend decades at the same companies, retired or cashed out, or maybe are heavy in stock markets, and so they get scared that something will wipe them out.

There are also a shitload who still have the same antiquated mindsets about race, etc. that they had in the 50s or 60s from being raised that way or in those places, and when it became a no-no to display such a mindset openly, they hid it,   But then social media took hold, they retired (and didn’t have to worry about losing  a job over it) and they found people or bots who openly pushed those mindsets, and we got Trump, and it became okay in their minds to push it.

And way too many of them probably passed that down to their kids.

There is a whole lot to process with the generational mindsets that we are seeing playing out.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Macanudo said:

This is taking place in September at a church in The Woodlands.   The all-star cast of GQPers includes Ted Cuz, Kayleigh McEnany, Candace Owens, MTG, Gaetz, Boebert, Ken Paxton, Troy Nehls and Steve Toth.  

How the fuck are churches allowed to host this shit without losing their tax exemption status?

Right wing sausage party.

Edited by Bullneck

I just assumed that was his caught at home look and he presented himself a bit better for being allowed to speak at these things, but nope, this is him at a previous years conference. I'd judge this book by its cover lol.

C97D73BE-B9D5-4EA4-90EC-2147B37C33C0.thumb.jpeg.ad20140f02eb20018f8dab394ad8ed78.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So, do they hold the Texas Incel Summit at the same conference center as the Texas Youth Summit?

I mean, the Venn Diagrams apparently overlap, so save some money, right?  Because you're fiscal conservatives and all?  Then you've got more money for inflatable fuck dolls.  Win/win, yeah?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Do the chaperones at this church even bother with the talk we always got at church retreats and lock-ins about staying in the rooms assigned to your gender after lights-out, no sneaking off alone with a girl, no sexual activity of any kind in God's House, etc.

or do they just take one look at the boys assembled and think, "Nah, I can save my breath with this crew."

I'd pull an Eddie Murphy from "Boomerang" when he tells Martin Short, "please man, you are the no-pussyest getting cat I know..."

^
This.  

The same way some people use social media to confirm their narrow world-view, young people are using it explore and see if there are other people out there with interests, challenges, and dreams like theirs.  The attempts to reign in "Big Tech" aren't what FoxNews says they're about.  They're about limiting the ability of Americans aged 5 to 55 to learn the truth, connect with people, and get a larger world-view.  These things are dangerous to controlling stupid people.  And thus dries up a voter base in a hurry.  

We had some parents run for school board on this bullshit of indoctrination, wokeness, grooming, etc.  They were soundly beaten at the polls and we're in a heavily conservative district.  Because most parents, even if they're center-right know our schools and our teachers.  They know that this kinda shit doesn't happen in real life in our schools.  It's boogeyman shit made up for the unwashed masses.  as posted a few times on this page, teaching facts, emphasizing kindness, allowing kids to select books on their own, critical thinking, etc.  that's not wokeness or indoctrination...that's a classical education.  

It feels different to us because we went to school when school wasn't so much about receiving answers, but to get you to stop asking questions. 

My 2nd grader came home last week and announced that two of her female classmates had gotten married at recess.  And then a few days later had gotten divorced and my daughter was working to get them "undivorced" so the group harmony could come back.  Teacher watched this all and laughed.  Wife and I laughed that our daughter was dabbling in light paralegal work.  Nobody stopped to say "They shouldn't be talking about same-sex marriage in schools."  Because the whole thing is so fucking cute and so funny.  All the dads had a laugh about it at dropoff.  It's not wokeness.  She already reads chapter books and watches shows with gay characters.  The books aren't about gay sex or anything, they just reflect that out of 20 characters in real life, statistically one's gay.  That's not the point of the book anymore than the names of the characters are the plot of the book.  Books and shows and teacher instruction feature people of color, gay people, trans people, et. al.  Because the world has people like that in it. 

One of our neighbors got transferred to a private school up north because of some serious racial harrassment of him by his classmates here in our district's middle school.  And his family asked our family for advice and my daughter was just dumbfounded.  It never occurred to her that he looks different and that somebody could be so mean to him for that, that he had to go to different school across town.  And dollars to donuts, the bully got wound up at home by his bully parents about brown people taking all the medical jobs.  Because they got wound up whatever wound you up.  And sure enough, I know the kid's mom and she's a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Covri said:

I just assumed that was his caught at home look and he presented himself a bit better for being allowed to speak at these things, but nope, this is him at a previous years conference. I'd judge this book by its cover lol.

C97D73BE-B9D5-4EA4-90EC-2147B37C33C0.thumb.jpeg.ad20140f02eb20018f8dab394ad8ed78.jpeg

Looks like a kid tied his tie.

it's a pretty genius move by the right. 

gotta force the propaganda at a young enough age before their brains are fully grown and before they possess the ability for abstract thought.  colleges allow them to think, and thinking is bad.  anyone with half a functional brain can see that their platform is nonsense and their voters have the mental dexterity of a cheese grater.

the uneducated vote largely as a bloc for the right and that's not a fucking coincidence.

• Hook 'Em 2

My favorite tactic by those who espouse such ideals are those who tell us those ideals/ relationships/ tactics don't exist or are completely misunderstood; as if we don't live on the same fucking planet.  
In our shared state of Texas, "the left" hasn't controlled anything, much less education, our entire adult lives. Claiming this isn't the case is either lying, ignoring reality, or utter stupidity. Which of those would you prefer?
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tchookem said:
15 hours ago, slorch said:
My favorite tactic by those who espouse such ideals are those who tell us those ideals/ relationships/ tactics don't exist or are completely misunderstood; as if we don't live on the same fucking planet.  

In our shared state of Texas, "the left" hasn't controlled anything, much less education, our entire adult lives. Claiming this isn't the case is either lying, ignoring reality, or utter stupidity. Which of those would you prefer?

1. All 3

2. All 3

3. All 3

51 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Also be careful what you wish for. If religious nuts take our country over then when do we have civil war between Catholics and Baptists because “you” are “different”. 

Needful Things enters the chat.  I guess Trump is our Leland Gauntt./gobble my crank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Covri said:

3f15b8a3-1af5-4d78-935b-9ade6e880beb_tex

This was a slorch drive by.  He knows he is wrong and/or prefers whatever they’ll be espousing at Grace.  Accusations and confessions and whatnot in his original posts on this thread.  

Id love to show up with a “Where’s Luke?” sign with his mugshot.  That a church of all places thinks these are good folks to put in front of children/young adults shows how fucked up suburban Texas still is.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, tchookem said:
On 8/27/2022 at 7:01 AM, slorch said:

In our shared state of Texas, "the left" hasn't controlled anything, much less education, our entire adult lives. 

Yeah, that was my first reaction too.  

I'm a product of Texas' public education, and I was definitely taught "state's rights!" at multiple grade levels, and not one fucking time (until I was at UT) did a teacher correctly observe that "human enslavement is a profoundly evil institution, and one that runs in direct contrast to the ideals America congratulated itself for being founded on."  That seems to me to be a completely in-bounds and non-debatable fact that was glaringly omitted for me (and for millions of other Texas-educated kids).  

As an aside here, right-wing politicians pretending that education is dominated by "the left" - that had a direct corollary during Snovid in 2020, when the power grid -- which is 100% controlled by right-wing lobbyists and their political stooges -- completely and totally collapsed.  How quickly did our Republican friends start sharing anti-green energy memes with frozen windmills on social media?  It was fucking ridiculous.

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

I'm a product of Texas' public education, and I was definitely taught "state's rights!" at multiple grade levels, and not one fucking time (until I was at UT) did a teacher correctly observe that "human enslavement is a profoundly evil institution, and one that runs in direct contrast to the ideals America congratulated itself for being founded on."  That seems to me to be a completely in-bounds and non-debatable fact that was glaringly omitted for me (and for millions of other Texas-educated kids).  

Same.  I don't recall the "state's rights!" nonsense so much (AISD), but I know damn well that my freshman year US History prof made it a point that the "state's rights!" argument was complete and utter bullshit.  Now, people like Slorch will probably be like, "See!  You got to college and they brainwashed you!"  No, I got to college and they made sure I knew the truth.

• Like 1

People like slorch do not know that they are wrong, believe that there is nothing you can learn from a book that you couldn’t learn from a ride on the turnip truck, and retreat to the doctrine of “two viewpoints = fifty fifty” when confronted with the idiocy of their beliefs.

40 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Same.  I don't recall the "state's rights!" nonsense so much (AISD), but I know damn well that my freshman year US History prof made it a point that the "state's rights!" argument was complete and utter bullshit.  Now, people like Slorch will probably be like, "See!  You got to college and they brainwashed you!"  No, I got to college and they made sure I knew the truth.

Many people just latch on to the first message they get.   As kids, we hear that the Pilgrims came to America for religious freedom.  We accept that as a kid, because we were kids.  As we grow older, we forget and do not think much about it.  If someone asks us, we recite what we we were taught as children or we take the time to look it up.  Only then do we find out we were not taught it correctly.  The Pilgrims already had religious freedom in in Europe (Dutch Republic).  They came here for economic opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Many people just latch on to the first message they get.   As kids, we hear that the Pilgrims came to America for religious freedom.  We accept that as a kid, because we were kids.  As we grow older, we forget and do not think much about it.  If someone asks us, we recite what we we were taught as children or we take the time to look it up.  Only then do we find out we were not taught it correctly.  The Pilgrims already had religious freedom in in Europe (Dutch Republic).  They came here for economic opportunities. 

And then Rhode Island became a thing.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:24 AM, Sawbonz said:

Hell many school districts are providing meals for students (and get this — some even provide a meal for family members of students!!) during holiday and summer breaks. Pretty much communism IMO

our local district provided meals during summer during covid for students and families. I happened to drive by the distribution one day and I was shocked at how long the line was. Around the block. For school food.

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And then Rhode Island became a thing.

Detective Kimball: "what do you mean, the whole Rhode Island thing?" 

Bateman: "Oh you know, closeted homosexuals doing lots of cocaine in Pawtucket.  That Rhode Island thing."  

• Haha 2

^
This.  
The same way some people use social media to confirm their narrow world-view, young people are using it explore and see if there are other people out there with interests, challenges, and dreams like theirs.  The attempts to reign in "Big Tech" aren't what FoxNews says they're about.  They're about limiting the ability of Americans aged 5 to 55 to learn the truth, connect with people, and get a larger world-view.  These things are dangerous to controlling stupid people.  And thus dries up a voter base in a hurry.  
We had some parents run for school board on this bullshit of indoctrination, wokeness, grooming, etc.  They were soundly beaten at the polls and we're in a heavily conservative district.  Because most parents, even if they're center-right know our schools and our teachers.  They know that this kinda shit doesn't happen in real life in our schools.  It's boogeyman shit made up for the unwashed masses.  as posted a few times on this page, teaching facts, emphasizing kindness, allowing kids to select books on their own, critical thinking, etc.  that's not wokeness or indoctrination...that's a classical education.  
It feels different to us because we went to school when school wasn't so much about receiving answers, but to get you to stop asking questions. 
My 2nd grader came home last week and announced that two of her female classmates had gotten married at recess.  And then a few days later had gotten divorced and my daughter was working to get them "undivorced" so the group harmony could come back.  Teacher watched this all and laughed.  Wife and I laughed that our daughter was dabbling in light paralegal work.  Nobody stopped to say "They shouldn't be talking about same-sex marriage in schools."  Because the whole thing is so fucking cute and so funny.  All the dads had a laugh about it at dropoff.  It's not wokeness.  She already reads chapter books and watches shows with gay characters.  The books aren't about gay sex or anything, they just reflect that out of 20 characters in real life, statistically one's gay.  That's not the point of the book anymore than the names of the characters are the plot of the book.  Books and shows and teacher instruction feature people of color, gay people, trans people, et. al.  Because the world has people like that in it. 
One of our neighbors got transferred to a private school up north because of some serious racial harrassment of him by his classmates here in our district's middle school.  And his family asked our family for advice and my daughter was just dumbfounded.  It never occurred to her that he looks different and that somebody could be so mean to him for that, that he had to go to different school across town.  And dollars to donuts, the bully got wound up at home by his bully parents about brown people taking all the medical jobs.  Because they got wound up whatever wound you up.  And sure enough, I know the kid's mom and she's a cunt.

Okay. This has to be Lobo, right?
A wall of text I have to scroll past because I have to go fly Tuesday night.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Okay. This has to be Lobo, right?
A wall of text I have to scroll past because I have to go fly Tuesday night.

Only one way to be sure:

YGIFS, what are your thoughts on punitive prison rape? Yay or nay?

• Haha 1

I condoned it for the two confederate dudes that hunted a black man for sport.  Never said it was appropriate any other time.  

Dozen times a week on this site, somebody will say, "I'm not for the death penalty...but in this case xyz123...I'd support it."

Welp, that's the way some people are about prison violence.  I don't condone it for anybody, even the murderers.  But for some truly egregious child molesters and people that hunt humans for fun..............sorry I can happily look the other way.  If you think it's categorically wrong in all cases no matter what the convict did, I guess you're a perfect Christian.  God bless.  

also daysoff-feel free to scroll past the post or put on ignore.  Immamac added all kinda cool features to the board several years ago.  

56 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

our local district provided meals during summer during covid for students and families. I happened to drive by the distribution one day and I was shocked at how long the line was. Around the block. For school food.

Yes sadly there is a segment of the population for which that is the only real meal of the day

On 8/27/2022 at 2:07 AM, tx 3 putt said:

TYS+Event+Graphic+Revised.png+.png?forma

Someone better with graphics than me out to put in diagonal red letters on each picture about what each of these assholes has been up to.  Like Ken Paxton: Indicted for Fraud, Matt Gaetz: Accused Statutory Rapist, or something like that.  Needs to be truth to all of them to make effective but I imagine it’s not that hard.  Then shame the church for putting on the event.  

On 8/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, Mole said:

Slorch’d: my wild speculation based on working in higher Ed.

If you were to poll everyone in higher ed, you’d likely find that they tend to lean left — although it’s more conservative than you’d think. You do have professors willing to discuss politics and come from wildly different angles, which seems like a plus in education.

I suspect that K-12 educators are pretty much representative of the population with one exception. As a whole, they are likely more concerned with the issues their students are facing and will face. You’re probably more likely to be concerned about LGBTQ issues if you know that students you personally care about are suffering. You’re more likely to be concerned about hungry students when they’re your hungry students. If that makes teachers “the left,” it seems more like an indictment of the right.

The institutions themselves, particularly K-12, seem quite conservative to me.

Insightful observation that teachers are pretty much on the bleeding edge as far as eyewitnesses to societal problems. 

It's really easy to blow off and dismiss others when you have no interaction with them. Or only negative as in the case of cops and similar. 

Radical empathy, imo. 

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

For this?  You’re GD right... 

image.jpeg.f4f10daee943ca907d17a3ee44555e6e.jpeg

17 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Someone better with graphics than me out to put in diagonal red letters on each picture about what each of these assholes has been up to.  Like Ken Paxton: Indicted for Fraud, Matt Gaetz: Accused Statutory Rapist, or something like that.  Needs to be truth to all of them to make effective but I imagine it’s not that hard.  Then shame the church for putting on the event.  

Can’t shame the shameless 

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If you live in SA, that is perfectly understandable:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2