22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

apparently half the league is no longer filling out their lineups. awesome. not to mention that the two guys in this league who happen to be my homeboys have failed to fill out their lineups every single time they’ve played my closest competition. ugh. 

I mean my opponent has left 29 points on the bench through 4 nights this week. He's currently 218 points behind and down 10-2. 

I have forgotten to set my lineup multiple days this season and it has cost me cats. You aren't not finishing first, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Capn81 said:

Are we officially in the playoffs now? As in, I’m done for the year?

yeah, this caught me off guard, but the playoffs do start today. in the past the playoffs would have started last week, but last year we only had 8 teams and the schedule changed, and apparently nobody remembered that and we are in the final four weeks (semifinals and finals) of our season. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:49 PM, Baboontyme said:

Left a triple double on IR. And here I am criticizing my kid. 

I left some shit on the bench Monday as well. 

It won't matter - I'm cooked. Injuries have just murdered me. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

You do have a ton of injuries. Giannis sitting out not helping. Not sure if you saw but Ausar is OFS with a blood clot if you want to use another IR slot.

It's not gonna matter. Jalen Johnson out tonight. Ant DTD now with his finger. Already lost Poeltl, Sengun, Sharpe for the season. RJ Barret's missed 5 straight after losing his brother. 

200.gif

There's just not enough in the tank any way you slice it. I'll be lucky to steal 3 or 4 cats.

Like at least half my team is FA streamers. 

Edited by ztejas

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

dropping donte divencenzo was certainly a choice. but hey, at least i still have sam hauser!!

IMG_1719.thumb.jpeg.b220b110e59ec7f9522d8e735dfb98dd.jpeg

IMG_1720.thumb.jpeg.1df3f1e1ff9978fe1005eb70797f4a9e.jpeg

and it’s still the 3Q.

this is my small consolation prize for also running into the injury buzzsaw this week. Scooped him up after you dropped him. You can have the playoffs but I keep the Ginga. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 3:43 PM, shadow_operative said:

yeah that injury buzz saw aint no joke. gobert, jokic, nurkic, cade, and jimmy have all missed time/are out for me this week. i wonder if this new goofy ass nba scheduling has anything to do with it

I think we talked last season about moving the playoffs up two weeks. This is just dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I think we talked last season about moving the playoffs up two weeks. This is just dumb. 

agreed. it’s absolutely out of control. next year we will definitely move the playoffs up by two weeks. the finals features malachi flynn and sam hauser vs trey lyles and kevon looney. that’s craptastic. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

agreed. it’s absolutely out of control. next year we will definitely move the playoffs up by two weeks. the finals features malachi flynn and sam hauser vs trey lyles and kevon looney. that’s craptastic. 

Not so fast my friend, I just picked up Peyton Pritchard to start in place of Loon.

Petition to half the buy-ins and money given out this season. This is fucking dumb. I've finished 2nd in the regular season two straight years and I'm paying money to play in this league. My entire team got gutted before the playoffs. 

No one else that plays fantasy has playoffs this late. 

hello fantasy basketball players.  you all did well and should be proud.  you should be proud that you almost did as well as derka.  but you did not.  you have failed.  you sicken me.

his venmo is blake-ross-24

he can't post it himself because of reasons.

good day to you.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:42 AM, shadow_operative said:

reminder of payouts:

regular season: $200- i’ll get durdy and timmy to pay this out

champion- $500

runner up- $200

third- $100 

@RexWilson where ya at buddy? 

This is pretty simple then. 

Regular season champ is Derka, owed 200. He will collect from his boys in real life. 

Champion is Derka, owed 500 minus his own buy in and 4 people need to send him $100 each. That would be @RexWilson @Dutchrudder @ztejas @Capn81. Please do not PM Derka but Venmo him. 

Second place is me, owed $200 minus my own buy in, I am owed $100 which Fish Friends will pay me in real life (eye roll) 

Third place is money back, so @BallamaticBevo is square.

Please check in when you have paid. Hope we can run it back next year with a tweaked playoff schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

This is pretty simple then. 

Regular season champ is Derka, owed 200. He will collect from his boys in real life. 

Champion is Derka, owed 500 minus his own buy in and 4 people need to send him $100 each. That would be @RexWilson @Dutchrudder @ztejas @Capn81. Please do not PM Derka but Venmo him. 

Second place is me, owed $200 minus my own buy in, I am owed $100 which Fish Friends will pay me in real life (eye roll) 

Third place is money back, so @BallamaticBevo is square.

Please check in when you have paid. Hope we can run it back next year with a tweaked playoff schedule. 

derka has alerted me that a deal was struck to chop the championship pot at 400/300 (instead of the pre-arranged 500/200) so it seems you're owed a hundo more than you initially thought.  he wanted me to pass that along, as a continuation of his relentless efforts to poison this website.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

derka has alerted me that a deal was struck to chop the championship pot at 400/300 (instead of the pre-arranged 500/200) so it seems you're owed a hundo more than you initially thought.  he wanted me to pass that along, as a continuation of his relentless efforts to poison this website.

Forgot about that. Let's get the champ paid up and I'll worry about that later.