Playscape for the backyard

I bought one off Craigslist a couple years ago. It was a cheaper Costco style set with thin cheap wood and cheap plastic features. I Went to some guys house, disassembled, transported and reassembled a well worn set. The kids loved it but I set it up on uneven ground and it leaned a little.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and 60 mph winds made it lean a lot. So it had to go. I wasn’t about to disassemble and level the yard or place supports to get it good enough to stay.

My kids are 5 almost 6 and I’m not doing the Craigslist thing again. Now the questions: how long do kids like playscapes? Till 8?

Has anyone used someone around austin that would install a quality set on a yard with a bit of a slope that won’t take too big a bite out of my butt?

6 hours ago, GottaB said:

My kids are 5 almost 6 and I’m not doing the Craigslist thing again. Now the questions: how long do kids like playscapes? Till 8?

Kids start playing sports, ride bikes, play video game, etc at that age.   My kids lost any interest in that type of stuff around 6.  Trampolines go a bit further

Edited by midtown
  • Like 2

Kids start playing sports, ride bikes, play video game, etc at that age.   My kids lost any interest in that type of stuff around 6.  Trampolines go a bit further
Very true . I wouldn't get another either. I gave ours away and replaced it with a trampoline.

If you can get through summer and really want another go to Sams. I got the floor model at Sams for $200 (regular 1200) plus the manager threw in 2 extra slides. Why? Why not? I added one on and the other is in my garage. I figure someone will need it one day.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was already assembled. I had them disassemble into a few major pieces so I could move it and fit it into my backyard.

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My kids lost interest in theirs by that age and i replaced it with a trampoline which they continued to use for quite a while, but jesus those thing are injury magnets.

Hey, break off another couple hundred when you renew your home owners policy. 

my kids are 2, 7 and 11. the 7 year old and her neighborhood friends play on it daily. my 11 yr old takes the 2 yr old out there for an hour or so every couple days. i hate the fuckin thing but dammit if the kids and their homies don’t all love it. 

• 2 weeks later...