🤘Big Bertha

Celery Man

On 10/16/2022 at 8:53 AM, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I really want like 10+ of them encircling the field and banging in concert to raise intensity like drums of war.

I don't want to work 
I want to bang on the drum all day 
I don't want to play 
I just want to bang on the drum all day

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

Real talk though, COVID was rough on LHB as an institution. They basically had two years of no games for upperclassmen to pass traditions down, so everything is a little off as they get the flywheel spinning again.

Add to this the "Eyes of Texas" controversy where they could have played in 2020, but didn't.  Bringing in Dr. Crooms in May 2021 as the new director has helped right the ship, since he was in LHB as an undergrad.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, SlingeroGuitaro said:

Is it just me or is this just not good? The beginning looks and sounds like a high school band.

sounds like captainant knows what is what but I also feel like there's a natural compression that smooths out some of the roughness when you hear it from your seat in the stands versus from what a field mic picks up. Like watching SD video on a CRT tv.

Thanks for sharing the halftime video, enjoyed getting to watch the ceremony. Honestly I'm not entirely sure if I know what OG big bertha sounds like, but I hope they get the tuning of BBII a bit more dialed in.

This is as appropriate of a thread as any - I don't know if it's just because of my band nerd past (sadly not LHB) but the far off sound of drumline and brass on a friday night is every fucking bit as much of that "fall is here" feeling as the leaves going red. The local high school and stadium is within earshot of my neighborhood and I love it so much when I can hear that "aaaaaah!" from the stadium and then dugga dugga dugga wapwapwapwap BOOM.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

I can assure you, it went better then it did during rehearsal at 6:45 on Saturday morning lol.

This makes sense.  I was applying restraint not to comment about quality of the performance.  

Mr Crooms has his work cut out for him.