Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

billionaires-on-the-moon.png

i mean, yes, those are definitely topical things happening.

my idea for a cartoon.

One Englishman says to another: "Look, it's Boris Johnson."  The other says, "Wrong, that's Joey Gallo, he was just traded to the Yankees for a surprisingly cheap haul."  The third one from an olympic podium says "The Taliban has Afghanistan!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

God terrifies them. They have no problem whipping, stoning, or beheading females.

I'm a contrarian on the story of Malala. No question of her commitment and courage, but she was a child.

Her father encouraged her to become a widely public figure. His weak defense of exposing her to danger was that the Taliban (Pakistan) had not attacked children in the past. That's because children weren't raised to be public critics in the place of an adult!

She gets shot in the head. Thanks, Daddy.

Remarkably, she survives to become a remarkable woman. No one is happier about that than I am. The story to me remains one of using a child (she was certainly willing, but not an adult) as a symbol with the faint hope that there won't be consequences at the hands of  the fucking Taliban. Brilliant gamble.

I wrote this in a letter to Vanity Fair way back when I read her story. I guess nobody wanted me to harsh their sappy symbolism story. I suppose the cartoon resurrects that feeling in me. Cuteness uber alles.

• Hook 'Em 2