Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

Not sure where to post this but damn this is painfully unfunny. Jim Breuer is still doing the same tired animal noises comedy routine he did 25 years ago.  He barely got any sympathy laughs here.

I didn’t watch the original tweet this was in response to. 

Again, thanks for the sad insight into the wit of the right such as it is. Not surprising but still depressing. 

Added Monday morning:

The last cartoon is particularly dull. Maybe it's the Mississippi factor more than the right wing. I assume it's the right wing ironically objecting to a millionaire getting paid too much in contrast to the virtues they don't care about listed on the woman's chalkboard.

1. Get hired to coach a college team.

I pretty much think you have to go through all the steps on the left to get to the first step named on the right (above). Or did I miss my chance to go straight to coaching a college team right out of high school? I'm such an idiot!

Also, doesn't the right still hold dear the concept of the market? A coach's salary is subject to market forces. A coach's buy out is also related to the whimsy of the market that, in its pure form, guarantees nothing for the future. The buy out protects the school from poaching and provides the coach with future income security.

I vote Dem, I think people auctioning their talents to the highest bidder is indeed a benefit of the market system. Coaches must perform to get where they are and stay there.

Were there similar cartoons from the right about the bonuses given out after out after Wall Street crashed the economy that was handed to Obama? 

Or, remember this fun fact:

image.png.eabe8449fb709f447e83a036c380d492.png

Any right wing eyebrows arch when they read that?

You can find left wing cartoons that get it wrong or just aren't funny. The right wing cartoons seem to strive for those things.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Free-Stuff-1.jpg?fit=1481,864

I'm surprised the Dems and media have let $1.75 Trillion Spending Plan stand as the name of this bill. It's spread out over 10 years and will be about $350B per year which is, as I understand it, about 2% of the GDP going towards upkeep and upgrading of the infrastructure.

It's a remarkably prudent and just about obvious thing to do. The obstructionist, criminal GOPs keep naming it as above to posture about their profound concerns about government expenditure. The Dems are too inept to re-frame the branding to show it's not so scary. The media are too lazy and in love with a constant catch phrase to at least get the point about annual cost out there.

The huge price tag was worrisome to me until I heard a piece about it on NPR about a month ago.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm surprised the Dems and media have let $1.75 Trillion Spending Plan stand as the name of this bill. It's spread out over 10 years and will be about $350B per year which is, as I understand it, about 2% of the GDP going towards upkeep and upgrading of the infrastructure.

It's a remarkably prudent and just about obvious thing to do. The obstructionist, criminal GOPs keep naming it as above to posture about their profound concerns about government expenditure. The Dems are too inept to re-frame the branding to show it's not so scary. The media are too lazy and in love with a constant catch phrase to at least get the point about annual cost out there.

The huge price tag was worrisome to me until I heard a piece about it on NPR about a month ago.

you see, the thing is, anyone with an R next to their name is a fucking liar. It's all they do. No policy. No help. Just lies and lining pockets. It's all they know and all they are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3