Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:
2 of 325

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2Fd9%2F66%2F18ebf1174e8f903bee7b42518533%2F20211219edsuc-a.tif

There is no question that the "Defund the Police" slogan was a disastrous choice for describing the idea that not all problems are best addressed by police such as domestic squabbles or other instances where a different service is preferable to the appearance of a person with a gun and no training on the issue at hand.

Naturally, you can expect the right to knowingly exploit the poor word choice to promote a lie about the movement's intention. That way you can stifle sensible public discourse in favor of appealing to emotion. 

The cartoon above Incred's series about insider trading, if based in fact, is deeply offensive. Any person in government involved in same should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I know we've heard stories about GOPs profiteering on plague. If the same is true of Dems, then they should suffer the same wrath.

Sounds worse than anything Martha Stewart did. She went to prison.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The speaker doesn’t sit in on committee hearings you fucking dolt.  

Well thanks for the useful info. Next time I'll laugh knowing the full context that the speaker, who was just recently asked if she was okay with the insider trading that Congress obviously does, is okay because we're a "free market" . Won't be in the committee asking Jerome Powell questions for his confirmation.

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Well thanks for the useful info. Next time I'll laugh knowing the full context that the speaker, who was just recently asked if she was okay with the insider trading that Congress obviously does, is okay because we're a "free market" . Won't be in the committee asking Jerome Powell questions for his confirmation.

I doubt Pelosi said insider trading is OK.  Can you post a link?

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, Bullneck said:

I doubt Pelosi said insider trading is OK.  Can you post a link?

It wasn't insider trading, just trading in general among congress critters.  She sucks and I can't wait til she is gone.

https://www.businessinsider.com/we-are-free-market-economy-pelosi-rejects-stock-ban-congress-2021-12

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday rejected the idea of barring members of Congress and their spouses from holding or trading individual stocks while in office.

"We are a free-market economy. They should be able to participate in that," Pelosi said when asked by Insider at her weekly press conference.

Insider also asked Pelosi about Conflicted Congress, a five-month-long investigation by Insider that found that 52 members of Congress and 182 senior congressional staffers had violated the STOCK Act, a law to prevent Insider trading.

The speaker said she hadn't yet seen the project, but added that it's important that members comply with the law.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, Incredulity said:
16 of 325

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F4c%2Fb8%2Fd5a6818d457ea8eb209ac71f1412%2Fmrz102821dapc.jpg

Yep, you're right - they shouldn't be taxed because they will take their toys & go somewhere else.  Because the only alternative is to NOT actually tax the wealthy... yep, that makes all the sense.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/16/2022 at 6:36 AM, Biff Tannen said:

It wasn't insider trading, just trading in general among congress critters.  She sucks and I can't wait til she is gone.

https://www.businessinsider.com/we-are-free-market-economy-pelosi-rejects-stock-ban-congress-2021-12

I mean, when you make the laws, it's basically insider trading as I said when I first posted about it. 

On 1/17/2022 at 6:55 PM, workswithseed said:

I mean, when you make the laws, it's basically insider trading as I said when I first posted about it. 

It's not that they make the laws -- it's that they sometimes have access to material nonpublic information. And didn't we make this illegal a decade ago?

• Hook 'Em 1

Only a genius with humility could harbor the wrong-headed notion that all are geniuses.

As for the tree-climbing test, I don't think it applies much to public education except maybe in the case of those with learning disabilities. Attempting conjugating a verb or doing a word problem for different human brains is a long way off from the analogy used.

I'm not denying cultural biases or inequities in education. I just don't think those challenges are nearly the same as asking a fish to climb a tree. Countless persons have overcome biases and inequities to perform brilliantly on standardized tests. 

• Hook 'Em 1