Cool old pictures of your parents, grand parents, or family

Elvis

This photo itself may not seem very cool, but the story behind it is. I'd be doxxing myself and family if I shared here, as his name has been published in several articles and books over the years.

This is my grandfather whom I never got to meet. I have so many questions for him. 

Screenshot-20230629-121829-Gallery.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

My maternal grandfather, approximately 1922 in Atlantic City with a couple of my uncles.  Has kind of a Boardwalk Empire vibe to it.  Apparently this is how you dressed for a day at the beach back then.  Wish I had gotten to know the man.

Scan10003.JPG

Edited by 83Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

My grandmother (far right) with her sister, mom, and youngest brother Jasper Morris who was 16 yrs younger than her. This was probably taken at their home in Crystal City around 1941 or '42. Jasper was named after his grandfather who had been a Confederate cavalry Lieutenant that fought late in the war out of Missouri. To the family though, JM was known as "Bunch", a nickname given to him by his mother. Wanting to be like his two older brothers, Bunch would get into the war and the Pacific in 1944 as a Marine fighting on Guam and later Iwo Jima. On Iwo, he would be killed there the day after the flag raising while he and his company took the second airfield.

Bunch Leila Gertrude Jean.jpg

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...