Random TV shows/thoughts that don’t warrant their own thread.

GoPokes83

On 6/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, GoPokes83 said:

Saw George Wallace on a daytime talk show today. The fact that he’s still alive is a bet I would’ve lost. Turns out he’s only 70, one of those guys that’s seemed old forever.
6024d923d0497ac6f5706a9a3c04217d.jpg

He lived with Seinfeld for 10 years. I’m shocked he didn’t get a recurring part. Instead,  he was given the Witchy Woman cameo. 

https://nypost.com/2014/05/17/george-wallace-on-his-new-york-and-former-roommate-jerry-seinfeld/amp/

image.thumb.jpeg.d3ad7c2606b2c78fa926b5c4bce2452f.jpeg

Edited by billfromlaketravis

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

43 years ago, yesterday, this little show debuted, I never thought of it as a series that started in December, but of course that's exactly what people experiencing shitty/cold weather over the next few months would like.

TV Guide:

GBJQxmYXAAAZkLP?format=jpg&name=large

GBJQxmaWEAAdB7d?format=jpg&name=900x900

Gonna have to throw an illegal procedure flag. That was not the original into. The show went through some... adjustments.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What young man or boy didn't want to move to Hawaii when this show came out? There must be a subset of 60 year old men in Hawaii today that moved there ~35 years ago because of this show.

Robert Conrad and Jack Lord were way ahead of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

i recently, for no specific reason, started rewatching Dallas. and when i say REwatching i mean i haven't watched since my 80s childhood 😁

it's pretty fun! some of the storylines are a stretch but the acting is really good (Charlene Tilton excepted lol). i am mesmerized by Victoria Principal ❤️ i know a lot more about Texas than i did as a kid, especially politics (30 year career in public sector), so it's pretty fun getting into some of those stories. also, things like high-schooler Lucy getting it on with her half-uncle Ray who must be mid-30s at least...whoa! that storyline would be presented completely different nowadays!

the late 70s to 80s fashion, cars, etc. is awesome.

• Like 1