Random TV shows/thoughts that don’t warrant their own thread.

GoPokes83

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

I bought there may be room for a thread.

Is Welcome to Flatch on Fox as bad as the commercials look?

Ancient Aliens has been on the History Channel since 2009. Who the hell watches 3 of these episodes, let alone 170?

It’s like you’ve never been to the football board…

Just watched a couple of episodes of King of the Hill. For me this was the GOAT show and I used to watch it nightly on Adult Swim 10 or 15 years ago.

I hyped it up and got the kids excited and the episodes were just kinda meh. It was sad and disappointing. 

To be fair, the episodes were later seasons with Lucky.

16 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Just watched a couple of episodes of King of the Hill. For me this was the GOAT show and I used to watch it nightly on Adult Swim 10 or 15 years ago.

I hyped it up and got the kids excited and the episodes were just kinda meh. It was sad and disappointing. 

The peak of that show was Bobby taking the women’s self defense class episode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

There's obviously a King of the Hill thread here. 

Jesus H. 

Seinfeld still makes me laugh.

Friends is just cringe now and I used to love it. 

Coach was highly underrated 

I really like the CSI episodes with Grissom. The episode with the grown man baby was my favorite. 

The incest episode of the X files still creeps me out. 

I really need to start watching Yellowstone 

I can't remember who shot JR

I’ve got like 50 episodes on my DVR at any time and I’ll binge it fairly often. The early seasons were just phenomenal! Lucky’s grown on me, other than when he and his friends strong armed wedding gifts from the neighborhood he’s a righteous guy, and he did get Bobby a chip off the line!
  • Haha 1

I watch Young Sheldon for some reason. Stumbled on it in reruns and I enjoyed it when he was a young kid, although he’s reached that creepy young teen stage now. Immediately after that is a show called Ghosts, I’ve gotten busy or forgotten to change the channel a couple of times and an episode or two has been on while I’m in the room. It’s ok for what it is I suppose, but not for me. They run commercials saying it’s the number one show on tv or whatever. How is this possible when there are so many obviously more popular shows and I’ve seen other shows making the same claim? Are they being selective with their criteria without being specific? Like, number one for divorced women between 45-63 at 7:30 or some BS?

2 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

I watch Young Sheldon for some reason. Stumbled on it in reruns and I enjoyed it when he was a young kid, although he’s reached that creepy young teen stage now. Immediately after that is a show called Ghosts, I’ve gotten busy or forgotten to change the channel a couple of times and an episode or two has been on while I’m in the room. It’s ok for what it is I suppose, but not for me. They run commercials saying it’s the number one show on tv or whatever. How is this possible when there are so many obviously more popular shows and I’ve seen other shows making the same claim? Are they being selective with their criteria without being specific? Like, number one for divorced women between 45-63 at 7:30 or some BS?

Ghosts is great. Novel, fresh actual scripted comedy show. They are hard to come by anymore.

Watch from the beginning though as character development is big part of the show.

• Like 1

I was really into The Office when it was current, yet I have no desire to watch an episode of the reruns. I think once a series has a wrap up ending with an official finale I’m just done. Exemptions being King of the Hill, and Seinfeld, maybe a couple of others.

I liked watching Grounded for Life. Silly sitcom with nutty characters. Show that ran for a few seasons but I'm the only person I know that knows it existed. 

Also the sitcom where the dad was the same actor that played Robert Baratheon on the first season of game of thrones. Can't remember the name but that was another silly sitcom I liked

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I liked watching Grounded for Life. Silly sitcom with nutty characters. Show that ran for a few seasons but I'm the only person I know that knows it existed. 

Also the sitcom where the dad was the same actor that played Robert Baratheon on the first season of game of thrones. Can't remember the name but that was another silly sitcom I liked

Still Standing with Jamie Gertz

3 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

Best music into? worst music intro? Best and worst at the same time?

Never heard of this one, but would have watched because Suzanne Pleshette. She was also good in Good Morning, Miami

Good Morning, Miami (TV Series 2002–2004) - IMDb

13 minutes ago, ajax said:

Northern Exposure - the show that fell down a black hole. It's not available on streaming and the DVDs are region locked.

Great show if my memory serves me correctly.

As with most of these situations, it's not anywhere because of music rights.

3 hours ago, ajax said:

Northern Exposure - the show that fell down a black hole. It's not available on streaming and the DVDs are region locked.

Great show if my memory serves me correctly.

They had an issue with the music licensing.

The only way you can get the series in its original format is to buy the PAL version from Europe. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

I recently finished a rewatch of The Larry Sanders Show. Tom Petty has a great part in the final episode. He and Garry Shandling were friends and were neighbors in real life for awhile. There’s an interview with the two of them at Tom’s house in the bonus materials where they talk about their relationship.

I’ve now started a rewatch of It’s Garry Shandling’s Show. Tom makes his first appearance early in the second season of that show and that’s when they first met. Tom’s daughter had auditioned for some role and they asked her if her dad would be interested in being on the show. In the episode No Baby, No Show, Tom performed The Waiting. (Tom picked the song. Excellent choice.) Quite a coup for a little known, low budget cable tv sitcom.

He also appeared in the Christmas episode (I haven’t made it past season 2 yet). Here’s one clip. Afaik you can watch all the episodes on YouTube.

Back to Larry Sanders, which has to be in the running for best comedy ever. If you’ve never seen it, you’ve got to check it out. Here’s Tom in the final episode.

And here’s the interview with Tom and Garry. (RIP to both.)

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1