Random TV shows/thoughts that don’t warrant their own thread.

GoPokes83

A damn great show ….

First 3 seasons were gold! Once Henry Blake and Trapper John left after season 3 and Colonel Potter shows up and it started getting too preachey I was on the fence, but once Larry Linville left it officially sucked (IMO). The fact that they drug it out for 11 seasons after 3 of the main characters were replaced after 5 I don’t know.

• 4 weeks later...

Once in awhile if a new show looks promising or the wife or kid seem interested I’ll hit the record series option because it may take a couple of episodes to get into it, then forget to delete it from the DVR if it’s not for me. I have 5 or 6 shows that pop up now that I delete as soon as I see the recording and think I’ll remember to go to settings and remove it from the schedule but never do. Beat Shazam is still on? Is Shazam still a thing? And I’m not giving Night Court another shot, among several others.

F-Tik Tok! Every time I try and get my kid to watch a classic movie or TV show with me she already knows the plot/big moments and ending from clips being uploaded on Tik Tok so she has no interest in seeing it! Gottdam thing’s spoilered every movie!

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the old movies. Watching one this afternoon with Lauren Bacall. I don’t get it with her, just my opinion but she’s just kind of attractive and has the emotional acting range of a stick. She made one great and three decent movies with Humphrey Bogart, but he was the reason they were good. Why’s she so revered as an actress? Pretty sure the only reason she got jobs and was a star was because she was banging Bogart.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

I love the old movies. Watching one this afternoon with Lauren Bacall. I don’t get it with her, just my opinion but she’s just kind of attractive and has the emotional acting range of a stick. She made one great and three decent movies with Humphrey Bogart, but he was the reason they were good. Why’s she so revered as an actress? Pretty sure the only reason she got jobs and was a star was because she was banging Bogart.

Wut ?

She made a lot of great movies and she can definitely act.

Staged with David Tennant and Michael Sheen was absolutely hilarious, if you are into British humor.  Kind of a call-back to the lockdown era, which is the shows premise.   The episodes are only 15 minute quick-hitters, so easy to binge an entire series in a couple of hours.  Unfortunately I think it is only available on Britbox or the bbc site.  Or by other less ethical means.  Worth a watch if you can find it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, Bateshorn said:

Season 4 of Jack Ryan was turrible. Michael Peña, Wendall Pierce, and Michael Kelly do some solid work as secondary characters and have some moments of humor, but it was just stupid/bad writing/weak bad guys, etc.

It was AWFULLLL

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

• 1 month later...
Lately I’ve been watching this series called Air Disasters on the National Geographic channel.  Holy shit, I may never get on another airplane.  I looked today and the series has been running for 23 seasons.  I’m surprised anyone ever survives a commercial plane ride.

I’m surprised that 114 years or whatever we’ve been flying that a 2-4 seat small plane crash is still almost state wide news when there are 68,000 car accidents a year in Houston alone.

One of my dad’s favorite shows when I was really young was Combat. I saw it was on the H&I channel, whatever that is…. Hit the record series and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Combat had some really decent production values and stories for an early to mid 60’s tv show. I don’t really remember it being on, just my dad liking it and watching it with him. Weird but even though he was famous for it Vic Morrow is my least favorite character. They also have Rat Patrol and 12 O’Clock High. Both solid nostalgia watches if you’re of a certain age.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Lately I’ve been watching this series called Air Disasters on the National Geographic channel.  Holy shit, I may never get on another airplane.  I looked today and the series has been running for 23 seasons.  I’m surprised anyone ever survives a commercial plane ride.

You want to mess with somebody? Watch it on a plane. I flew on a United DC-10 the day after the Des Moines crash. I was reading the USA Today story until the lady sitting next to me asked that I put it away. I told her "What are the odds?" That didn't calm her.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I love those cheesy SyFy channel shows.  The Librarians was my favorite

I'll never get over not giving us one final season of Stargate Atlantis and then just canning Stargate Universe when it got good.

• Rage+1 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

"Flying is safe."

Then why are there 23 seasons of Air Disasters?

• Haha 2