2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

On 3/18/2023 at 12:08 AM, perfectchaos007 said:

Speaking of Goode, she has fallen off hard the past couple of weeks at the plate. Wasn't surprised at all she was dropped from leadoff batter down to the 3rd spot. Hopefully she finds her confidence and swing again soon. I'm sure she will

She’s allowed a little slump I guess

today:

958DB361-8A9C-4E83-BAD7-71B01F09296F.jpeg.1ccd8eae9c2bbcc2da555842706ab3be.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, no one probably cares but me, but it looks like Bella is swinging away now instead of slapping. I don't know if she's just experimenting because she's done both in the past or the slapping was better for her healing wrist and she's back to full strength now.  I know nothing about slapping - I'm a baseball guy.   

• Hook 'Em 2

so, as we head into conference play, call your shot.  Do we finish better than 3rd in the conference?  Likely no (again) with OU and OSU being so strong as usual.  Last year, we went 1-2 vs OU (home) and 0-3 vs OSU (away).  Baylor also looks to be pretty good this year.  

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

so, as we head into conference play, call your shot.  Do we finish better than 3rd in the conference?  Likely no (again) with OU and OSU being so strong as usual.  Last year, we went 1-2 vs OU (home) and 0-3 vs OSU (away).  Baylor also looks to be pretty good this year.  

3rd. Any higher would be a huge surprise but I don’t see it. OSU in Austin and OU in OKC/Norman. Might be some ugly weekends, but this team has not been blown out yet 

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Seems like deja vu,  3rd in conference,  host a Regional,  travel for a Super.

This Tech team coming in may be the best Tech team we have seen in awhile (26-8).   Definitely the best coached with first year coach Craig Snider (former top asst at Fla St and aggy)    Though their pitching may be suspect compared with other B12 teams,  at least on paper.

Baylor travels to OKSt this weekend which will begin the separation.

59 minutes ago, torre said:

This Tech team coming in may be the best Tech team we have seen in awhile (26-8).   Definitely the best coached with first year coach Craig Snider (former top asst at Fla St and aggy)    Though their pitching may be suspect compared with other B12 teams,  at least on paper.

Tech does have a habit of starting B12 play with an inflated record and then not being able to compete in conference. This tech team is RPI 66. 

craving lisa kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

3 hours ago, torre said:

Seems like deja vu,  3rd in conference,  host a Regional,  travel for a Super.

Yep, definitely deja vu.  Sucks having #1 and #3 in the country in your conference every year.

5 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I see us dropping 6 games in conference. 4 combined losses to the Okie schools, 1 loss to Baylor, and 1 loss somewhere else. Now let’s see how stupid I look come season’s end lol 

I think we dropped 6 conference games last year too. 2 to OU, 3 to OSU, 1 to Baylor I recall (where we got annihilated and I basically wrote our season off at that point - lol).

It kinda feels like rinse and repeat.  Maybe we'll get really hot at the end of the year.  I don't think we have the pitching to make a deep run though.  We need a true ace.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Sucks having #1 and #3 in the country in your conference every year.

We just trade #3 OSU and a bunch of shit programs for perennial top 10/20 programs in LSU, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, aggy, Kentucky, Tennessee. And still #1 OU

sad george michael bluth GIF

Edited by Js1
  • Rage+1 1