2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

Just now, D3zii said:

Another thing all the OU players look like Mary Ikapoka from last season, they are built . No wonder they hit all these bombs 

we need to get in the weight room 

Well they are cherry picking talent. As someone upthread said, they are a magnet for the best players.  There needs to be some kind of sex harrsssment scandal to break the chain.  

2 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Damn. Ou ladies got all the same height and weight dimensions  

Would like to see a test for performance enhancing drugs.     Not only their physical characteristics, their antics.

#F___OU

• Like 1

Good effort. We clearly aren't their equal (who is?), but this was one we had a great chance to win. A few mistakes really cost us. Hope Washington is OK. 

Boost the NIL and get more power in the lineup. Having to bunt and beat out DP balls will take you only so far against high-average sluggers. 

9 minutes ago, torre said:

Would like to see a test for performance enhancing drugs.     Not only their physical characteristics, their antics.

#F___OU

Antics are part of the sport. Though I’m not sure I’ve seen hitters scream at their dugout after standing with a bat on their shoulder and taking a walk, it didn’t seem out of place.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Love's Travel Stops, the nation's leading travel stop network, has provided the lead and naming gift for the University of Oklahoma's new softball stadium. OU Vice President and Athletics Director Joe Castiglione made the announcement today. The new facility will be called Love's Field.

https://soonersports.com/news/2021/10/28/loves-contributes-naming-gift-for-new-softball-stadium

Edited by Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Love's Travel Stops, the nation's leading travel stop network, has provided the lead and naming gift for the University of Oklahoma's new softball stadium. OU Vice President and Athletics Director Joe Castiglione made the announcement today. The new facility will be called Love's Field.

https://soonersports.com/news/2021/10/28/loves-contributes-naming-gift-for-new-softball-stadium

Very fitting.  Loves Field in Walmart Country. 

• Like 1

I’d love to have Ou’s hitters of course, but I think our biggest weakness with this team is lack of an ace, or even a swing and miss pitcher for that matter. Followed by a tiny bullpen. White has a great eye for recruiting pretty good hitters. But our lack of recruiting and developing top pitchers has been surprising to me. I figured when he was hired that with his background they would be lining up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I think our biggest weakness with this team is lack of an ace, or even a swing and miss pitcher for that matter.

I think it’s fielding.  115th in fielding, 26th in ER/.  Mac showed yesterday she is good enough to be that pitcher.  Holding them to 1 run in 6 innings is pretty special.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think it’s fielding.  115th in fielding, 26th in ER/.  Mac showed yesterday she is good enough to be that pitcher.  Holding them to 1 run in 6 innings is pretty special.  

I’m glad Mac came to Austin but damn, if I’m a drop ball pitcher, I demand White figures out the defense before I consider Texas.  By their nature, a drop ball pitcher needs to be backed up by a solid defense because they’re going to get a ton of ground balls to deal with 

• Like 1

Yesterday Day batted in the 1st as DP,  then replaced by Whitaker.   Not in lineup today,  injury ?

Her experience and ability  are invaluable, especially in games like this. 

As we have discussed,  Simpson's forte is relief not starting.

Edited by torre