The 2023 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

my team this week: .148 avg, .419 ops, 0 R, 2 RBI

the two guys i've decided to bench (one yesterday, one today)- 5/9, 2 HR, 3 R, 7 RBI

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d743zbhzftkkyso6fz8b

That's why I don't keep any offensive bench players. That way I never have to feel guilty about who I play. 

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

That's why I don't keep any offensive bench players. That way I never have to feel guilty about who I play. 

yeah, this is generally my MO as well but i'm finding it a lot tougher to stick with this year. i have like 3 offensive players who are real deal season long players lol, so it's been one giant revolving door for me. jazz and cruz getting healthy sure would help. we gots to ass another IL a lot next year.

I have 6 injured players now - that is starting to sound like a good strategy.  I think I will have 2 people batting for me today total. 

Edit: One.  They benched Odor so I have one batter all day. 

Edited by beer

Listen, Logan, we know you’re supposed to start tomorrow and mlb pitchers are not exactly the prototype but would you mind rolling out today and totally fuck nomaaa in the ass. It’s a lot to ask but I know we can count on you. 

What a disaster. 

Same same yet it keeps winning when it shouldn't.  I am in the bottom 50% in nearly every category and I have no idea how this is working.  I was on vacation at draft time and I was stuck in an environment not conducive to paying attention and had to do it on my phone too. 

I was in the top 3 of like 75% of the categories 2 weeks ago. Then the top 2 HR hitters in the league, who happened to be on my team, both decided to get injured. Then all my raw pitchers decided to shit the bed. Now I'll probably miss the playoffs. 

i tried to take up nomaaa on his "i want an sp + an of for freddie" offer, but he informed me that he wasn't interested in my offers of "spare parts." what nomaaa calls "spare parts".
IMG_5571.thumb.jpeg.c0db4df1971ce050b2013668c385fd75.jpeg
lol okie silly dilly dokie o. good luck finding an offer you deem to not be spare parts.

You sent that offer last night and I was wondering what he had been up to since I traded him.

“God damn it”

14 minutes ago, castolon said:

You sent that offer last night and I was wondering what he had been up to since I traded him.

“God damn it”

he always starts slowly, so i always try to trade for him after about 6 weeks of subpar play to open the season. of course with the news this morning that i've lost hunter greene for the season i'm actually glad that nobody accepted my offers last night. 

well at a minimum now i have a reason to follow blake snell starts.  i dont care for him and dont want him on my team.  jake mccarthy doesnt move the needle for me either.  but im sure hes been raking in the last 7.  its ok, i appreciated the offer.