The 2023 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

On 6/30/2023 at 10:01 PM, shadow_operative said:

the belles vs neck matchup currently has 22 combined rbi. BO's team has 39. WTF lol. and in a 14 team league. i can't even be mad. that's amazing. 

we play the team thats in front of us. bare minimum. 

I cant understand how, statistically, my team has 10 HR's over the last 7 days, yet I have managed to earn ZERO HR's in this week so far.  Someone is manipulating some shit somewhere, like a strike. Thanks Obama. 

asking now as there is still some time left in the season:

1 - we decided on a trade deadline, no?  if so, when is it?

2 - how many teams make the playoffs?

3 - what is the actual last week of the regular season?  the schedule has it as August 21-27, but my thinking is that might be the wild card week?

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

3 - what is the actual last week of the regular season?  the schedule has it as August 21-27, but my thinking is that might be the wild card week?

1. I don't remember the actual details but 3 weeks prior to the season ending makes sense, no? perhaps the actual MLB trade deadline?

2. 6 (2 division winners and the 4 best wild card teams by record)

3. 20 weeks. Week 21 (Aug 28-Sep 3) is the wild card round. Semifinals are Sept 4-Sept 17 and the championship is Sept 18-Oct 1.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

8 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

1. I don't remember the actual details but 3 weeks prior to the season ending makes sense, no? perhaps the actual MLB trade deadline?

2. 6 (2 division winners and the 4 best wild card teams by record)

3. 20 weeks. Week 21 (Aug 28-Sep 3) is the wild card round. Semifinals are Sept 4-Sept 17 and the championship is Sept 18-Oct 1.

-ok i went and skimmed the first 4-5 pages.  july 31st was agreed upon for the trade deadline, so that's that.

-it's always been 6 playoff teams.  two division winners get byes.  2nd place in each division get in.  next two best records get in after that.

-fawesome is correct (felt weird to type that).  aug 28th-sept 3rd is the wild card matchup.  there are six regular season matchups left, including the one that starts today.

let's gooooooooooo.

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

also the schedule really works out this season.

big-o, derka, and i are in a virtual 3-way tie for 1st place in the east, where the records have generally been shittier than the west.  which means if the season ended last night, by percentage points, i would be the 7 seed and miss the playoffs.

but i play both of them in the final 6 weeks, along with the disgusting brothers.  time to take ph down a peg.

Hbo Thumbs Up GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Like 1