2023 Seattle Mariners Thread

Biff Tannen

Hello Seattle people. I can’t find a travel thread on search, may I hijack this one for a little bit or ask for messages?  Just signed an offer letter to work up there (Bothell) and looking for general info on things like housing and traffic patterns and whatever I should know about the place. 

also will be catching an Ms game ASAP, hope they are home for the first week of July. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hello Seattle people. I can’t find a travel thread on search, may I hijack this one for a little bit or ask for messages?  Just signed an offer letter to work up there (Bothell) and looking for general info on things like housing and traffic patterns and whatever I should know about the place. 

also will be catching an Ms game ASAP, hope they are home for the first week of July. 

Congrats man!  I love that city.  I forget who actually lives there.  @miguelito?  

I left in 2008.  Shit, that's been a while.  I don't think I'd recognize Seattle anymore.  Mt Rainier would be the same, until it blows up. 

Even my MIL left WA last year.

If you're new to the area, it will be great.  Get outdoors as much as you can.  Embrace the rain.  Us old-timers like to complain about the way things used to be.  That's kind of universal. 

My wife grew up going to the Kingdome to watch Junior, Joey Cora, Mike Blowers, that era.  Of course Junior is her favorite player, but she still holds a grudge against him because he would never sign autographs for the kids.  Same with ARod.  Now, she kind of understands that when you're that big of a star, it gets more difficult to sign for everyone that wants something, but you know women and their grudges.

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

My wife grew up going to the Kingdome to watch Junior, Joey Cora, Mike Blowers, that era.  Of course Junior is her favorite player, but she still holds a grudge against him because he would never sign autographs for the kids.  Same with ARod.  Now, she kind of understands that when you're that big of a star, it gets more difficult to sign for everyone that wants something, but you know women and their grudges.

Man when I was a kid/teen years my aunt would take me to the astrodome several times in the summer and I would always look at who they were playing and find the current roster and go through my baseball cards to take and try to get signed.  I have about 50+ signed cards in frames.  I remember going to a Giants game and Barry Bonds had no interest at all in doing autographs (don't think he really ever signed??).  I posted a while back in the MLB thread, but I got Tony Gwynn's card signed and he signed everybody's stuff from the dugout all the way down the foul line.  Best cards I got signed over the years was Gwynn, Tom Glavine, Jay Lopez, and Barry Larkin.

• Hook 'Em 1